Dave and Jess

Packet 3

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys...

I need some a little help. I am planning on going away for a bit ;) and am mindful of the fact that packet 3 may well turn up at my parents while I a away.. I have all the bits and bobs that are on the checklist however I dont know what I need to send back in packet 3.

Can Somebody please advise me what forms I need to send back and where I can download them. Do they need to be typed or is printed and written okay?

I also guess that there will be a case number allocated by the Embassy which will need to entered. I just want to get ahead of it.. basically if I want to leave an envelope as complete as possible so that when P3 arrives my folks can write the case number on it and send it back on my behalf. basically keeping things moving.

Has anybody else done this? any adivce would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

1997 - Jess and I met chatting on Mirc and lost touch after a few months

12-22-07 - I tracked Jess down on Myspace and we began to talk daily on IM and telephone

02-29-08 - I flew to New York and we met in person. Amazing - the connection was real

03-11-08 - I flew home - both heart broken yet totally in love.

04-10-08 - I flew back to NY. Asked for fathers blessing.

04-14-08 - I flew home to plot propsal.

05-17-08 - Jess flew to UK - engaged 4 hrs later :-)

05-26-08 - Jess fly's home.

06-13-08 - We contract Immigration attorneys to guide us through the K1 process.

07-03-08 - Jess sends pack to attorneys for checking. (lawyers paperwork)

07-08-08 - Lawyers send out official forms for us to check and sign. Completed same day an returned.

07-09-08 - The big man at the law firm checks our packet for the last time.

07-10-08 - I-129F gets mailed to USCIS VSC

08-01-08 - NOA 1

09-12-08 - Jess has flights booked to the UK.

09-20-08 - Jess fly's home after another amazing visit.

11-26-08 - Dave flew back to NY and is here on an extended visit. Heading back end of feb 2009 unless

Interview comes first :-)

12-04-08 - NOA 2

12-19-08 - Application leaves NVC for London

01-02-09 - P3 leaves embassy...

01-14-09 - No sign of P3...

01-23-09 - Still No P3 - downloaded forms and sent in anyway

01-29-09 - P3 Confirmed receipt at London Consulate.

02-09-09 - DOS confirms interview for 10th March

02-22-09 - Dave Fly's back to UK

02-23-09 - Medical

03-10-09 - Interview

us-uk-alliance.gif

From a previous post of mine

PM me an email address and I can give you online access to P3. It's msn based so hotmail, msn, or live mail is best.

This is what you send back asap

•DS-230 Part 1, pages 1 & 2 completed

•DS-156, in duplicate, unsigned

•DS-156K, unsigned

•DS157 (males)

The checklist showing you have gathered your documents can be sent later, but if you have everything in hand, send with the above things. This is the list of what you should have in hand to take to the interview http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/docs169.html

address is-

Immigrant Visa Branch

United States Embassy

5 Upper Grosvenor Street

London W1A 2JB

The forms are here: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/.../visaforms.html

You complete them online in one sitting because you can't save and go back later and finish. You print them and mail them back with the checklist if you have those things in hand. Get your LND case number from Dept of State (DOS) by calling them at:

(202) 663-1225 press 1, then 0 to speak to a live person

Can tell you if app was received by embassy, when Packet 3 sent out and when interview is scheduled, depending on where you are in the process at the time of your call. NVC has to assign your case number before DOS will have it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.