웃

Affidavit of Support (I-134)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Well... I have the 2006 return from my cosponsor but I do not have the 2007. When we first did our interview, it was April 2008 and the '07 returns were not ready. We ran into a problem and have to return in December for another interview...

My SO has my I-134 and tax returns for previous 3 years and a cosponsor affidavit and 2006 tax return, well over the roughly $17,500/year requirement. Do you think the consular officer will ask my SO to return when she has my cosponsors 2007 return or should we be all set? Cosponsor shows income over 75K per year and I do not want to hassle this person for the '07 returns... :unsure:

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes they can and will ask for a more up to date IRS return, and may even demand a new I-134.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yes they can and will ask for a more up to date IRS return, and may even demand a new I-134.

I'd redo all the financial information so it's current. That means new I-134 from each sponsor along with current supporting documentation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yup, you need the most up to date documentation, including recent I-134s and tax return copies.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Okay--I have the 2007 returns from my cosponsor. He will get them notarized on Monday. So here is the evidence of financial support:

From me: 2005, 2006, 2007 returns, with a notarized I-134 from March 2008. (Income doesn't meet poverty limits)

From my cosponsor: 2006 and 2007 returns with a notarized I-134 from March 2008 (Showing income of over +75K each year)

Edited by Confucian

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

This is great information, thank you to everyone. I have a similar question. I do make more than 125% of the poverty line now, but my 2007 tax returns show almost no income, since I was out of the country the whole year. Is this reason enough to have a co-sponsor? Thank you!! :huh:

Timeline

Okay ladies and gentlemen I am feeling like I am good in the area of financial support. Here is what I have:

From me: 2005, 2006, 2007 returns, with a notarized I-134 dated November 10, 2008. (Income doesn't meet poverty limits)

From my cosponsor: 2006 and 2007 returns with a notarized I-134 dated November 10, 2008 (Showing income of +75K each year)

For my cosponsors I-134, we answered certain questions N/A.....

Annual income = Greater than 100K

Money in bank = N/A

Personal Property = N/A

Stocks/Bonds = N/A

Life Insurance = 250K with cash surrender value of 30K

Real Estate = His house worth more than 500K

Will it matter that I left some responses as N/A? From my understanding as long as you are over 125% then you are good, right? Because I can go back and plug in some numbers in place of the N/A if it is absolutely necessary. What do you guys recommend? My thinking is that since the cosponsor gave me copies of his 2006 and 2007 returns showing well above the 125% number, we are good to go and will not run into any problems, what do you VisaJourney Experts think?

Edited by Confucian

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Helping a friend with K1

I have a question also related to I-134

On the mortage question

What doe they mean by

Encumbrance thereon Amount to:

Is that a simple way of asking what's your monthly mortgage payment?

At the end on Line 11 Do you checkmark

I INTEND

or I DO NOT INTEND

Gone but not Forgotten!

Timeline
Helping a friend with K1

I have a question also related to I-134

On the mortage question

What doe they mean by

YES!!!

At the end on Line 11 Do you checkmark

I INTEND

or I DO NOT INTEND

I checked "I Intend" and typed "All living expenses" but you may want to see the "Example Forms" tab on this website, they do it a little differently.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline
Does anyone know if the Sponsor took time off and didn't need to file any tax return for last year (no income), will it be okay since a co-sponsor has prior years tax return and more than adequate income.

Thank you

If your cosponsor has more than the adequate income required then you are good to go!

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

On the mortage question

What doe they mean by

They want to know how much is owed on the mortgage total--not monthly payment. The asset value is the equity (Value - outstanding balance).

If you use the property to secure other loans as well, you have to include the other balances as encumbrances too.

Edited by john_and_marlene

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know if the Sponsor took time off and didn't need to file any tax return for last year (no income), will it be okay since a co-sponsor has prior years tax return and more than adequate income.

Thank you

If your cosponsor has more than the adequate income required then you are good to go!

Thanks, the co-sponsor makes way more than enough.

I just was worried since no tax returns were filed (took time off) if that would be a problem, but that is why you use a co sponsor for when the sponsor doesn't have enough income.

Edited by johnm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.