jbmail

Opening the Provisional Case file

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all,

I was just speaking with a friend who applied the same time I did in July and he already has his NOA2 weeks ago, so knowing there is NO rhyme or reason to the way that USCIS works, I probably have the adjudicator that went on vacation or is out with the flu for 3 weeks and nothing will get touched???

When I spoke about NEVER being able to get an interview in December unless we got approval this week, he answered that if time is a problem and waiting into 2009 is a problem, try opening a Provisional case to speed things up, as soon as you receive NOA2!

We have a problem with january as she has to move before then, and we are trying to avoid a move, for just a few weeks delay

From what I can see, opening this case file, just speeds it up for the time its in transit (?), and it doesn't seem like you'd be that far ahead?

Does anyone have any knowledge of doing this and any benefits? If its just days, its not worth it, but if you might be able to get an appointment faster, it might be worth a try

Thanks again

JB

Hello all,

I was just speaking with a friend who applied the same time I did in July and he already has his NOA2 weeks ago, so knowing there is NO rhyme or reason to the way that USCIS works, I probably have the adjudicator that went on vacation or is out with the flu for 3 weeks and nothing will get touched???

When I spoke about NEVER being able to get an interview in December unless we got approval this week, he answered that if time is a problem and waiting into 2009 is a problem, try opening a Provisional case to speed things up, as soon as you receive NOA2!

We have a problem with january as she has to move before then, and we are trying to avoid a move, for just a few weeks delay

From what I can see, opening this case file, just speeds it up for the time its in transit (?), and it doesn't seem like you'd be that far ahead?

Does anyone have any knowledge of doing this and any benefits? If its just days, its not worth it, but if you might be able to get an appointment faster, it might be worth a try

Thanks again

JB

Sorry, I have never heard of this. Try posting on the K-1 or NVC forums. Good Luck!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I think that your friend in July was lucky as some June filers are still waiting and only now just receiving their NOA2

I have not heard of the provisional case opening but maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to come by and give you advise

As they are quoting now 6 months for case processing I do not really think that they would do anything, as you are withn the specified time frame, at the moment it seems that Vermont is giving out NOA2 around the 4 month mark, well that is what happened with us and other June filers

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.