Uncle Wally

New NVC process?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I notice on people's NVC timelines that it's a step-by-step process, and it seems that the NVC requests forms and fees as they need them over time.

I'm using a lawyer, and the paralegal told me they seem to have a new process, in that if you pay online, you can submit all the ####### at once. We completed all of the various forms that appear in people's NVC timelines (DS-230, I-864, paid fees to lawyer who will pay NVC, etc), gave everything to the lawyer, and they were all submitted together two weeks ago (there was a delay in getting a police certificate if you notice a gap in my timeline). The automated voice thingy says that they got all our stuff on Nov. 6.

Does anyone have any experience with this apparent 'new' process, submitting everything at once at the beginning instead of submitting various components when requested? If so, what was the time frame? Does it speed things up?

Edited by Uncle_Wally

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Most people going for a CR1/IR1 visa have used or are using the "new process" which in reality is not that new. You can find the shortcuts in the WIKI section of VJ.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Most people going for a CR1/IR1 visa have used or are using the "new process" which in reality is not that new. You can find the shortcuts in the WIKI section of VJ.

Diana

I appreciate the response to my post, but virtually everyone's timeline seems to suggest that their NVC process consists of multiple steps of "send in 'x', we'll process it and send you 'y'. When you fill in 'y' and send it in, we'll send you a bill. Pay the bill we'll send you this other form to fill out. Fill in the form, and we'll...."

I don't get it. It doesn't seem that most people have done what we have, which was to send in all the completed NVC forms and pay all the fees at the beginning of the NVC process. The optimist in me hopes that this might expedite things for us.

Edited by Uncle_Wally

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I paid both fees at once wiht one check before they had the online payment system.

I notice on people's NVC timelines that it's a step-by-step process, and it seems that the NVC requests forms and fees as they need them over time.

I'm using a lawyer, and the paralegal told me they seem to have a new process, in that if you pay online, you can submit all the ####### at once. We completed all of the various forms that appear in people's NVC timelines (DS-230, I-864, paid fees to lawyer who will pay NVC, etc), gave everything to the lawyer, and they were all submitted together two weeks ago (there was a delay in getting a police certificate if you notice a gap in my timeline). The automated voice thingy says that they got all our stuff on Nov. 6.

Does anyone have any experience with this apparent 'new' process, submitting everything at once at the beginning instead of submitting various components when requested? If so, what was the time frame? Does it speed things up?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Diana

I appreciate the response to my post, but virtually everyone's timeline seems to suggest that their NVC process consists of multiple steps of "send in 'x', we'll process it and send you 'y'. When you fill in 'y' and send it in, we'll send you a bill. Pay the bill we'll send you this other form to fill out. Fill in the form, and we'll...."

I don't get it. It doesn't seem that most people have done what we have, which was to send in all the completed NVC forms and pay all the fees at the beginning of the NVC process. The optimist in me hopes that this might expedite things for us.

Well, you don't send everything in one load because it goes in order. Even though it may seem like you can, you still aren't. You still have to pay the AOS bill first before you can print out the I-864 coversheet and they still have to process the DS-3032 you initially sent them so you can pay the IV Bill. IT IS FASTER than it was a few months ago, but you're not paying and sending everything in one package as the paralegal said you could. It may seem to you since you gave your lawyer's office everything they need from you, but I can guarantee you that's not the way they're sending it to the NVC.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

if after the 3032 is approve giving agent then both amounts will show online it will let u pay both everything u read from them says dont send until ask for as it may cause delay BUT....i paid the first amt waited few days it was approved printed the sheet and send the I864, paid the second printed the sheet now ready to send the 230 informations, so not really all at once, but few days inbetween

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Diana

Uncle Wally

I have never heared about sending everything all together. As a metter of fact this can cause delays from my information. Check w/ your lawyer. May be he has everything in his hands but sending step by step as required. I have been looking for information for the guide and never heared all together. May be you can but NVC says it might cause delays and confusion since barcodes are required for different things. Ask your lawer for web site info and post it here please for this new process. May be laweyers get the new news first somehow. :blush:

Thanks

Timeline

Here's the deal. The lawyer said he paid online an submitted everything at once. The two messages I've heard on the NVC's automatic phone system were last week, a week after they were sent in: "We received all of your documents..."

then this week "we reviewed all of your documents...".

That second one was unfortunately followed by some ####### about an RFE, but those messages are not included in any threads here about the automated messages. Sounds like they can take all the stuff at once to me.

With the online system....

If you wait long enough (for the NVC to be ready for you) then you can pay both fees online at the same time and you can then print off both the required coversheets at the same time and send in both the I-864 and the DS-230 at the same time.

However most people on here are checking the NVC site every day and poised ready to send in things as they become available and because of that most people were able to pay one of the fees before the other and therefore print the coversheet and send in one of the forms before the other. They were just waiting for the NVC fee payment site to catch up with how ready they were. One of the fees (can't remember which one now) is ready before the other.

Your lawyer probably has several clients to deal with and can afford to wait a few days/week and just do everything at once. He's not as impatient as people doing their own cases who check every five minutes and catch each change as it happens.

People's timelines often don't reflect that as many of us seem to be using the old templates which were designed for the days when you had to mail all the fees/forms and wait for each section.

Timeline

Well, I just got off the horn with some dude at the NVC to find up what was up with my RFE, and it's no biggie. They didn't have a W2 for 2007 because I never worked in this country that year. All I have to do is send in a copy of the IRS form I filled out to declare the income I earned in Japan in '07. Glad I made a copy of it and saved the friggin' thing...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.