KelvinRN

Changing service centers

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I filed I-130F and it was sent to VSC. I now see that they are so slow compared to CSC. Is there a way I can cancel that petition and use the CSC to process my visa. I have my permanent residence in Tennessee but I haven't been there in almost a year. I have been living in Arizona since March of this year. I used my Tennessee address because I plan on going back there once my wife is approved and she arrives here in the U.S. If there is any advice anyone can give me I'd appreciate it.

The reason I want to speed this up is my wife is pregnant and I really don't want her to give birth to our baby in the Philippines. It will slow down the visa process even more. Please offer advice. We need it.

Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
My wife and I filed I-130F and it was sent to VSC. I now see that they are so slow compared to CSC. Is there a way I can cancel that petition and use the CSC to process my visa. I have my permanent residence in Tennessee but I haven't been there in almost a year. I have been living in Arizona since March of this year. I used my Tennessee address because I plan on going back there once my wife is approved and she arrives here in the U.S. If there is any advice anyone can give me I'd appreciate it.

The reason I want to speed this up is my wife is pregnant and I really don't want her to give birth to our baby in the Philippines. It will slow down the visa process even more. Please offer advice. We need it.

Thanks!!!

Hi

I saw you have similar timelines and added you as a Friend

I am not aware of any way to change SC once started

Afraid no way to initiate process

Congratulations for the pregnancy of your wife

don't want to be pessimistic but better prepare...

if your child born abroad you have some transactions to do so that he can get US citizenship

and I think you have only limited time once child born (few months)

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I haven't heard of anyone changing service center. but have faith, maybe they r just slower now because of the huge amount of files submitted in summer of 2007, bcause of the fee increase, and the naturalization cases which took priority in last spring, and everything else was left on waiting. i hope things will go back on the normal path step by step, and wont take so long anymore. i really wish u that. if sint true, u know what they say. hope dies last. good luck for u and yr family

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Thanks!!!

If I were you. I wouldn't "stir the stew" ! VSC was a lot a faster when we did our petition. Who knows things could change anytime. Take the time and get ready for CRBA just in case. Most airlines won't let pregnant ladys fly after 7 months buntis anyway. Not recommended to fly with tots under 3 months either. Something to do with their immune systems.

I'd also look into doing a CR-1 also. Looks like time won't be a big factor in your case.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks!!!

Our used to be service center is TCS but after months of sitting on their desk or whereve,they moved it to CSC which is a busy CS-that's when all our more waiting started.There is no way you can cancel the VSC petition unless you want to wait for yrs.Hope it's different now-guess it's really a good idea for your wife to give birth here in America.Hang in there and be positive.Goodluck

Edited by wemissedbigdaddy

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.