saran

Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i was just wondering that Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill is collected first then the documents(civil documents and affidavit of support etc) are requested.

but in our case all the papers ds-230,affidavit of support had been submitted and the petitioner has recived the Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill now.

has anything gone wrong???

is there any person who has been through similar conditions.please guide

and will that create additional delays.

we have not done anything wrong nvc threatens delays on every paper to delay if the order in which the papers are requested and the time when it asks is not obeyed.

please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm assuming you're filing for a CR1 or IR1 visa based on your post. I couldn't really understand your train of thought but here's how the NVC works:

You get the DS-3032 and AOS bill ($70) first. They start two separate paths.

- The first path begins when the NVC processes the DS-3032 they received from the Choice of Agent. This will generate the IV Bill ($400) which will generate the DS-230 coversheet once payment is processed.

- The second path begins when they process the AOS bill payment which will then generate the coversheet for the I-864.

Once the NVC processes every sigle document, they will complete your case and then make an appointment to the embassy. Keep in mind that one path has nothing to do with the other, so processing the AOS bill for example, will not generate the DS-230 coversheet. Or processing the DS-3032 will not generate the coversheet for the I-864. They're two separate paths and you need to figure out where in those two paths you're currently at.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
I'm assuming you're filing for a CR1 or IR1 visa based on your post. I couldn't really understand your train of thought but here's how the NVC works:

- The first path begins when the NVC processes the DS-3032 they received from the Choice of Agent. This will generate the IV Bill ($400) which will generate the DS-230 coversheet once payment is processed.

- The second path begins when they process the AOS bill payment which will then generate the coversheet for the I-864.

Once the NVC processes every sigle document, they will complete your case and then make an appointment to the embassy. Keep in mind that one path has nothing to do with the other, so processing the AOS bill for example, will not generate the DS-230 coversheet. Or processing the DS-3032 will not generate the coversheet for the I-864. They're two separate paths and you need to figure out where in those two paths you're currently at.

Diana

our case is f4

Diana

our case is f4

brothers and sisters of US citizens

and my mom is the principal beneficiary

and our priority date is may 1997

Timeline

It's my understanding that if you're not filing for either a K1 or K3 visa, all other visa categories are processed by the NVC in the same way, paying the same fees.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
It's my understanding that if you're not filing for either a K1 or K3 visa, all other visa categories are processed by the NVC in the same way, paying the same fees.

Diana

but 70 dollar bill was supposed to b paid before submitting the I-864 affidavit of support.but thet petitioner recieved it after submitting the affidavit of support.they have alos submitted ds-230

is there any overhead left before the case gets completed???

because nvc keeps sending papers.

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Diana

but 70 dollar bill was supposed to b paid before submitting the I-864 affidavit of support.but thet petitioner recieved it after submitting the affidavit of support.they have alos submitted ds-230

I think you should call NVC and talk with customer service represantatives once. Its always better to be sure with everything you do is correct.

Timeline

Diana

That doesn't make sense. No one should receive the I-864 before paying the AOS bill. The system cannot generate the coversheet without the payment. Maybe you're getting the Bills and coversheets confused.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

• 7 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Diana

Why do we need the pay the AOS bill i thought the I-130 fee took care of all of that.

And we still have to pay the 325+ Visa fee plus for the green card SMH

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Why do we need the pay the AOS bill i thought the I-130 fee took care of all of that.

And we still have to pay the 325+ Visa fee plus for the green card SMH

hi

except for the ds261, each form is paid separately, the $420 is only for the i130

and don't forget the payment for medical and vaccination

this is an old thread, you should start your own

Edited by aleful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.