Marlita

Adjustment to the United States

435 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you so much for that Jgay...!

Kelly...let me 1st adress the vet/newbie thing..this has nothing to do with what u go thru or experience..it's how u handle it IMO !

And to answer one of ur questions..NOPE i would not leave ESPECIALLY if the man REFUSES to learn and be apart his new environment..heck no!..he would come home one day and my locks would be changed!

When we first moved to CT hubby hated it too..hated that he couldn't walk to the store to grab something...but u know what he spent time at his mom and guess what.."kimmy, where we live is where we are suppose to" hated Queens and Brooklyn...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
So, yesterday we were on our way to pick up Tahlia from the sitter and Kimora from school...and I was talking to hubby about some of the adjustment stories we share..and we both said at the same time ..u know i'm glad we don't argue like we used, about foolishness..no joke we used to argue b/c he talked to kimora in a way i didn't like or he would listen to foolish advice from his mother..and he said to me..picking u up from the dentist the other day, my life flashed before my eyes..and i realized i need you in my life..can't imagine it now w/o u..lmao..he's crazy..b/c he realized that i might get sick one day where he had to take care of me and hold down things...

we took sometime to get back to this point after leaving JA..i'm happy now he we are finally in a happy place..love that man...

REALITY CHECK!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

EVERY COIN HAS TWO SIDES

EVERY STORY HAS TWO VIEWS

EVERY PROBLEM HAS TWO SOLUTIONS

EVERY PATH HAS A BEGINNING AND AN ENDING, IT'S YOUR CHOICE HOW FAR YOU GO DOWN THAT PATH BEFORE YOU GET OFF OF IT.

LET'S NOT KID OURSELVES HERE, EVERYONE ONE OF US INCLUDING OUR HUSBANDS GOES THRU SOME TYPE OF ADJUSTMENT PERIOD IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS. SOME WILL BE HARDER THAN OTHERS; SOME WILL HANDLE THEIRS BETTER THAN OTHERS.

BUT NOTE: NOTHING THAT HAS BEEN MENTION HERE IS UNIQUE TO MAN KIND, these things can and has happen in relationship regardless of his/her country of origin. Some couples may or should seek marriage counseling, but they won't. Others just got caught up in the moment, and now they realized that they don't fit well as a couple. And that's okay too, because this does happen. But, we all should be fair and not generalized, because all men/women are not the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi Zee Bee.. :)

:lol:

I'm just reading. Its interesting that these issues are not confined to one culture.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

I'm just reading. Its interesting that these issues are not confined to one culture.

Of course NOT!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

if so then we would be sooo special :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

:help::oops::ot: I need a touch up

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Kelly, we have talked many times in the past - You are a stronger woman than I am, because I would be in jail by now for murder - I hope that all works out the best for you.

Nanny, I am so sorry to hear that - stay strong, and enjoy the blessing of your daughter that came out of this situation - I dealt with the same ####### from my ex - he always talked a good game with our son, but never ever walked the walk - finally, I just stopped answering the calls or reading the texts - it was too hard.

Wow, LuvTrav, That is so crazy. Sus is right, I woulda probably been in jail too. Do you have family members, male friends, brothers, fathers, uncles who could "show him a thing or two?" You know...somewhere secluded, in a dark alley or something....I'm just sayin....

Wow he sounds like such a stress, but unfortunately this is not at all uncommon as i hear with many men coming here from developing nations.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Yes i believe you should try your hardest to make your marriage work and last "til death do us part" but you should kill yourself doing it...IMO

meant to say shouldn't

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

:help::oops::ot: I need a touch up

Why...ya got beady beads :blink:

No, girl I got BUCK SHOTS!

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.