DesiMan

Has anyone called VSC?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well, I feel liek the pro of writing the cogressman. lol

I also got a canned response and wrote right back to them and asked for a detailed inquiry. See my signature for the response.

I also posted a few threads about my experience.

I called when we hit the 6 month mark and got nothing, until I was politely persistent with the officer... she put in an update inquiry. We should hear something in 30 days. I also wrote my congressman again.

If after 30 days, Ill take it up with the ombudsman. H*ll, I might do it before 30 days.

You are your only advocate... go for it :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I've been trying to get through a live operator but there wasn't any good chance..

Im trying to call Vermont's number... 1-800-375-5283 through skype, but I never get through a live operator.

Does anyone knows a trick? or a way? on how can I talk to a live operator?

coz it's driving me nuts now not getting a NOA after 1 week they received our papers.

I filed my I-130 for both my wife and daughter back in June 08, I haven't received a NOA1. I called and got the receipt numbers, so that's probably what you might have to do, they say wait like 45 or 60 days, somewhere along those lines, but then someone else might say oh we only generate one NOA1, actually you have to ask for a Notice of Action, they won't know what a NOA1 is, I'd say give it a few days. If you paid with a check, keep an eye on when the check is cashed, give it a week or 2, then call if you haven't received anything by then. Good luck to you!

jurod16

I've been trying to get through a live operator but there wasn't any good chance..

Im trying to call Vermont's number... 1-800-375-5283 through skype, but I never get through a live operator.

coz it's driving me nuts now not getting a NOA after 1 week they received our papers.

has your check been cashed? keep an eye on your check. you will get your NOA in about a week after the check is cashed. looking at your timeline, i doubt you will get your NOA tihs week. I am looking at somewhere next week. good luck!

Actually, my husband paid through a money order.. As for me, I am not so familiar how many order works.

So, what should we do??

Can someone tell me what to do now since my hubby paid the processing fee to a money order??

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

has your check been cashed? keep an eye on your check. you will get your NOA in about a week after the check is cashed. looking at your timeline, i doubt you will get your NOA tihs week. I am looking at somewhere next week. good luck!

Actually, my husband paid through a money order.. As for me, I am not so familiar how many order works.

So, what should we do??

Can someone tell me what to do now since my hubby paid the processing fee to a money order??

it took several weeks before we found out our NOA1, when hubby called for the first time they told him to call again if its past 30 days after submitting our I-130,

my MIL received the NOA1 hardcopy after like 3 weeks..

if its a USPS money order, then it should have a tracking number on it..

So, what should we do??

it took several weeks before we found out our NOA1, when hubby called for the first time they told him to call again if its past 30 days after submitting our I-130,

Oh!, thanks ruby_jade. Yeah, its a USPS money order.

My husband too told me that he'll start to call USCIS if its more than a month since they received our papers.

However, Its me who really worries when we'll be hit by that comet NOA1.

So, all we need to do is to check from the USPS if the money order is received? cashed? (sorry, I really don't know how this thing works.) My husband prefer money order coz he told me that it doesn't need to be in cashed from his bank. It would be there right away.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Actually, my husband paid through a money order.. As for me, I am not so familiar how many order

works.

in our case we have our NOA1

So, what should we do??

My husband too told me that he'll start to call USCIS if its more than a month since they received our papers.

So, all we need to do is to check from the USPS if the money order is received? cashed? (sorry, I really don't know how this thing works.) My husband prefer money order coz he told me that it doesn't need to be in cashed from his bank. It would be there right away.

the only way you can track USPS money order is to go to the post office or call them and inquire if its encashed..

in our case we have NOA1 first then they cashed our check, so dont worry too much about the money order

Edited by ruby_jade

Actually, my husband paid through a money order.. As for me, I am not so familiar how many order

works.

in our case we have our NOA1

So, what should we do??

the only way you can track USPS money order is to go to the post office or call them and inquire if its encashed..

in our case we have NOA1 first then they cashed our check, so dont worry too much about the money order

TVM ruby_jade... May we all have progressive development in our cases!

God bless!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.