dawgofwar71

wanting more info on the CR-1

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello, fellow VJer's. raquel and i have gone through many changes and challenges! alot of the changes were uncontrolable.and were going on our 2nd anniversary. and we have decided to move forward with our relationship. and plan on marrying in April 18,2009. so while looking through the K-3 forums. i came across CR-1. started wondering and looking into it. now,from my understanding . its like the K-3. but the CR-1,takes care of everything . greencard and ssc,before she would get here.

my question is this?

time wise, which one is quickier?

how many have decided to opt for the CR-1 over the K-3?

January 17,2007 was personally introduced to Raquel.

January 20,2007 Raquel an I started chatting online an on the phone.

March 11-27,2008 visited Raquel for the first time.

March 23, 2008 proposed to Raquel, she said OO!!

October 08,2009 sent in I-129f

October 12,2009 received our NOA1

January 12, 2010 received our NOA2

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

January 18,2010 case arrived at NVC

January 22,2010 case assigned MNL # thru letter arrived

April 21,2010 raquel arrived at CVG

May 22,2010 we got married

April 21,2011 we had a baby boy named Aiden

ang aking buhay, aking pag-ibig, ang aking lahat .. mahal na mahal din kita,Raquel at walang ibang! magpakailanman at kawalang-hanggan!!

I didn't have a choice. I sent in I-130 for full intentions of sending I-129F and going for K-3. But when I sent in my I-129F they sent it back to me a few days later with no real explanation. Then from coming here I found out that they automatically applied me to CR-1. It's went pretty quick. The only thing I suggest is just make sure the paperwork is exactly right. I missed one document and now my case is on hold. But they should receive it tomorrow. So I will just be waiting to hear from them on when my husbands interview is.

Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
hello, fellow VJer's. raquel and i have gone through many changes and challenges! alot of the changes were uncontrolable.and were going on our 2nd anniversary. and we have decided to move forward with our relationship. and plan on marrying in April 18,2009. so while looking through the K-3 forums. i came across CR-1. started wondering and looking into it. now,from my understanding . its like the K-3. but the CR-1,takes care of everything . greencard and ssc,before she would get here.

my question is this?

I am definitely not an expert, technically the K3 is suppose to be faster but in some cases the IR-1/CR-1 could be approved before the K3. I'd say it also depends on where you have to file. I did both the CR-1 and the K3/K4. It doesn't hurt to try both. I believe if they are both approved at the same time you have the option of which one to choose from, once it goes to the NVC I don't know how long it'll take for either from there. I have been seeing a lot of people move a lot faster going the K-1 route though, since you're not married just yet, take some time to think about it, I'm sure a lot of VJers will also help with their opinions, good luck to you and your fiancee (I did spell it correctly didn't I?). In the meantime I also find a lot of humor from the forums here which helps my waiting time more enjoyable lol.

jurod16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my question is this?

I am definitely not an expert, technically the K3 is suppose to be faster but in some cases the IR-1/CR-1 could be approved before the K3. I'd say it also depends on where you have to file. I did both the CR-1 and the K3/K4. It doesn't hurt to try both. I believe if they are both approved at the same time you have the option of which one to choose from, once it goes to the NVC I don't know how long it'll take for either from there. I have been seeing a lot of people move a lot faster going the K-1 route though, since you're not married just yet, take some time to think about it, I'm sure a lot of VJers will also help with their opinions, good luck to you and your fiancee (I did spell it correctly didn't I?). In the meantime I also find a lot of humor from the forums here which helps my waiting time more enjoyable lol.

jurod16

one of the changes was, we were going to file for a K-1. one of my threads, i have here is. she put the wrong birthplace of her mother. while planning on having her redo the G-325a. i regretfully lost my job! one of the many challenges we face.so,now we plan to just go ahead and marry her there. thats why,were looking into the K-3.until we found out about the CR-1 visa.

January 17,2007 was personally introduced to Raquel.

January 20,2007 Raquel an I started chatting online an on the phone.

March 11-27,2008 visited Raquel for the first time.

March 23, 2008 proposed to Raquel, she said OO!!

October 08,2009 sent in I-129f

October 12,2009 received our NOA1

January 12, 2010 received our NOA2

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

January 18,2010 case arrived at NVC

January 22,2010 case assigned MNL # thru letter arrived

April 21,2010 raquel arrived at CVG

May 22,2010 we got married

April 21,2011 we had a baby boy named Aiden

ang aking buhay, aking pag-ibig, ang aking lahat .. mahal na mahal din kita,Raquel at walang ibang! magpakailanman at kawalang-hanggan!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did you look into getting a co-sponsor for your fiance? I don't know if you can do that on a K1 or not. Never really looked into it.

Definately, if you are still unemployed and do not meet the 125% poverty level income and do not have enough assets to meet the requirements get someone to co-sponser on the AOS. Just a thought going into either the K3 or CR1. You have to apply for the CR1 first reguardless and when you get a receipt number from the USCIS, then you can apply for the K3. Both of my petitions got approved on the same day from the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.