bbishop

I-130 approved, What documents should I start on??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello,

This is my first post in CR1 forum, I submited a K3 for my wife in thailand, and on 11-6-2008 the I-130 was approved by CSC, so I guess my I-129 is dead right? does anyone know what documents are required by NVC so we can have them filled and ready to mail when we receive notice? Can she go ahead and request the police report, and if ok to request can she only get from bkk, because she lives 400km from bkk??

I have not received my hard copy of the notice, only see on uscis website and can hear that its approved on phone when I enter NOA #, I still can not believe it's approved. I did see that it was touched on 11-07-2008 maybe this was date sent to NVC?? Does anyone know what the process times are for NVC, when will I get notice? packet 3? when I look at VJ timelines seems to move pretty fast when NVC receices visa ? any help will be fantasic.

Thanks

Pou & Brad

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

congrats this is a progress and it because of CSC thank god that you are there not stuck like the others at VSC

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hello,

This is my first post in CR1 forum, I submited a K3 for my wife in thailand, and on 11-6-2008 the I-130 was approved by CSC, so I guess my I-129 is dead right? does anyone know what documents are required by NVC so we can have them filled and ready to mail when we receive notice? Can she go ahead and request the police report, and if ok to request can she only get from bkk, because she lives 400km from bkk??

I have not received my hard copy of the notice, only see on uscis website and can hear that its approved on phone when I enter NOA #, I still can not believe it's approved. I did see that it was touched on 11-07-2008 maybe this was date sent to NVC?? Does anyone know what the process times are for NVC, when will I get notice? packet 3? when I look at VJ timelines seems to move pretty fast when NVC receices visa ? any help will be fantasic.

Thanks

Pou & Brad

Hi Pou and Brad,

You might get more replies if you post this in the K3 forum, this forum is for IR1/CR1 visas.

Good luck :thumbs:

K3 Forum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thanks

I was told I might find the information I was looking for in the CR1 forum. I will also put into K3 forum too.

Hope this will help

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc..._3687.html#docs

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/DS-230#Overview

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153429

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, this is great information. The next step is to get the Choice of Agent form the ds3032 ... that is if you don't have a lawyer.. if you do then this step is skipped. The next thing will be the AOS bill. When you receive that from the NVC, you will pay the fees ($70)... online is the quickest way to do it if you have a US bank account. That only takes about 2-3 days to show as PAID... then you will send in the I864 and the supporting documents. When they recieve the Choice of Agent form, if applicable, then they will send the IV bill to the agent selected. (My hubby and I chose, me the US citizen as the agent).. then you need the DS230 part 1 and 2 filled out and signed... you need to send in the original birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate of applicant, if applicable, and Police Certificate... the first link bbishop gave you gives specifics for Thailand... so that is a great place to look to make sure you have everything. This next link is the one I use most often... same site, different place Immigrant Visa Processing - The National Visa Center (NVC) Don't forget the two passport style photos!

Edited by shiri

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

i sent everything off 10-9-08.

I think I overdid the application with supporting evidence. Also included an original marriage certificate.

4 different G-325a forms filled out. My wife and me both did a set.

Included the 2 photos for each (printed name, signed name, and date on back) 2*2 passport style.

Includes cover letters and continued listing of employment, residences past 5 years....

I've moved around alot cause i was recently in the military and recently also discharged medically...so trying to spend a year adjusting.

Filled out the I-130 with a check ($355) and original marriage certificate notarized philippine government NSO.

Have several folders with HUGE LABEL on what it is. Lots of supporting documents in each.

Proof of Marriage

Proof of Flight/Trip

Proof of Identity (wife)

Proof of Identity (husband)

Proof of Citizenships (our passports)

Proof of parental awareness and acknowledgement of marriage (both our parents) Legal Afidavits

Proof of my Resident Address and Mailing Address

Proof of my military service, medical discharge, retirement pay, va disability compensaton, va fully paid education, current college enrollment, went as far as to include my copy of the UNUSED GI BILL and High School Diploma.

We're both 21-22 so we don't have the financial abilities some of you have. But I make $14000 a year alone just on my VA Disability. The rest $4500 needed comes easy to achieve in the year.

If i did everything correct the first time...and included more than enough evidence they want...shouldn't my case go fast?

Alex and Aimee

YAHOO lee_sangboem@yahoo.com

SKYPE alexdonahue

MSN lee_sangboem@hotmail.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.