LRA

Thank you for all the well wishes...

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone. Just got back into town yesterday...I feel like I haven't slept in 4 weeks....it's true I haven't. I got to the airport 6 minutes before they closed the flight and prior to that we had a very busy week including the interview. My wife and I put about 2000 miles on the car in a few weeks...yep all in Jordan. Craziness I tell ya! I would say that's like driving 5000 miles in the US over the same period of time. We went all over Jordan sightseeing and to the medical and enterview appointments it was a 1.5 hour drive one way.

I would like to thank all those who sent their well wishes to us. I just read the threads and posts but I don't think it would be a good idea to pull up the old threads and respond individually. I sincerely appreciate everyone's prayers and positive words. Thank you SO much!

I will post a detailed description of what took place in the next few days at the medical exam and the consulate. I was fortunate to be at both and I hope that my first had experiences help others going through Amman in the future (or at least until they change the procedures...which I hope they don't do as they are much more effiecient then a few years ago. Hopefully the consulate in Iraq will open soon and take some of the burden off AMM). I am still trying to get back into things and the jet lag is killing me. I returned to a flat tire on my truck that I had to get repaired yesterday (took them 4 hours of me waiting for them to pull in my car into the garage). I have a 140 mile drive ahead of me today to get home and I will be leaving for that trek shortly. Also I have work tomorrow :o .

Short story on the visa...we were approved after a very very short interview. I would say it was less than 5 minutes. Only one question, about how we met. The passport has not been returned to us yet, but I expect it soon and ISA today.

My trip overall was great. The wedding reception was a blast! And R and I rented a flat for the weeks after the wedding and spent some quality time together.

I had the privledge and absolute pleasure of meeting JJ's husband while I was there. He's an extremely likable gentleman who is very kind and just an all around great person. You both are very lucky to have one another! Alhamdulilah. Hopefully JJ, R and I will visit you and I in Chicago in the near future. Inshallah ya rub.

Also, to 0, from K & O, were you on Delta flight DL023 from Amman yesterday/Friday night? I thought that was you holding the brown evelope in the immigration line at JFK....but wasn't certain...white and black/blue zippered sweathsirt? Appologies for not coming up to you and introducing myself...but i was already in the US citizen line. I just wasn't too sure it was you and felt a little awkward just coming up to you and saying I know you! LOL. I am actually VERY shy in person. I hope you made it through without any problems...the officers seemed ok for it being 6am. I just read now you were hoping to travel on Nov. 8 so now I'm like 90% sure it was you...so sorry again. Anyways, welcome to the United States and I wish you and K all the very best and a great life together.

Congrats to all those who have gotten approvals and visa's over the past several weeks.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
WELCOME BACK!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome back and congrats on a successful trip!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Congratulations :thumbs:

Met husband July 2005

Married August 2006

Interview for CR-1 Scheduled for December 2007

Administrative Process

Husband was instructed to send passport, new medical, police certificate 02-08-09

VISA IN HAND Feb. 19, 2009 * AP lasted 1 year and 51 days*

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Madrid, Spain my husband is Jordanian

Marriage : Jan. 28-2008 we know each other since 2003

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-21

I-130 touched 10-06-08 and again 10-07-08

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

I-129 NOA1: 09-16-2008

touched!! 9-27-2008

I-130 Approved : 3-2-2009 I'm so happyyyyyyyy!!!!

I-129 Approved: 3-2-2009

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

3-11-2009: Pay I-864 Bill

3-12-2009:Receive I-864 Package :

3-12-2009 : Return Completed I-864 :

3-10-2009: Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

3-18-2009: Pay IV Bill :

3-19-2009: Receive Instruction Package

4-8-2009:Case Completed at NVC

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 4-13-2009 at 11:57 am

Medical Exam: 5-11-2009

Interview Date :5-20-2009 at 9:am the time in Florida will be 3:00 am

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome back.

Can I just say I am a little confused? Your wife or fiance got the visa? Maybe I am reading this wrong, but what it sounds like is that she was your fiance, and she got the K-1, but then you got married while there. Is that correct?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I'm so glad to know that you are back and are safe Lu!!! What a fantastic trip and what great news to hear the interview was short and approved so quickly! My hubby said that JJ's man is a very good man too so its good to hear that you got the same impression. (gotta take care of our girl huh? :blush: ) You should come to Columbia, MO the week of Thanksgiving and meet up with us, hopefully JJ, aymerlu, and anyone else who wants to come up!!! I'd love to meet ya!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats to the both of you!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.