Niel&Femi

What to pack?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I'd advise you to pack light. Makes it easier to keep track & transport stuff. Make sure you check your luggage # and weight limits. You can buy anything you need there, but anything that you are very particular about (brand of condoms, lotion, or tampons) you should bring it. I've never been to Nigeria, but other countries I've been to I couldn't find tampons if my life depended on it, but there were many pads to choose from including Always.

Ask your SO how you will wash clothes (cleaning service, machine, etc). If they will be done by hand and line dried be sure to include at least one outfit that will dry quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I'd advise you to pack light. Makes it easier to keep track & transport stuff. Make sure you check your luggage # and weight limits. You can buy anything you need there, but anything that you are very particular about (brand of condoms, lotion, or tampons) you should bring it. I've never been to Nigeria, but other countries I've been to I couldn't find tampons if my life depended on it, but there were many pads to choose from including Always.

Ask your SO how you will wash clothes (cleaning service, machine, etc). If they will be done by hand and line dried be sure to include at least one outfit that will dry quickly.

first of all i wish you could pack me so i can see my sweety again lol

no for real you should pack lightly because the weight limit is like 20 kg i think as to apposed our 50lbs in the states

ask your so if you guys will be taking another plain to another village or are u staying in lagos?

well be sure to pack warm clothing, pack you some bug spray, if you have allergies pack some medicine for allergies because the air pollution, as for being able to get anything there they donot have walmarts so just keep in mind you will most likely be buying from cornere stores

if you area big snacker of pringles word to the wise take them with you they sell them there for 4usd and 6usd at the airport.

but as far as clothes bring a clothes bag to keep your dirty clothes oh yeah you might want to take some clothes pins to leave withthe family they might appreciate them depending if they do their own laundry or not.

i went for 23 day and i packed an outfit a day and that was too much

depwnding how lonmg u staying i should have only packed liker 10 outfits and washed and wore again lol

bring some comfortable shoes because if you dont have your own transportation you will have to walk or be waiting for public transportation

oh be sure to take an adapter for charging your electronics. also word to the wise dont use your phone there get a chip from there and have your family call or text you own because i got hit with a 450 usd bill for just tect messages and calls that were ring although i didnt answer .

you can email me at zbaby70@hotmail.com

if you have specific questions i might can handle

when i went we stayed in lagos for a weeka nd then flew to sapele

oh have fun

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I always pack lots of skirts when going to Africa. I have never been to Nigeria, but in the rural areas I have been to in east africa skirts are always more acceptable, and almost always worn by local women (lagos, being a big city will be different). Also skirts are easier to hand wash, they dry quicker and they are much cooler then jeans.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi There,

It's amazing how fast time has flown by. It's almost time for you to leave already!

Were you able to get any more time off to extend your trip?

I wish you all the best.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is my general packing list when I am going to Ghana:

1. Jeans: I wear them when I travel, just more comfortable for me

2. Light pants

3. A skirt or 2 (I generally don't like to wear skirts, but sometimes I gotta suck it up)

4. Light shirts (long sleeve, short sleeve, etc)

5. PJs

6. Light jacket/sweater (sometimes it can get a little chilly at night especially when it rains)

7. A pair of sneakers, a pair of flip flops and at least 1 pair of nice sandals

8. Hair accessories/products

9. A flashlight (you never know when the power is going to go pffft)

10. Bug spray (at least 25% DEET)

And anything else you use on a daily basis: personal hygiene stuff, make-up, jewelry, etc.

If I think of anything else I'll be back :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

oh I like to bring wet wipes and pocket size tissue. you will be able to buy both there, but they are much more expensive. The tissue is good to keep in your pocket at all times because a lot of public restrooms don't have TP...And when adjusting to food in a new country you don't want to be caught without it. The wet wipes come in handy when in areas w/o running water, again this depends on if you are in a big city or rural area.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi There,

It's amazing how fast time has flown by. It's almost time for you to leave already!

Were you able to get any more time off to extend your trip?

I wish you all the best.

No i wasnt able to extend the trip. I was laid off from my other job in July. But God blessed be to find something quickly. I am so blessed to be allow to continue my plans.

Thanks for asking!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So good to hear that things worked out after your lay off, and I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated as the day approaches, and of course, please take pictures (for us) :)

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
So good to hear that things worked out after your lay off, and I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated as the day approaches, and of course, please take pictures (for us) :)

Yeah, forget about pics for the interview :rofl:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi All, I am leaving for Lagos Nigeria on Nov 22nd.

I have no idea what to pack. Please help!!!!!

hey wear whats comfortable to you, its faster there to ride on a bike and cheaper you get places faster,, Take something for upset stomach.. you will need it if you eat or test there food i lived off fries (Chips), rice and some times chicken other things kept my stomach upset.. its warm there.. the people are very nice.. becareful at nigeria airport coming out they will try to get you to give them money.. I gave 20.00 to get change never retuned..LOL hotels are expencive there.. I loved it there ,, its very crowded there very... Enjoy your trip.. you going straight or paris then nigeria?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Have a wonderful time, and enjoy it to the fullest. Make sure you are visiting as much of Nigeria as possible. :-) Take pictures, enjoy yourself, and your SO, it should be a great time. Be humble and try to understand the culture is different than what you are used to.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.