wzuru

police clearance

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi I just have a question about a canadian police clearance that my fiance just received.

She lives in Japan and flew to Canada to a company called Commissionaires to get her fingerprints eletronically done for the RCMP, so it would save alot of time. She just recieved it in the mail but, it was in a small envelope from commissionaires, not the RCMP, and one which looked like a small letter so she opened it. Is this ok? I know she is not allowed to open her Japanese one.

Also I think that before the Commissionaires place sent it to her, that they might have opened it from the original seal (I'm not sure though, because I don't what the rcmp originally sends) and then sent it to her.

If it is not ok to use the opened certificate, Do you think that the Commissionaires company would still have her prints on file, and request for the RCMP to send a new one? This time unopened.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

-Wes and Chizru

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We took my Husband's out of the envelope and sent it to NVC, never was there any question of whether or not we could open it and I would say the majority of people here have opened theirs.

Hi I just have a question about a canadian police clearance that my fiance just received.

She lives in Japan and flew to Canada to a company called Commissionaires to get her fingerprints eletronically done for the RCMP, so it would save alot of time. She just recieved it in the mail but, it was in a small envelope from commissionaires, not the RCMP, and one which looked like a small letter so she opened it. Is this ok? I know she is not allowed to open her Japanese one.

Also I think that before the Commissionaires place sent it to her, that they might have opened it from the original seal (I'm not sure though, because I don't what the rcmp originally sends) and then sent it to her.

If it is not ok to use the opened certificate, Do you think that the Commissionaires company would still have her prints on file, and request for the RCMP to send a new one? This time unopened.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

-Wes and Chizru

I agree with trailmix, there is no issue with opening your police clearance letter. Most people didn't even get it in an envelope.

carlahmsb4.gif

Really? because it says on the US embassy website of Japan that, for the visa interview, the Seal cannot be broken. But they said that about the Japanese one, it didn't say that about the Canadian one

No...never saw that at all. We have a fun time comparing police letters or certificates here in the Canada forum because depending on who you get them from, they all look different. What's important, is the #1, they're in English, and #2, that it says Canada Wide, or CPIC. Some people have gotten theirs right at the station, some are mailed to your home. Mine was just a letter. A seal?? I've never heard of that at all.

What Embassy or Consulate is asking for this? Sorry...I've never heard of anyone's police letter in this Canada forum ever saying it was sent in an envelope with a seal.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Really? because it says on the US embassy website of Japan that, for the visa interview, the Seal cannot be broken. But they said that about the Japanese one, it didn't say that about the Canadian one

No...never saw that at all. We have a fun time comparing police letters or certificates here in the Canada forum because depending on who you get them from, they all look different. What's important, is the #1, they're in English, and #2, that it says Canada Wide, or CPIC. Some people have gotten theirs right at the station, some are mailed to your home. Mine was just a letter. A seal?? I've never heard of that at all.

What Embassy or Consulate is asking for this? Sorry...I've never heard of anyone's police letter in this Canada forum ever saying it was sent in an envelope with a seal.

no i meant that the japanese embassy requires the Japanese PC sealed. I am just not sure about a Canadian one. It would be great if I don't need any seal or anything.

You just brought a letter of the certificate to the interview and it was ok?

no i meant that the japanese embassy requires the Japanese PC sealed. I am just not sure about a Canadian one. It would be great if I don't need any seal or anything.

You just brought a letter of the certificate to the interview and it was ok?

Yes, no worries about the Canadian one. You might, if you want, email the Embassy in Japan and TELL them that the Canadian one doesn't come sealed, and if this is going to be an issue.

Everyone from Canada bringing one to the Canada Consulate brought theirs just as a piece of paper. Again, some are certificates, some are letters...no seal on the envelope.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

can I send you a copy of the clearance? maybe you will know if it is or not. And She is in Japan though now canada (use to live in Canada). Is that the same?

Im sorry for bothering you, but thanks for your knowledge.

can I send you a copy of the clearance? maybe you will know if it is or not. And She is in Japan though now canada (use to live in Canada). Is that the same?

Im sorry for bothering you, but thanks for your knowledge.

Like I said earlier, everyone has gotten something different from the RCMP, Commissionaire's, City Police...it depends on who you've gotten it from. I just got a letter from my local police and all it said was my name and that they performed a Canada Wide check on my name and I had no criminal record. Period. I didn't have to have fingerprints. For Canadian citizens, unless you have a criminal record, you don't get fingerprinting done. Frankly, I wouldn't know what kind of clearance report you got for your fiance, or whether it's what they're looking for at all. If you did get it at the Commissionaire's office though, it will be legit I'm thinking.

What you should do, is scan it, take out the identifying informaiton, and post it in a thread here on the Canada forum. There is a VJ memeber, Bermy Cat that recently had to do the same thing. She's in Bermuda, and had to send in for the fingerprinting. She recently got the report back. You could PM her and ask her if you could send your clearance and ask what she thinks. Again. she just had it done, but had it done via the mail as she couldn't get to Canada to have it done.

Canada doesn't provide seals on their police certificates/reports/letters, so again, you can't provide one to the Japanese Embassy if you weren't given one. Don't worry about that. I mean, what if they said there has to be a seal on it and Canada doesn't do that? It's not like you can get one of those home sealing things and just do it yourself.

I understand your concern, but I really wouldn't worry about it. Contact BermyCat via PM, or post a scanned copy of the police report, minus identifying information on the Canada thread.

Hope this helps!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Ok I'll ask her. I mailed her a few times before, because she actually told me about Commissionaires. And my fiance had to get a fingerprint clearance through the RCMP (that's what her embassy instructed her to do)

Thanks

Filed: Other Timeline

From the Commissionaire's website: http://www.commissionaires.ca/index.html

As the leader in security and security related services, Commissionaires’ commitment to quality is industry renowned. We have been engaged in the RCMP’s Real Time Identification project from the onset, we are one of the first two agencies to be certified and accredited by the RCMP for digital fingerprinting and the only providers of identification services with ISO 9001:2000 quality standard registration. We are the experts and we can help you obtain results quickly and efficiently.

They're just as good as going directly to RCMP

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

"The CCRTIS report following such a request under the Privacy Act is based on a fingerprint search. The report will contain a copy of the National Repository data holding as it exists, but without fingerprint images. It will contain only that information permitted to be disclosed under federal law. It will not have the official RCMP embossment seal and will be in a plain format only and is not designed for official purposes."

It says that the RCMP has a seal in this sentence from the RCMP website. She got a letter without one though. I will call the US embassy in Japan to ask if it is ok, because the Japanese one requirs to be sealed.

I'm sure commissionaires is legit though

thank you very much for any information.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Hi wzuru,

I've sent you a description of my letter. Hopefully that will put your mind at rest.

The US consulate here didn't require the RCMP certificate to be sealed. They did want the Bermuda police to send my Bermuda police check directly to them however.

~ Catherine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.