Cdnwmn

U.S. passport news

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My son and I applied for a U.S. passport book as well as the passport card on October 27th. Happy to report that both arrived in the mail today. The paperwork I sent for my son came back as well but I didn't receive my Citizen Certificate. Hopefully that shows up tomorrow or Saturday.

Next stop is Social Security office to change our status with them.

Then it will all be done!!! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
My son and I applied for a U.S. passport book as well as the passport card on October 27th. Happy to report that both arrived in the mail today. The paperwork I sent for my son came back as well but I didn't receive my Citizen Certificate. Hopefully that shows up tomorrow or Saturday.

You can use your proof of UCS at the SS office with your US passport, just bring it in and they will photocopy it, ha, make sure you get it back. When your certificate comes in, can lock that up in a safe place, and may never have to use it again.

Finally, right?

Timeline

You can use your proof of UCS at the SS office with your US passport, just bring it in and they will photocopy it, ha, make sure you get it back. When your certificate comes in, can lock that up in a safe place, and may never have to use it again.

Finally, right?

Thanks. I'll head over on Monday and get it done.

Yup...finally.

In my case, I stopped by SSA office first since they don't keep the certificate of naturalization.

SSA office needs to see/verify it, then you can keep the certificate of naturalization.

I did apply Passport after I made plenty of copies for other purpose. :devil:

I guess Department of State Passport application center is only place to request the original sent to them via mail.

It must be my habit, but without proof of my identity as US Citizen, I wasn't comfortable, so I requested Passport Book AND Passport CARD.

The lady from US Post office told me why I needed both.

I kind of feel better something in my wallet. :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on getting the passports so quickly... now you're ready for your trip to Canada!!!

My Naturalization Certificate came back in the same envelope as my passport. Hope yours shows up soon!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
Congrats on getting the passports so quickly... now you're ready for your trip to Canada!!!

My Naturalization Certificate came back in the same envelope as my passport. Hope yours shows up soon!!!

They put your Certificate in the same envelope as the passport?

Phew I got my Certificate yesterday so I'm relieved.

We received 6 envelopes in total:

1 for his passport card

1 for his passort book

1 for his paperwork

1 for my passport card

1 for my passport book

1 for my paperwork

The woman at the passport office suggested getting the card also saying it's good for backup. My son carries his card in his wallet, I carry mine in my wallet and the books stay at home until we fly. LOL my son thinks the cards look 'cool.' He's 17.

Heading to the SS office on Monday when my son gets out of school.

LOL my son thinks the cards look 'cool.' He's 17.

I think they look cool too. :lol:

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.