Financial Requirment

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me. I don't make enough money to met the "requirement" and I can't find a co-sponsor. Does anyone know if my finance has 20,000 in his bank account if that would met the requirement for the K-1 visa process?

Thank You

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me. I don't make enough money to met the "requirement" and I can't find a co-sponsor. Does anyone know if my finance has 20,000 in his bank account if that would met the requirement for the K-1 visa process?

Thank You

Your fiance's bank acct is not cared about. Its your financial standing. If you do not meet the requirements and you cannot for the life of you find a co-sponsor, then you will not be elegible for approval

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Do you have any assets?

If the sponsor is a U.S. citizen and the intending immigrant is the sponsor's spouse or child over 18, the value of these assets must be at least three times the shortfall between the sponsor's income and required amount. If the intending immigrant is an orphan to be formally adopted in the U.S., the value of the assets must equal only the shortfall between the sponsor's income and required amount. In all other situations, the assets must still be at least five times the shortfall.

ROC - approved 08/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I pose this question with all due respect to the OP and any other person out there in a similar situation. How could someone who earns less than 125% of the poverty line ($17,500 for a couple) earnestly be interested in bringing someone from another country, when the application fees alone cost $1,600? Though it certainly sounds romantic to say, "Love conquers all." the hard fact is that it's an expensive process that is not available to all people. The 125% minimum is not unreasonable at all, and I would be hesitant about a petitioner who only makes that, none alone below that.

Certainly it is understandable to hear one say, "Well, I've fallen on hard times recently." etc. Well then it might be a good time to reprioritize one's goals. Bringing a spouse to America may have to wait until other objectives have been met i.e. a steady income. I have a very modest lifestyle e.g. do not own a TV, do not go out to eat (with the exception of a cell phone and internet) and I easily spend $14,000 in annual expenses. With my future wife here, I can see that surpassing the $17,500 mark. Fortunately my simple life has afforded me significant savings, so we're set.

My advice to the OP is to rethink your plan. Of course we all want to be with our loved ones now: I have spent the past 2 and a half years away from mine. But first things first. You need to find work (whether it's a matter of taking on second job or finding a new job, etc.) that shall satisfy this requirement. Until then not only are you technically unable to bring you spouse, but also you would be setting yourselves up for a particularly challenging situation once he arrived. He is unable to work legally for several months while his AOS and EAD are being processed, therefore making you the sole income provider. See what I mean? It might be best to have a long serious talk with him about this, defining clear expectations and objectives to be achieved over a specified time period.

All the very best to the two of you.

I pose this question with all due respect to the OP and any other person out there in a similar situation. How could someone who earns less than 125% of the poverty line ($17,500 for a couple) earnestly be interested in bringing someone from another country

Easy.

They may have earned tons of money prior to last few years and have decided to take a few years off work.

Lived off investments, Lived off prior income earned, so many reasons.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline
I pose this question with all due respect to the OP and any other person out there in a similar situation. How could someone who earns less than 125% of the poverty line ($17,500 for a couple) earnestly be interested in bringing someone from another country...

My advice to the OP is to rethink your plan. Of course we all want to be with our loved ones now: I have spent the past 2 and a half years away from mine. But first things first. You need to find work (whether it's a matter of taking on second job or finding a new job, etc.) that shall satisfy this requirement. Until then not only are you technically unable to bring you spouse, but also you would be setting yourselves up for a particularly challenging situation once he arrived. He is unable to work legally for several months while his AOS and EAD are being processed, therefore making you the sole income provider. See what I mean? It might be best to have a long serious talk with him about this, defining clear expectations and objectives to be achieved over a specified time period.

I pose this question with no respect, since none is due, to ThaitoUSA. Why would you want to get married at all, if you think some arbitrary amount of money is the most important thing in a relationship and should come before marriage?

my thoughts to you is to rethink your priorities. Of course we all want money and good-paying jobs. I have spent the past years working at mine. But first things first. You need to find an attitude that enlightens you that if a relationship is to last and be faithful, it has to do so based firstly on love, and no amount of money is going to satisfy a lack of that. Until then not only are you technically unable to bring your fiancee the respect she deserves, but you would also be setting yourselves up for a particularly challenging situation once she arrived. You are unable to realize that by delaying a marriage in order to "make enough money" by some bureaucrat's standards, you're putting undue stress on the relatoinship for several months while your work is apparently more important than your love, thus making her the sole priority provider. See what I mean? It might be best to have a long serious talk about this, defining clear expectations and objectives to be achieved while you're putting work ahead of love. But all the very best to the two of you. Or two plus however many people are at your job.

Why does everyone assume that the beneficiary is some sort of alien who has absolutely nothing and will never be capable of getting a job or taking care of themselves? Why did YOU assume this couple would be a one-income family, or that neither of them had other assets of value, or skills? How rudely presumptuous. It often takes only a few to six months to get work authorization. In that time, it's perfectly legal to be LOOKING and SCOUTING for employment. And most people in LEGITIMATE relationships, I'd think, would have spouses who speak good English and are responsible people fully capable of landing a job, or even quite a good one. My fiancee, for example, is fully willing to get any job to start with, but should have no trouble landing a good income with her journalism degree. You assume people can't "make it work" on a sub-17500 income for a few months? That people should postpone their marriages and, in effect, being together, until that stupid number is met? That's as ridiculous as the K-1 process not being able to use the spouse's assets or income against the equally ridiculous and arbitrary number.

To the original poster, no, you can't use it. That sucks. But if you really love each other, find a way, get married, and try to find a better job and better income during the process. There's no reason to wait. If you're marrying LEGITIMATELY and SMARTLY, you're not basically importing someone because they were desparate, or because you're some 50 year old who really believed some 21 year old wretchedly poor girl from a third-world country who can barely spell her name in English is going to be an awesome deal. Your spouse will probably be able to find at least SOME job if it's needed. So don't panic. But if you're poor and are basically using the visa system as a way to legally buy yourself a partner who's only bound to you by a piece of paper and desperation, yes, worry. And stop screwing the legitimate people over.

Edited by minibadger

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I pose this question with all due respect to the OP and any other person out there in a similar situation. How could someone who earns less than 125% of the poverty line ($17,500 for a couple) earnestly be interested in bringing someone from another country, when the application fees alone cost $1,600? Though it certainly sounds romantic to say, "Love conquers all." the hard fact is that it's an expensive process that is not available to all people. The 125% minimum is not unreasonable at all, and I would be hesitant about a petitioner who only makes that, none alone below that.

Any single unemployed person could genuinely and honestly fall in love and want to live with the other person, not just someone who makes less than $17.500 a year). The said person could, also, be from a foreign country. I make way less than that amount, and hey, know what? I am in love and want to get married. If it were an option, my fiance would come from the states and live with me here, and, again, know what? We'd get by. Eventually he'd become able to legally work and we'd be making more money, ohemgee wow!

The process itself does cost some money, but... oh well? I am sure any and all people who actually are in honest, genuine relationships do not care much about it, or look at it that way. It's just an idiot necessity that comes as a part of a disgusting process. It's available to all people, too. It'll just be really easy for some, and the others will have to work harder to save up $1600. Unfortunately, there are too many of those who'll just pull it out of their wallets and go buy a spouse from some other country, because those can easily be bought. In that case, I can just repeat what I already said the other day (and many times before that) - I feel disgusted and am angry because I, and others who are being honest with themselves and the system, have to pay and go through this degrading process. And also have to pay for the s**t those others serve for us.

The amount, $17.500, or whatever else it is, or anytime will be, is unreasonable because it stands there as a requirement everyone needs to meet. Why does it have to be assumed that the imported cow (this is not meant to be an insult, so I apologize to anyone who might receive it that way - it's just how I feel as a beneficiary) can't work? If it weren't for the legal part that needs to be sorted out, I'd be able to work the moment I arrive in the States. I speak English, I have skills, and above all - I actually, ohgodthesurprise, want to work!!! I am, ohgodthesurprise, again, not being imported by my ohmygood American saviour, I am just getting married to a man that, unfortunately, happens to live in a country I can't get in or out of without being put through ten million hells. And that unfortunately is thousands of miles from where I am now. That really is all that's there to it. I am not moving to the States to have some god provide for me and feed me until I die.

Certainly it is understandable to hear one say, "Well, I've fallen on hard times recently." etc. Well then it might be a good time to reprioritize one's goals. Bringing a spouse to America may have to wait until other objectives have been met i.e. a steady income. I have a very modest lifestyle e.g. do not own a TV, do not go out to eat (with the exception of a cell phone and internet) and I easily spend $14,000 in annual expenses. With my future wife here, I can see that surpassing the $17,500 mark. Fortunately my simple life has afforded me significant savings, so we're set.

Again, this second part just proves that every single "imported cow" is some sort of a leech and that people who, by accident or chance, find someone to fall in love with somewhere outside the US. Those several months while we're not able to work are not a lifetime. I have never lived in the US, but I think I know enough to say that it doesn't take several thousands of dollars a month to keep a person around. It takes just a bit of food and a bed to sleep in and I'm sure someone who makes under $17.5k a year would be able to provide that. Again, if the ohemgee imported person actually wants to work and does not exist only to be given things by the ohemgee American saviour.

The latter, however, is not my problem, or yours. It's up to the couple itself to decide or choose as a way of life. Again, I have to say, I wish I didn't have to pay for those people's mistakes or idiocy. Because of those people who go shopping for a spouse online, or by looking at coke bottles in poorer countries (or whatever it was, that I read in some other disgusting post), and end up with fraudulent leeches and whatnot, the normal, honest people get to suffer, while being treated like nothing but cattle. Or a pair of jeans you're trying to sneak through the customs.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

What if the person is a student? (I haven't made 17500 the last three years because I've been attending University.) Should they put off marrying because they don't have the money? I didn't. I thought it was a given that when you marry young (and for love) that you eat pasta for dinner and don't have cable. If the OP can find assets to cover the shortfall, congrats to them!

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

ThaitoUSA

the OP was asking for help, not rude and ugly remarks.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.