criandjen

Why VSC is so slow?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
They not slow like you think they just have so much filers not just VJ members IF you read about VSC last year the director submitted his resignation from work because he can not afford huge number of petitioners . there is so many filers don't know VJ . DONT WORRY everything will be ok just wait and have patience :)

You are a very nice person. Way too nice. VSC is an example of just another bureaucratic entity that cannot and will not step up the pace. Remember, in theory at least, they work for "we the people." I don't know about you, but if I did my job as ###-backwards as they do, I'd have been shown the door ages ago. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to their practices and no understanding their arbitrary, if not erratic, behavior. There simply is no reason why it should take 6+ months to complete a task such as this -- and some people are waiting up to a year for VSC to push papers! Do you realize that this is only the step necessary to ASK for PERMISSION to file with NVC? If anything, NVC should take longer than this.

As Ilya said, we are not a priority to them.

Edited by ScotsMajik

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Possible answers:

1. Because they are a giant bureaucracy answerable to no one -- welcome to American government!

2. Because they probably make minimum wage.

3. Too many phone calls from people asking, "Where is my approval"?

4. Too much time in voice class practicing, "Sorry, we don't have that information" in response to possible answer #3.

5. For God's sake, this is VERMONT we're talking about -- how many people actually live in Vermont, much less work for VSC?

6. They want to see if your international marriage is strong enough to endure the torture -- can't be too careful these days, economy being the way it is.

Take your pick.

7. VSC just doesn't care

8. Marriage and togetherness means nothing to VSC

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I thought I would chime in to toss a bit of VJ History into the mix. Just under six years ago a group of VisaJourney and other members went to Texas (in front of the TSC) several times to protest. While these may seem "drastic" at the time the TSC has not processed a single case from September to February. Literally no cases in six months!

In any case several civil protests took place outside the building and the media was invited. Needless to say these civil protests (no one was mean or rude but wanted to take their concerns in person to the source) were effective. Shortly after the floodgates opened and cases began passing through quickly! I want to encourage everyone to stay strong and sane however to also express your concerns to the USCIS and others at how you feel. Be polite and civil and explain how important "family" is to America and how Family Based Immigration should be taken seriously and not delayed unreasonably.

Here are some photos of the event(s). Veteran VJ'ers will certainly recognize some of the people :).

MVC_005F.jpg

MVC_006F.jpg

MVC_001F.jpg

groupshotwithfps.jpg

group_with_FPS4.jpg

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
:crying:

lol...18 days in the game and you are already asking that question. i am completing almost 180 in a few days. i am curious to find out the answer to your question. let me know when you get the answer.

Ha ha ha ha.. same here. Please do let us know if you by any chance find out the answer to your question. I would definitly want to know what the hack is going on at VSC.

Don't forget to count me in your group...One thing is pretty clear that, VSC is now clearing the March and April files..Some of April files and most the May files were transferred to CSC this November (this information considering the member's situation of this forum). Hopefully June and July should be done by the next month...I am being really optimistic here...And, I know, that's the only thing I can do right now....

Also, please try to update oursalves by sharing our TOUCHES & APPROVALS.

hmm... how bout doing this again.. and lining up outside in VSC? :bonk::innocent::whistle:

I believe VSC is aware about their shortcomings, and the more we, people making them feel how obsolete

they are, somehow it's gonna reach their brains to do something about it.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
They not slow like you think they just have so much filers not just VJ members IF you read about VSC last year the director submitted his resignation from work because he can not afford huge number of petitioners . there is so many filers don't know VJ . DONT WORRY everything will be ok just wait and have patience :)

Very Hard to find such comment on VSC....Since you are done with all USCIS matters...now it is your duty to Pray to Allah for all of us who r waiting to be approved....

Congrats....

wow , that cop on that last picture does not look like a happy camper, lol. Anyways i agree Captain Ewok, but i think that even if we take a proactive approched that wait is going to be there, no matter what we do. i have surcommed to the system. i remanber when my mon requested for my father it took almost 6 years and i think that now that i am requesting for my wife my wait will be around the 1 and half year ball park(that's being optimistic). I wish things would be better but i think the wait is part of how they do things(part of a bigger plot, such as for us to pay fees and taxes to fly abroad and other miscellaneus expences, like phone cards, we incurred while our spouses are not here). I hate things are the way they are but please remain Optimistic hopefully that will make you feel a little better in the long run of this marathon that seems to have no finish.

Married July 5, 2008 in Dominican Republic

Service Center: Vermont

sent --I130 on August 01,2008

NO1-- Recieved August 07,2008

touched---August 11,2008

touched---August 12,2008

touched --December 17,2008 transferred to CSC

touched--December 24, 2008

touched--December 29, 2008

approved-- January 14, 2009

Sent ds-3032 on jan 23-2009

Paid AOS fee---Jan 28-2009

SENT I-864-----jAN 30-2009

PAID IV fee-- Jan 30-2009

Case complete--Feb-29-2009

ANTERVIEW ON jUNE 2-2009

APPROVE AND RECEIVED jUNE 8-2009

7758.gif

Filed: Timeline

Why is VSC so slow?

Maybe they're on the same server as VJ....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Why is VSC so slow?

Maybe they're on the same server as VJ....

Hey maybe you could buy vj a new server?

:thumbs:

Thanks!

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I've given what Captain Ewok said some thought. See, it's not that the people on VJ object to VSC,or the USCIS doing their jobs. It's that there is very little, almost no, indication that there is an actual job being done. Imagine going into Walmart, for example, or Target, or Macy's, etc., getting in line, and waiting. Waiting for hours, days, weeks, months, and not a soul in sight. No manager to say, "Thank you for shopping with us. We value you as a customer. We are sorry for the delay. The reason is that our registers are currently offline. Bear with us as we rectify the problem. Here's a certificate for some cash off next time you come to our store." There's an utter disregard, even contempt, on the part of the USCIS for not the consumer, but the BOSS. "We the people" are, in fact, the government. Should the CIS let every person filing an application into the country without thoroughly checking their background? Absolutely not. No one in their right mind would agree to that. But how about a heads-up? How about an explanation of why it's taking so long? Why our cases were transferred? When we can expect to be serviced? Maybe if they reached out their hand and asked for understanding, we wouldn't feel so distraugh t. We're the ones who followed the rules, paid the fees, filed the paperwork, maybe even retained attorneys, and we're the ones shut out by a failing system.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dude VSC stands for

VERY SLOW CENTER

Doest that make it clear now.

Good news is it is not called VVSC. You now what it means not or DSC ---dead slow center.

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Really i don't give VSC eny PERMISSION never cuz i was tired with them when my case was there but i try to find eny reason make me feel they work and i was have expedite there and they hold me for REF so long time till i get approved i know how everyone feel and really i ask ALLAH all time for all ppl cuz i know this so hard feeling a part is very hard .. sorry about my comment but really i dont mean to give them eny PERMISSION

Yasser

Edited by yasser ezz

From

happiness rules

1 :- Don’t hate anyone even though he offends you

2 :- Don’t ever worry and increase invocation to god

3 :- Live simply however your rank getting high

4 :- Expect that it will be better however the tribulations were increased and expect good thinking of good

5 :- Give more even if you were abstained

6 :- Smile even if you heart is crying bloods

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

196029953.jpg

CLICK ON PIC TO DOWNLOAD HOLY QURAN ( MANY LANGUAGES ) ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

670873386.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

patience :whistle: patience :whistle:

18 days is nothing!! Good Luck in the waiting game :whistle:

Nita

I like that Very Slow Center :lol:

Dude VSC stands for

VERY SLOW CENTER

Doest that make it clear now.

Good news is it is not called VVSC. You now what it means not or DSC ---dead slow center.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I've given what Captain Ewok said some thought. See, it's not that the people on VJ object to VSC,or the USCIS doing their jobs. It's that there is very little, almost no, indication that there is an actual job being done.

1. we on visajourney are not the only people using USCIS. We are, in fact, a mere drop in the bucket of petitioners. They may be doing a ton of work, just not on the petitions of members of VJ that we can see and track.

2. This year was the year of "eliminating the backlog of Naturalization applications" -- VSC hasn't recovered from that yet, as far as I can see.

3. A year ago, people using CSC were the complainants as far as timeline is concerned. The title of "Faster Processor" swings back and forth between the two centers on a continual basis. Oh, the moaning I heard about how fast VSC was when I was going through K-1/AOS!!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.