SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK ladies...I've gotta sign off...I'm tired and need to get home (I was finishing up some reports at work) and get to my doggy! Love yall! Have a good night! :star:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marie- We experienced Black Friday this year. We went to Walmart and brought sugar and bread. My husband walked around the store talking about they don't really have no sales.

Well, KK, at least you don't hear...no man, dat too dear or no man, u musah mad, you know ow much yam and breadfruit and people dat can feed.

Lawny, My husband opted to pull his tooth instead of putting a crown on it. He was $600 for crown vs. $50 for extraction.

He was not planning on spending $600 on a tooth you could barely see :wacko::wacko: He likes stretching the dollar.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Roxie, I'm doing the same thing. I got part of the payment last week, but please be careful and meet with these people. My house is empty and I'm renting to a large family for 5 days. They have other activities to tend to that week in D.C. They have family driving in from all over the place. It's going to be a crazy week and I'm so glad I'm off January 20th. A lot of my friends and co-workers are also doing the same. Some people are being so greedy. The family was referred to me by one of my co-workers and some of the deal they were getting were outrageous.

My cousin is chargin 10gs! lol and a deposit of 1g......hi everybody long tyme no seeee

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
"For being out of it like you say Marlita, you actually articulated this very eloquently and I've often felt the same. But I also see your point, Sus. Sometimes I think my own guilt may be a factor in knowing that I've found a wonderful JA man and even though he's poor, I'm taking him from a potential woman there. Of course, he's also been burned pretty bad by his baby momma so he kinda stayed away from JA women and they him since he doesn't have much money"

I don't understand.

I guess that wasn't very well stated and one may not have much to do with the other but mostly I guess sometimes I feel guilty about snatching up a good man from JA when a JA woman might be out looking for someone like him. However, the poor comment is that the way I understand it, many JA women won't have much to do with a poor man cause he can't buy them all the finer things that they'd like. I'm sure it's not the case all the time but I've been told it happens a lot. Now here is where you Jamaicans can correct me if I'm only being told half the story! :help:

Ells I'm not Jamaican...nor am I jumping on your post. However, we don't want a broke man in the States either. There are plenty of good men right here in our country that can't get a break because of his lack of a bank account. Why should it be different for a Jamaican woman with her Jamaican man? I see Jamaican women out working long hard hours six sometime seven days a week, and a shiftless...lazy azz Jamaican man wants to tell you that he can't get a woman because he doesn't have any money. What do we foreign women do? Sop him up with a biscuit...let him sex us...then pay him for doing it all for the sake of "love".

A lazy broke man will not get a chance in hell with me, no matter where he comes from. Let a man come at me about he doesn't rate a Ja woman because he doesn't have enough money...pure bull. A Jamaican woman will stand by her "broke HARDWORKING DECENT JAMAICAN man like he is the King of Eygpt. If you believe your man can't get some Ja. pum-pum just because he is broke...I have some land to sell in the Florida Everglades.

We (I say we because again I'm not Jamaican) need to stop letting sorry azz men piss in our faces and call it rain. Why because he has an accent and he is from a third world country.

I dont think you should ever feel guilty for loving someone and that person loving you back. If you two are meant for each other it doesnt matter where he comes from. The only time I felt guilty about being with someone is if I knew damm well we were not good for each other and I was only in it for some other type of benefit (ex.sex) that would not lead the relationship nowhere except the bedroom. :blush:

A Deadbeat is a Deadbeat and they come in all colors, shapes, sizes and nationalities. Women that are involved in these type of men have their own self-esteem issues and maybe that man is just telling them what they want to hear at the right time and they may think its love, but thats just my opinion

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Roxie, I'm doing the same thing. I got part of the payment last week, but please be careful and meet with these people. My house is empty and I'm renting to a large family for 5 days. They have other activities to tend to that week in D.C. They have family driving in from all over the place. It's going to be a crazy week and I'm so glad I'm off January 20th. A lot of my friends and co-workers are also doing the same. Some people are being so greedy. The family was referred to me by one of my co-workers and some of the deal they were getting were outrageous.

My cousin is chargin 10gs! lol and a deposit of 1g......hi everybody long tyme no seeee

JALove, has she had any offers yet?

Filed: Timeline

Dang Jah'love; I'll keep my mout shut then. That's for the entire house? Mine is not even furnished, but they said, not to worry about that, they'll have something in place. You know those rental companies are going to make a killing.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance::dance: Hey JaLove, good to see you. How was your trip down and how is it down there so far. How is the little bambina?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Timeline

Okay; di duppy dem a call mi. Likkle more, mi deh yah a buck back.

Claire (((((((((chups))))))))))

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for the help with NYC and Happy Birthday Island!

momto2, where in WVa are you? My dad lives in Charleston and so does another VJ member Tonya.

Wow!! I havent heard that name in forever!! How is she doing?

I know. Where is Sonshyne?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LADIES:

I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion. But can we move on. Everyone here has the same intention “to love a man" it doesn't matter if he's JA or American. If a new person came to this thread and read the comments made yesterday and today they would probably leave laughing and disgusted. We are here to support and maybe sometimes that support is hard but do it discretely. If past comments were an issue, if it wasn't commented on when it was made, let it go! She wasn't the only one talking about Bowcat, it made the conversation juicier with no objections. Honey is Honey and whatever is said to her will not make or break her. She has to live with her decisions not us. I understand all that is said and I agree and disagree with a lot but I choose not to comment. I come here to relax and mingle with other like me. I don’t like soap opera and this is becoming a soap opera. Now if me voicing my opinion on this makes me the next subject make sure you spell my name right "EASTBOUND”, lets hug and move on Next!!

I agree wholeheartedly that it doesn't matter if your man is Jamaican or American. Like I said in my post to Honeychild regarding her post on the SAME day...I thought she was being shallow and flaky as a single mother herself. Her past post were brought up when she asked why did we have the impression that she was only going to Jamaica for sex.

I don't have a problem with sex discussions (hell my stories were full of them). However, I do have a problem with us pretending that our Jamaican men have to bow and comply to all our bull just because we can offer a "greencard". I don't agree that it made the conversation juicer...I think it was entertainment for a select few on the boards. However, there were just as many turned off by the personal nature of the discussions. If you love your man, why would you come on the internet and belittle him or ridicule him? I let it go as I said because to each his own. I don't chew my cabbage twice. Her past comments were brought up because she said she is clueless as to how anybody got that impression of her...not to beat up on her.

As I stated to Honeychild, don't get an attitude with your man because he has a higher priority...his KIDS. I have VERY strong feelings about this because I too am a single mother, dealing with fathers that don't give a rat azz what happens to their kids. So, when I see a man that is willing to put everything to the side to take care of his own, I will stand up and defend them. I have offered Honey words of encouragement just as much.

I don't see how an objection to her thought process was considered a soap opera...but we can do warm and fuzzies all day long that is not 100% pure and talk about it behind the scenes for what pappyshow? I don't believe in chatting to anyone's back. If I can say it about you, I WILL say it to you.

Now, let me ask, why would even think that you would become the next "SUBJECT" because of you stating an opinion? I can only speak for myself, I am a GROWN AZZ woman...I don't take part in childish games...nor do I need a "crowd" to support my opinion. I respect your opinion and the request for peace. However, my post was not one of malice.

I check my real girlfriends the same way. My sister will tell you that I will pull her too when she is not coming correct. I'm not going to side with a woman when they are wrong just because I'm a woman.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
"For being out of it like you say Marlita, you actually articulated this very eloquently and I've often felt the same. But I also see your point, Sus. Sometimes I think my own guilt may be a factor in knowing that I've found a wonderful JA man and even though he's poor, I'm taking him from a potential woman there. Of course, he's also been burned pretty bad by his baby momma so he kinda stayed away from JA women and they him since he doesn't have much money"

I don't understand.

I guess that wasn't very well stated and one may not have much to do with the other but mostly I guess sometimes I feel guilty about snatching up a good man from JA when a JA woman might be out looking for someone like him. However, the poor comment is that the way I understand it, many JA women won't have much to do with a poor man cause he can't buy them all the finer things that they'd like. I'm sure it's not the case all the time but I've been told it happens a lot. Now here is where you Jamaicans can correct me if I'm only being told half the story! :help:

Ells I'm not Jamaican...nor am I jumping on your post. However, we don't want a broke man in the States either. There are plenty of good men right here in our country that can't get a break because of his lack of a bank account. Why should it be different for a Jamaican woman with her Jamaican man? I see Jamaican women out working long hard hours six sometime seven days a week, and a shiftless...lazy azz Jamaican man wants to tell you that he can't get a woman because he doesn't have any money. What do we foreign women do? Sop him up with a biscuit...let him sex us...then pay him for doing it all for the sake of "love".

A lazy broke man will not get a chance in hell with me, no matter where he comes from. Let a man come at me about he doesn't rate a Ja woman because he doesn't have enough money...pure bull. A Jamaican woman will stand by her "broke HARDWORKING DECENT JAMAICAN man like he is the King of Eygpt. If you believe your man can't get some Ja. pum-pum just because he is broke...I have some land to sell in the Florida Everglades.

We (I say we because again I'm not Jamaican) need to stop letting sorry azz men piss in our faces and call it rain. Why because he has an accent and he is from a third world country.

I completely agree with what you're saying Lawny! I would not have anything to do with a man who won't work and I guess without fully explaining the circumstances it could look bad. On the positive side, my honey does have a job and a full work history. He's a tour guide at a resort near Negril and that's how we met actually. The only time he doesn't work is when season is so slow that they send people home...but they always call him back when things pick up and visitors often ask for him because he's good with the tourists. That also does NOT mean I send him money when he's broke. I let him get along no matter how hard it is to hear that he didn't have much to eat that day because I will not establish the kind of relationship where I'm taking care of him or being his sugar momma. He's never asked me for money and I don't offer it. The only thing I do is tell him that things will improve when he gets here and will be even better when he can work and we both have income...then he can send money home to take care of his Grandma. In the meantime, he earns somewhere around the equivalent of $150 US a month (don't even get me started on the damn slave wages resorts pay) and as many of you know, about half of that goes to taxi to and from work 6 days a week, some goes to the water bill, some to the light bill and the little amount left is on food or whatever else is needed. That's why I say he's poor but at least he works and seeing some past employer letters, they each say he has a good work ethic so I know he's not a lazy azz! :thumbs:

This the Strawberry Letter that was discussed on the Steve Harvey morning show this morning:

Date: 12/03/2008

Subject: Baby Daddy Don't Understand What Child Support Is

Hello: Steve, Shirley, Carla and Tommy (God Bless all of you and your love one's. Less see where do I begin, I am a mother of three and i divorce my kids father in 1995. He was order to pay child support in the amount of $70.00 per week for two children. Well he did ok up to 2001 he paid nothing, 2002 nothing, 2003 (763.66), 2004 (647.79), 2005 nothing, 2006 (960.00), 2007 Maybe 600.00 to help pay for my daughter's cheerleading which the total amount for that is around 2400.00. I don't make a lot of money to say that i am midclass because i am not. My problem is this he has a total of 5 kids (i understand that) and 4 baby mothers. Me being the first. I try to understand an be fair because he is not P Diddy. and i know that it is hard. He called and said that he will start paying support on 01/18/08. In one of our conversations he asked me if he start paying child support will i forget about the money that is past due. I asked him if someone owed you over 10.000.00 would you be willing to forget about that kind of money. I stated it would help if that money could help with there college education!!! Well Steve he told me that they are not fit to go to college, that they are not college material. I know what to do,the courts will be seeing me again. Talk to him he listen to your show all the time. Tell him it is not the next man job to take care of his children. If you could talk to him you would say what kind of man are you. Please help

Any thoughts?

Timeline

I don't understand.

I dont think you should ever feel guilty for loving someone and that person loving you back. If you two are meant for each other it doesnt matter where he comes from. The only time I felt guilty about being with someone is if I knew damm well we were not good for each other and I was only in it for some other type of benefit (ex.sex) that would not lead the relationship nowhere except the bedroom. :blush:

A Deadbeat is a Deadbeat and they come in all colors, shapes, sizes and nationalities. Women that are involved in these type of men have their own self-esteem issues and maybe that man is just telling them what they want to hear at the right time and they may think its love, but thats just my opinion

I agree 1000%. What I'm saying is listen to his story but don't buy it as 100% gospel. We all have standards that we want in a mate...so why would a Jamaican woman be avoided like the plaque because they want a man that can take care of the household? I think we villianize Jamaican women too much IMHO.

That's exactly what I was trying to say....a deadbeat is a deadbeat and no WOMAN wants a deadbeat.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.