SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys!

All you women of faith and prayer warriors, please keep me in your thoughts.

It is so hard for me to read threads and everyone else that applied at the same time as me have their SO home a long time ago..or they are getting ready for them to come home this month. I am so happy for everyone, but sometimes I get really discouraged!

How is everyone today?

Aw Shrewdie

It'll soon be over. I know you hate hearing that cause i hated to hear that too!....so scratch that! it sucks for now, and I know there is nothing that can take that sucky feeling away until this mess is done with. So I'll just keep holding you an M up in my prayers. :star:

I just received this from a friend. It brought a smile to my face and hope it will do the same for you

Cherokee Legend...

>

>

> Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of Passage?

>

> His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him

> alone.

>

> He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the

> blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He

> cannot cry out for help to anyone. Once he survives the night, he is

> a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this experience, because each

> lad must come into manhood on his own.

> The boy is naturally terrified.

> He can hear all kinds of noises.

> Wild beasts must surely be all around him.

> Maybe even some human might do him harm.

> The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat

> stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he

> could become a man! Finally , after a horrific night the sun appeared

> and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his

> father sitting on the stump next to him . He had been at watch the

> entire night, protecting his son from harm.

>

> We, too, are never alone. Even when we don't know it, God is watching

> over us, sitting on the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all we

> have to do is reach out to Him.

>

> If you liked this story, pass it on.

> If not, you took off your blindfold before dawn.

>

> Moral of the story:

>

> Just because you can't see God,

>

> Doesn't mean He is not there.

>

> 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.'

I love that story, thats so sweet :crying:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys!

It is so hard for me to read threads and everyone else that applied at the same time as me have their SO home a long time ago..or they are getting ready for them to come home this month. I am so happy for everyone, but sometimes I get really discouraged!

How is everyone today?

I'm praying for you. Don't get discouraged. God may not come when you want him but he is always on time!

thanks Wakey :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

kimmy what is all that about...

seriously when i made the comment about rooksin yesterday, that was a joke...plain and simple... i dont know why everyone got so bent about it. hell i ask d, what is a bowcat or what does this mean or that mean? he knows about VJ AND that i seek out advice on here. like i told jawi i skipped like 8 pages of post to respond to her, then i went thru and skimmed, so i didnt get the half of what was discussed last night. FOr 8 months or so i have been on here and joked and made all types of comments, it wasnt until today that i see that people think i go to JA just to get my freak on...LOL..

when i went to JA for the first time ever, it was with no preconcieved ideas about what JA was supposed to be about, sex tourism, gigolo;s whatever?? i went to enjoy the country.

Im really tripping off this whole thang, cause i have always been up front about whats going on with me and how i feel about this that or the other....

oh well i guess from now on i will just not say anything, this feels to much like drama and for what i dont know???i have had enough drama to last me a life time.

Timeline
so i will be home this xmas god willing and i was thinking about being alone at night when my husband is doing the night shift. i usually sleep on the couch when my husband is at work so one night i decided to go to bed and i felt i feel like someone or something was holding me down on the bed. i woke up and felt shills down my spine and went back into to living room. i didn't sleep in the room when my husband did his night shift since. boy i will be living there now so i guess i will have to have the bible or a cross with me when i go to bed. or feel brave like king kong and just take a go at it again. i refuse to not go to my bed because of that 1 experience :unsure::unsure:

This happened to me last week. My mom said it is when a witch is riding your back. It is the worse feeling in the world. Bless some oil and anoint those walls in the house. You will be all good!

My mom use to do this all the time. And you know oil never soaks into paint, so it just dries up. I remember years later always looking at the wall where she put the oil and when the light hit the wall a certain way i could still see the image of the oil cross on the wall.

But that dream of being held down and not being able to talk or make a scream always happens to people. I forget where i heard it, but its said to be when your spirit is out of your body.....your spirit travels when you sleep. So if you cant move its cause your body is there with no spirit in it and it needs to get back in there first. I have those alot. They use to be scary for me, now I just focus on getting back to my body...i visualize my body laying in bed and then I slowly am able to move or wake or speak....its very wierd. But I really believe this though...that your spirit can leave your body at many times in your living life...not just when you die. I dont think God gives the spirit power in death, but power in birth, but its up to us to condition or mind and body to understand the spirit so that we can live by it. Afterall the spirt will live on not the body, when when we pass, so I think the spirit has more power and control that we give credit.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hi kimmy, when are we going to have our charity discussion?

hey I was waiting for after the holidays when everyone is settled...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Islandwoman--Happy birthday to you.

Lawny--BIG BOSS GYAL

JGAY---Goodluck today my girl

Marlita, how is Evan adjusting? Sorry about your stalker. People need to get a life and be productive citizens of society.

Shrewdie---your time soon come girl.

Hey Claire!! I have been doing weightwatchers and hitting the gym. I have lost about 16 lbs in 7 weeks. not as much as I want..but not bad at all.

Island- I didnt know it was your bday!!

JGay..let us know as soon as you hear something!

Lita.... WHAT STALKER????????? did I miss something???

and thanks! i hope my time is soon!!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Honey I'm not u mi no need drama..if i did i would be on here tellin my life story...mi just call it like mi see it...i notice many a times u say ish and then laugh after..no either u say what u gotta seriously or not at all...I'M A PROUD JAMAICAN AND I BE DAMNED IF SOME OF THE ISH DOESN'T PISS ME OFF !!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Awww Shrewdie, so sorry you're feeling discouraged. I would be too though probably! We're all sending out prayers for it to move along for you so just keep the faith! It must be so hard to be married and not be able to enjoy daily life together. This will happen in '09 though, it's coming....maybe just look at this as your last little bit of time to do things you can't when your SO is around. Like on Sex and the City when they discussed 'secret single behavior'. LOL!

haha. I have actually been better the past while, but this week or two has been hard. Thanks for the laughs and encouragement. I just miss my best friend.

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline
Ok..whatever Honey..all that ish is pure ish..and yes nuff a wi go a JA go ** but that is not MY # 1 goal..get it in when u can...all that bout joking pure foolishness..we all know u serious..so everybody can play hypocrite and laugh off ur ish..but whateva...all ppl read on here r words..so it can be taken in any light they see it until u clarify urself. aND DOES he really know all the ish that goes on here..how u sit inna him face etc....please

Bwoy, Kimmy yuh bole ehhh? :lol::lol:

Dis wha mi seh?! Kimmy how yu go so?!!

Hey guys!

How is everyone today?

Aw Shrewdie

It'll soon be over. I know you hate hearing that cause i hated to hear that too!....so scratch that! it sucks for now, and I know there is nothing that can take that sucky feeling away until this mess is done with. So I'll just keep holding you an M up in my prayers. :star:

aww thanks pal :)

Nice to see you back :rofl:

Yea, i'm doing like you told me....leaving little notes...haha!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
It's Islands birthday?!?!

Hi Claire :D

Your situation definitely sucks Shrewdy :(

yeah.. I think so too. hahahaha

I know I am not the first and wont be the last, but I just got bad luck from all ends! I got held up in that VSC mess (misplaced files) and then when I finally get thru I get held up because our embassy is taking the longest. hahahaha.. nutso!!!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You know to me it sometimes seems that American women are very intimidated by Jamaican women....just in general. I know for myself I was somewhat intimidated or at least quiet around them, but i think it was mainly feeling out of place on my own part....not because the women were doing things to make me feel uncomfortable. I find that JA women have a "rougher" or more serious look to their persona and thats very different from many American women. I think it makes them unapproachable or intimidating to people outside of that culture. But once you get to know them they really are very sweet women for the most part just going through their day to day. Jamaica makes women harder i think and that definitely comes across.

After I began to let my guard down around these women and I began to feel more confident being and acting or even looking a little different than many people in JA I began to really understand where they were coming from. I think many of them do see "farrin" women coming over and living what they may assume as "lavish". Hotel stays, partys, bars, clubs, beaches, pools, relaxing. Which should be fine....that farrin woman is on vacation after all. But when it comes to her coming and dipping into the JA man and acting a what they may consider "wild" with these men, and the men just loving it cause of course he's a man it bothers them. The women start developing an image that may be a stereotype but now its their reality.

Dont know if this makes sense. I'm just not focused today at work cause I have so much to do and have no idea how to even start....ever have one of those days? So I'm on VJ talking all kinds of craziness to try an stimulate my brain/. haha

Marlita - In some ways I agree with you - but I think it goes both ways - There is an intimidation factor on both sides, and a prejudice on both sides - Very often people don't let their guard down and take the time to get to know people -

I know that for myself - when I was 21 and first went to a step show with my girlfriends - I was very uncomfortable at first - and some women were nasty to me - Why was I uncomfortable? Because there were thousands of people there and I stuck out like Casper the friendly ghost! It wasn't anything to do with being intimidated by the other women, etc... it had to do with feeling out of place - and women were nasty to me that I was there to "steal their men" = Please! I was there because my best friend's bf stepped, and they asked me to come - nothing more. After a while, I was comfortable - because my friends treated me just like they always had - I was the one who had felt different, not them -

It isn't so much about American women being intimidated, Jamaican women being intimidated, etc.. the way that I see it - It's about prejudice, plain and simple - People prejudge people based on the actions of others - Some women go to JA and run wild - some JA women hate on tourists - But until people stop tarring each other with the brush of the one who came before - It's not gonna change.

I treat people for who they are, not what they are - I don't care if you are white, black, or purple - if I respect you, I respect you - If your a byatch - you are one regardless of what's on the outside -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

oonuh waan si oonuh man get tek..lef him wid a Jamaican ooman wah want him...ooman a JA put on the "the face" cause they are fighting for their bread and butter their men..who provide for them..no matter how little it is

they are taught to hold on to what they have...but they say who know better do better

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.