venusfire503

You know you're in a MENA relationship when....

173 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
You know the toilet was a big issue for me. Once at Starbucks in Alexandria, Egypt I got blown off of the toilet by the flusher thing. It was an instant douche! I ran across the bathroom and that thing was still blowing wildly and as hard as it could out of the toilet. I used all of the towels to clean up the floor came out soaken and my husband just stared with wild eyes like ####### just happened?? I said excuse me, I didn't expect the the water to squirt out like a firehose. We laughed so hard we had to leave. I was a mess and everybody was staring.

sorry but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In MENA do you have the hand-trigger bidet like they do in Asia(Nepal and Thailand anyway)? I love those things - wish I could install one here but don't know if they work with an apartment toilet. I've seen the plain hose at the airport in Muscat and Abu Dhabi and those things scare me - how do you control it???

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
One learns very fast about "toilet issues" !! Just treasure all your memories as you look

back and laugh and think....OHHHH I really did that or I really did this. The name of the

game is improvise!!

In Egypt when you order pizza (don't know why i'm hooked on the pizza "issue") they give

you little packets of ketchup. Yep, you squeeze those little suckers on top of your pizza!

Ohhh how I loved Egypt! (L)

:rofl: morocco too... they asked if i wanted it with mine.... i kind of sat there :blink: with a strange look... I declined they laughed.

or how about you go to a McDonalds just to have a decent public restroom???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
You know the toilet was a big issue for me. Once at Starbucks in Alexandria, Egypt I got blown off of the toilet by the flusher thing. It was an instant douche! I ran across the bathroom and that thing was still blowing wildly and as hard as it could out of the toilet. I used all of the towels to clean up the floor came out soaken and my husband just stared with wild eyes like ####### just happened?? I said excuse me, I didn't expect the the water to squirt out like a firehose. We laughed so hard we had to leave. I was a mess and everybody was staring.

In MENA do you have the hand-trigger bidet like they do in Asia(Nepal and Thailand anyway)? I love those things - wish I could install one here but don't know if they work with an apartment toilet. I've seen the plain hose at the airport in Muscat and Abu Dhabi and those things scare me - how do you control it???

They have both, the hand held and then the little pipe coming out of the toilet. I prefer the hand held but could see a water fight at home with my kids.

On the Dowry issue....You have to declare one when you get married, it is not an option. The judge in Jordan would not let me say " I didnt want one" So I made some ####### up and went on our way...seriously, hubbys money is my money, I dont need gifts, lol.

Alot of the "you know your married to an arab" crack me up. Do some of your hubbys really take 3 showers a day?? lol...I guess after Sofyan being here now for 3 years he has become quite americanized.

I think alot of you will be surprised when and if your spouse comes to america. Sofyan use to be semi conservative but that ended reaaal quick. It doesnt take much for them to sloowly start coming around. Its nice that I can finally enjoy an ice cold beer with my muslim husband :)

yes for real...sometimes more. but hey, we live in the world's largest and hottest dust bin, so it's for the best. even in the usa he took at least 2 (he was there for 4 years or so) so i don't see him changing too much if we ever get back there.

oh my GOD!! i dont know about egypt, but in Saudi there is no such thing as cold water in the summer...it is all about 200degrees and sizzling hot. so one day after i first moved here, i was trying out the bidet in our bathroom for the first time. i sat down, got comfy, and turned on what i thought would be cold water. BIG SUPRISE for me!!!!! naturally when i realized my tender parts were being boiled, i jumped up and the water continued to squirt all over the bathroom and my clothes. My poor daughter came running and was like "mama what happened to you?"

That was a ME moment I'll never forget!

Filed: Timeline

:lol:

You can actually hook up a small hose inside the toilet seat and it has a hand control on the side. NO long hose or handle etc. They are availble online and are easy to hook up to any toilet...apartment or home. :D

They have both, the hand held and then the little pipe coming out of the toilet. I prefer the hand held but could see a water fight at home with my kids.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ya can always count on amal to bring levity to a thread! You crack me up gf!

eta: dawn would have had a great time on this thread!

:luv: it's what i live for :luv:

Lol, 45 minutes with the toilet hose :rofl: Poor thing!

Heres another one...

When you wake up periodically to turn the fans back on because as soon as you're back asleep, SOMEBODY goes and turns them off again ... in 90 degree weather

When you are asked what you want for supper and inevitably it will always have something to do with olive oil, chicken washed in lemon, olives, and rice....

When the word "mfakr" no longer sounds gutter minded and "gdam" no longer sounds blasphemous!

Amal, our husbands must be kin!!! :rofl:

omg there are so many words that in the beginning I thought..omg what are you talking bout....

mfak fak

mfakr

gdam

aswad

rug booty

fak artik

mafak

feeshee ... i used to wonder why he was talking about the fishies so much

...these are just a few

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

You can actually hook up a small hose inside the toilet seat and it has a hand control on the side. NO long hose or handle etc. They are availble online and are easy to hook up to any toilet...apartment or home. :D

Thanks - I'll have to look into that. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wd u plz send me the link!!! need i have to mention how much im suffering without the water thingies!!! seriously! :blush:

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Ok, here's another mena thingy for you!!

When your husband is wearing gym shoes and says hey baby my coochies are hurting me!! I tell him watch who you say that in front of it means something totally different here!! :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When your husband is wearing gym shoes and says hey baby my coochies are hurting me!! I tell him watch who you say that in front of it means something totally different here!! :bonk:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:rofl:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

wd u plz send me the link!!! need i have to mention how much im suffering without the water thingies!!! seriously! :blush:

I bought one similar to this on ebay but just a word of warning, the spray nozzle has since fallen off so now the thing looks like a long enema hose and also the hookup is weird and has been causing floods in my basement so now he puts the open end of the hose in a bucket (which the cat now drinks out of ...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew).

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I bought one similar to this on ebay but just a word of warning, the spray nozzle has since fallen off so now the thing looks like a long enema hose and also the hookup is weird and has been causing floods in my basement so now he puts the open end of the hose in a bucket (which the cat now drinks out of ...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew).

oh my!! :wacko:

lyrics.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.