DDL

U.S. Passport in less than 10 days!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, we got ourrs back in 5 working days non-expedited. Mailed it on Saturday and got it the following saturday. The cert was in the envelope with the passport and only slightly bent not creased :-)

Congrates cmartyn and others in getting your passport and cert back quickly. I am in waiting pattern but hoping to get it soon.

N-400:

04-21 - Sent to TSC

04-24 - Payment cashed

04-28 - NOA and biometric letters sent

05-02 - NOA and Biometric letters rcvd

05-13 - biometric appointment

08-18 - Interview scheduled (Memphis)

11-21 - Oath Scheduled - Done with USCIS!

11-21 - applied for passport - awaiting....

Timeline

Got my passport yesterday - amazingly fast - 5 working days, still haven't recieved the citizenship certification. Passport is the new type with security chip and good for 10 years - better than the Canadian Passport which was issued only for 5 years.

Edited by sam75

N-400:

04-21 - Sent to TSC

04-24 - Payment cashed

Got my passport yesterday - amazingly fast - 5 working days, still haven't recieved the citizenship certification. Passport is the new type with security chip and good for 10 years - better than the Canadian Passport which was issued only for 5 years.

Since you are mentioning new feature from the passport, I'm wondering whether I should order passport cover to block RFID random reading from my new passport chip or not.

Anybody ordered one already ?

Timeline

Since you are mentioning new feature from the passport, I'm wondering whether I should order passport cover to block RFID random reading from my new passport chip or not.

Not me, didn't know they were available. My thoughts were if you lost your passport or it was stolen at the airport or something they could locate it. But I guess someone could steal your name and address etc or whatever else is on that tag. Anybody know whats on the tag?

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline

Not me, didn't know they were available. My thoughts were if you lost your passport or it was stolen at the airport or something they could locate it. But I guess someone could steal your name and address etc or whatever else is on that tag. Anybody know whats on the tag?

This is a big risk to confidentiality of information if they allow anyone to randomly scan it. Based on my research, only few international airports in USA have this equipped today which has a special line for new passport holders where they can just zip through when they return to USA.

Cmartyn, I guess it has all the information about the passport holder that is filled in the form (at minimum).

Do you guys think that Govt. (department of state) will allow anyone to read this, I highly doubt it otherwise they can run into big trouble.

N-400:

04-21 - Sent to TSC

04-24 - Payment cashed

This is a big risk to confidentiality of information if they allow anyone to randomly scan it. Based on my research, only few international airports in USA have this equipped today which has a special line for new passport holders where they can just zip through when they return to USA.

Cmartyn, I guess it has all the information about the passport holder that is filled in the form (at minimum).

Do you guys think that Govt. (department of state) will allow anyone to read this, I highly doubt it otherwise they can run into big trouble.

Actually it is international standard.

As far as I understand, if you know the person's passport name and DOB, you can read it whole content stored in the chip.

I don' think biometric data stored in the chip yet, but it is planned.

So far, I think all information from Passport identity information including photo are stored in the chip.

If you search for "RFID passport cover", you can find some, but I don't know which one is good.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Was nice coming back to the USA with my wife having a US passport, that only took seconds with no 3rd degrees. Was sure a test to get that certificate of naturalization with the only apparent function of her getting that US passport, passport was good for SS to prove US citizenship, anything else, it wasn't needed, just had to check she was a US citizen like the natural ones like the rest of us have to do.

Not so sure why I was so worried about getting her certificate back, locked up in a safe, and we will probably never use it again.

All I ever had was my birth certificate, use it once for getting in grade school, first driver's license, military, married, and a US passport, the rest of the time, was just gathering dust.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.