Hunnybaby

Passed medical but might have ruined my interview results :(

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all your suggestions, I don't think we can still cancel petition to my so called daughter.

Telling the truth when asked is the ONLY option, I know. As for now, we're hoping that my petition won't be affected by this.

I spoke with an Attorney and I was told that it's really a crime and my worries really got worst. Nothing I could do now but to face this hurdle.

Thanks again.... :crying:

My fiance included my daughter on his petition and we got approval, decided to just follow to join. I just passed my medical exams but had to admit that my precious Angelie is not my own, that I never gave birth, never been married with the fear that if I told them I gave birth, they would know through my physical examination that it's a lie. She is my cousin's daughter, given to us when she was only a month old w/o any documents. I didnt even think the responsibilities I am taking when I decided to have her registered under my name w/o a father on her Birth Certificate. Since then we never had contacts with her real mother whom we're really not that close to them, not until last year when my uncle who brought Angel to us died. When my family went to his burial, I let Angel to go with them to meet her real family, her real mom and other sisters. They were very happy that Angel is lucky to have us as her family since we can give everything she needs, educations, good health, etc.... Btw, she is 6 yrs old now.

Now, I'm really worried coz the embassy would know the real deal with my so called documented daughter :crying:

I'm hoping that the consul that will interview me has a BIG heart and would understand my situation... Am I being paranoid about this?

My fiance adviced me that if the consul will ask if He knows about this, he told me to say NO... what the heck! We had argument about it, told him it's ridiculous, he said, it's kidnapping.... :bonk: coz she isnt really mine, but mine... isnt it so confusing? That he'll try to bring my so called daughter to the US....grrrrrrrrrr.... still worried about it... but I decided to tell the truth during the interview if i will be asked about it....

Any suggestions? or opinions?

Thanks a lot for reading, please pray also that the interview will turn out FINE and POSITIVE :help:

best option for you is to tell the truth... if you won't and US embassy finds out (I know they have ways of finding out), you could be charged with human smuggling and carries I think a lifetime ban... it could ruin your chances of ever going to the US...

in the philippines, simulation of birth, no matter how honorable the intentions are, also carries a punishment... i think a fine of P50,000 - P100,000 or imprisonment up to 12 years or both... but being in the philippines, there are ways to get around it... i suggest you consult a lawyer who has experience on cases like these.... i have consulted a lawyer before and he told me it can cost P200,000 maybe more just to adopt the minor child and erase the simulation of birth record... that is if you have intentions of adopting the child and bringing her to the US...

to adopt the child, USCIS has their own requirements too.... you must adopt the child before the child's 16th birthday... you must live with that child for at least two years after legal custody has been granted to you (count 2 years after the court adoption decree)... they have other requirements but these two are the ones that come to mind... only after you've satisfied it, then that's when you can petition for that adopted child

also, if there is a way to cancel that child's petition before your interview then that would be better... i don't know if it can be done though... it's just a thought...

We will be praying for you. Just be ready, whatever the outcome. :innocent:

Thanks for all your suggestions, I don't think we can still cancel petition to my so called daughter.

Telling the truth when asked is the ONLY option, I know. As for now, we're hoping that my petition won't be affected by this.

I spoke with an Attorney and I was told that it's really a crime and my worries really got worst. Nothing I could do now but to face this hurdle.

Thanks again.... :crying:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

:thumbs: To all who shared their thoughts, and opinions,

most especially, those who prayed for me on this day( esp Fe, Bheng, Uday), THANK YOU ALL GUYS!!!! I got a pink SLIP today!!!! :dance::dance:

========================================================================

Pre screener - I was jst asked - So your daughter will just follow? and I said, yes.... no more follow up on that....

Final Interview - asked those common questions for K1..then... The CO ( window 29, i think early 30's, Lady CO) continued...

"so, your daughter, from your past relationship? ex bf?" Instead of just confirming her assumption, not to deceive them, I just replied, She's been my dependant since she was one month old, then was asked, Legal adoption? I said, informal adoption. Then she told me, "do you know that you cannot bring a child w/o legal adoptions? " I replied, we plan to legalize everything later and that we just included her on the petition so she won't be unknown later. She just replied, "ok".

Then, after scanning my papers again, she told me the GREATEST line I've ever heard from her....

" Okay, your visa is approved! wait outside and your name will be called again." I replied, thank you and she closed it with "Goodluck!"

wohooooooooooooooooo! :dance:

Again, thanks for all the prayers! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

most especially, those who prayed for me on this day( esp Fe, Bheng, Uday), THANK YOU ALL GUYS!!!! I got a pink SLIP today!!!! :dance::dance:

Pre screener - I was jst asked - So your daughter will just follow? and I said, yes.... no more follow up on that....

Final Interview - asked those common questions for K1..then... The CO ( window 29, i think early 30's, Lady CO) continued...

"so, your daughter, from your past relationship? ex bf?" Instead of just confirming her assumption, not to deceive them, I just replied, She's been my dependant since she was one month old, then was asked, Legal adoption? I said, informal adoption. Then she told me, "do you know that you cannot bring a child w/o legal adoptions? " I replied, we plan to legalize everything later and that we just included her on the petition so she won't be unknown later. She just replied, "ok".

Then, after scanning my papers again, she told me the GREATEST line I've ever heard from her....

" Okay, your visa is approved! wait outside and your name will be called again." I replied, thank you and she closed it with "Goodluck!"

Thank God, Hunnybaby, i've been praying for your approval.God is so good.

Congrats :dance::dance::dance:

This is wonderfuil news indeed. I am very happy for you.

Because you told the CO that you planned to make the adoption legal you must follow through on that or you could have big problems!!

Good Luck on your new life.

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So happy for you girl,told you,you'll have an ear to ear smile once you got out of the CO's room :D

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's a great news, indeed! Congratulations!

As regards the legal adoption, you have three options. Please take note of the following:

One is to file it while you are yet single, meaning before you leave for the US and before you get married. What is important is that you have filed the petition at the time you are still single. Contact the court appointed Social Worker of the Family Court (Regional Trial Court) in your area and ask for the preparation of the Child Study and Social Study Reports. These are needed in any petition for adoption. What is good in this kind kind of petition for adoption is that it will be under what we call Domestic Adoption procedure. The court fees are less expensive than the Inter-Country Adoption.

The second option is for you to wait until you are married and file the adoption with your hubby as the petitioner. In this case, you will let the records stand as is, that is, that you are the mother and since the child is registered under your name, she is considered your legitimate daughter. This is still under the Domestic Adoption procedure but the fees to be paid in court will be higher because your hubby who will act as the petitioner is a foreign national in our jurisdiction.

The third option is for you to wait until your are married and for both of you and your hubby to file the petition. This will however, be under the Inter-Country Adoption, much more expensive and much much longer than the other two options.

Remain blessed!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats...so happy for you....

Timeline

here's the update... seems fast huh! Thanks to all!!! :dance:

DATE & TIME DESCRIPTION

2008-11-26 18:53:53 SHIPMENT RECEIVED AT DISTRIBUTION CENTER

2008-11-26 09:58:11 SHIPMENT RELEASED BY THE EMBASSY

2008-11-24 16:39:23 SHIPMENT IN PROCESS AT THE EMBASSY

any news on this one? goodluck balitaan mo kami soon..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.