masry

obama the new president

98 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
tell me this darling. I paid my way through college, went on to get my masters and I make a decent income. Tell me why the hell I should have to share my wealth with some deadbeat that don't work, refuses to work and wants to stay in the system. Why should my hard earned money go to a single woman that cannot keep her legs together and keeps popping out kids she cannot afford? I worked damn hard to be where I'm at today and I believe you have the choice to make yourself what you are. I grew up with hardly a thing. My parents worked hard for what we had and taught me to be the best I can be. I'm sorry, but if you want to be a high school drop out, smoke crack, get pregnant, be irresponsible, that's your own problem, not the hard working tax payers of America.

First off your information is wrong, where you get this information is from propaganda that the media gave you. Most of the women who even get welfare, have less than two children. It has become commonplace to blame the least powerful, the poorest,and the unluckiest for all the ills facing the country today.

Assumption: Teen mothers make up a large percentage of the welfare caseload.

Reality: Only 8 percent of mothers on welfare are teenagers. Less than three percent of poor families are headed by women younger than nineteen.

Assumption: Families on welfare have lots of children.

Reality: The typical welfare family includes two children, about the same as the average American family.

Assumption: People on welfare could find work if they wanted to.

Reality: There just aren’t enough jobs for workers with little or no skills that pay a living wage. Full-time year- round work at minimum wage puts a woman and two children $3,000 below the poverty line—with no health care or child care coverage.

The real welfare folks are the very wealthy, just that we word it a little different, they are suppose to pay 35% taxes, that never happens a lot of times these very rich folks make money, instead of paying taxes, there is more welfare for the wealthy in this country.

Go down to a homeless shelter and talk to families on hard times, it will open your eyes. The situation is heartbreaking, and I always wonder about people who say they believe in God, but yet are so greedy. I don't think you can take your riches into paradise with you. I think in one part of the new testament said that it is easy for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than a rich man to get to the kingdom of heaven.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Michelle Obama can wear any color dress she wants. Do people have to wear uniforms and special colors now? We have "BIGGER" things to worry about then someone's dress colors. Oh, maybe the haters think she is not "American enough" LOL!

Wow! Joe Biden nor his wife wore a red, white, and blue outfit either. MCCain and Cindy didn't wear the flag either. "shaking my head"

dudette....take a chill pill. I was trying to bring a lil levity into this fighting thread. :blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Thanks Bridget,

It just makes me crazy when I hear such stereotypes, everyone on welfare is living the good life, this could be farther from the truth. A good book is Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America Written from the perspective of the undercover journalist, it sets out to investigate the impact of the 1996 welfare reform on the "working poor" in the United States. Really will make one think, this women has her PhD in cell biology, and she gives it all up to see what it is like to live in America as a working person, shows what kind of great jobs one gets on just a high school diploma or even a drop out, just what she has to go through is really something. It is a full time job to be poor in this country.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Michelle Obama can wear any color dress she wants. Do people have to wear uniforms and special colors now? We have "BIGGER" things to worry about then someone's dress colors. Oh, maybe the haters think she is not "American enough" LOL!

Wow! Joe Biden nor his wife wore a red, white, and blue outfit either. MCCain and Cindy didn't wear the flag either. "shaking my head"

dudette....take a chill pill. I was trying to bring a lil levity into this fighting thread. :blink:

:rofl: you said "dudette" :rofl: I love it! :rofl:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
ohhh please a friend of mine said in Lebanon they were watching it... and called me to say ask who won when she woke up (no power at that time)... I told her and I heard a bunch of cheering in the background.

My husband is in Spain him and his room mates were huddled around a tv..none of them have ties (except my husband) to the U.S. but it means alot to alot of people

did you see the pics of the people in Kenya???? the world is celebrating

I didn't see those pics as my father lives with me and he is so upset that he turned the tv off, lol. I must sneak the tv on from my bedroom so I can catch some more coverage now! I may not have liked the outcome but that doesn't mean I don't want to see what is happening and stay up to date. This is a historical day! I had to listen to Obama's speech in arabic on aljazeera so my father wouldn't get annoyed by hearing it, lol. He can't understand the arabic so it doesn't bother him.

sorry...meant to actually reply to this thread :whistle: i would hope that anyone married to an arab (especially in Iraq), would want a president that actually wants to withdraw sooner than 100 yrs from now, and unite this world, rather than keep us divided, actually start talking and discussing our differences rather than start wars...sorry, JMHO..didn't mean to stir up things. can't understand how anyone that's married to an arab would want to continue these policies.. :wacko:

I find that comment extremely offensive since you can't simply ask my opinion and reasons and instead you just form your own opinions and assumptions. Intolerance of ideas really bothers me as it is obvious you were trying to insult me.

Why do you think I was trying to insult you? If you have listened to Obama's speeches, you would know that he has NEVER advocated pulling our troops out of Iraq immediately. And if you read my post, you would see that I wrote it's my opinion. That's what this is about... being able to state your opinions. OBviously, I'm not the only one with these opinions, as the majority voted and does want CHANGE in this country. Now I will ask you, are you happy with your last president of 8 yrs and his policies? Your choice that you voted for, was happy with him, as he voted 90% of the time with him. And alot of Americans, like me, want some of those billions spent on an unnecessary war, actually spent building up our country. Once again, this is my opinion, you stated yours and I would like to state mine. No insulting here...sorry if you took it that way.

If you read back to your first comment, you did attack me when I had only said at that time I didn't prefer Obama. I had said nothing more. Yet you made a big deal and acted like I was being unreasonable because I prefered a different candidate? Who are you to tell me who I should vote for based on my husband's nationality? This is where my problem came in and why I was offended by your comment. As if my husband being Iraqi automatically requires me to vote for Obama and if I don't then it is some kind of betrayal to my husband. I was perfectly respectful in my comments and even said I hope Obama will bring about the positive change he claims he will. What was wrong with my statements that you had to be so rude? Everyone else saw my comments for what they were. Me saying that I didn't prefer Obama but I said nothing bad about him when you made your comment. You couldn't even ask the simple question of why? You just went off on a tangent about what you think Obama might do that is good and how I must not like those things.

As for Bush, I never voted for him so I can't say that one was my fault or that I agreed with him. I also later stated I didn't like McCain either. It is a matter of which candidate I at least had some things I could agree with. The candidates I liked didn't make it to the primary election.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks Bridget,

It just makes me crazy when I hear such stereotypes, everyone on welfare is living the good life, this could be farther from the truth. A good book is Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America Written from the perspective of the undercover journalist, it sets out to investigate the impact of the 1996 welfare reform on the "working poor" in the United States. Really will make one think, this women has her PhD in cell biology, and she gives it all up to see what it is like to live in America as a working person, shows what kind of great jobs one gets on just a high school diploma or even a drop out, just what she has to go through is really something. It is a full time job to be poor in this country.

Excellent Book :thumbs:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and one of his first challenges....russia!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=160536

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Well since Obama didn't start this war to begin with, the outcome is not his fault. As President, he is going to have to listen to the ppl (and the house/congress), and if that majority says to withdraw, that's what will be done. I understand the fear, too bad the people couldn't make a difference to begin with. I didn't go to Iraq per se, but Jordan is just a hop, skip and a jump, I know/met enough Iraqi's to understand. However, now that we created the mess, we'll have to see what happens.

On a side note, I know quite a few people from Iraq that will probably never return home and out of those few some that actually made enough money to live a better life than me. Alot went on there. We never had any business.....

Ok I'm done.

Erroneous thinking: The President doesn't have to listen to "the people" when it comes to war. It is his enumerated duty to be the commander in chief, provide security for the country, and conduct a war in the manner he sees fit. This is not a matter of popular opinion. It goes much deeper than that.

Obama is an idjit, and we will find out how much of one by the way he conducts the war. He has blown a lot of hot air about it, but now, he will have to put his money where his big mouth has been, and it will be different from the bravado he's been spewing, and the outcome will definitely be his responsibility. He can't blame Bush for everything and command respect. He's going to be the one making the call.

Edited by Virtual wife

Timeline
I was watching Al-Jazeera (arabic) and they seem to like him a lot. I found it funny to see they put up one of those big screens with the US map and they color coded the states like the US news agencies do, but theirs had arabic words on it. Ironic that a middle eastern news agency was reporting this election just as much as the American agencies were, lol.

I find it ironic that all the world was/is so much into the election. My husband had his friends calling him all night long! I finally told him to turn off his phone or to sleep in another room. I'll say it again, there is a reason arabs wanted Obama in the office and I think it goes way beyond what anyone can or will try to comprehend. F.Y.I my husband said it wasn't good that Obama was elected. An arab man of color that isn't jumping up and down. Makes me wonder that's all.

My husband and I are Arab and we didn't want Obama either. It's crazy for Arabs to think just because Obama's Black, he gives a darn about Arabs. He's not God. He still has to please the ones who got him in office, and that ain't you guys. It's many of the "greedy" rich folks you revile. That's how politics works; you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Timeline
I believe she was commenting on his life growing up...single mom and all that.

I agree. I actually think it's very admirable that he was able to grow up in a single parent home and later become a great success and make millions and still think back on where he came from and want to effect some change and help the vast majority of americans.

Mythology. Much of his young life was spent with his grandparents and with his mother's second husband.

Timeline
I'm happy a man came into office who knows what it's like to be struggle finanacially. That makes all the difference in the world, he would connect with people who are "poor" and understand their pain.

Its a shame people are talking about sharing the wealth! Usually these imbeciles are so selfish, and racist they don't know they will one day grow old. I worked in a nursing home for a while. I would see patients with children who didn't visit them, and one part of me felt sad, but one part of me didn't. That's the way they raised them. Change(money) aint nothing, you win some you lose some. However, when you are old and you are alone. Ha! Ha!Ha! this is sharing the wealth. My time is my wealth! My health is my wealth! So, I believe Obama will try to make the open-minded people to work harder to be involved with social programs. What good is wealth and millions when you can't walk by yourself. I heard the oldest people around me talking about "everything will be free" hahaha! what ignorance. Man I have compassion for anyone, but this not wanting to share the wealth is pure greed. A kind of greed that I know will one day bite you in the ###.

tell me this darling. I paid my way through college, went on to get my masters and I make a decent income. Tell me why the hell I should have to share my wealth with some deadbeat that don't work, refuses to work and wants to stay in the system. Why should my hard earned money go to a single woman that cannot keep her legs together and keeps popping out kids she cannot afford? I worked damn hard to be where I'm at today and I believe you have the choice to make yourself what you are. I grew up with hardly a thing. My parents worked hard for what we had and taught me to be the best I can be. I'm sorry, but if you want to be a high school drop out, smoke crack, get pregnant, be irresponsible, that's your own problem, not the hard working tax payers of America.

I'm all for change. Change for the better. I have a feeling the ones that are so excited now will be the ones that will be crying when their own income goes to spread the wealth. :whistle:

I'm all for change. Change for the better. I have a feeling the ones that are so excited now will be the ones that will be crying when their own income goes to spread the wealth. :whistle:

:thumbs: makes me feel like going to college while in the military was perhaps not the best choice i made either.

I don't get it. Do you both make at least $250,000 in ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME? Seriously if you don't you won't be sharing YOUR wealth. As a matter of fact, if you don't then you're not even considered wealthy. :wacko:

Promises, promises. Ahem, both Barry and Biden voted to raise taxes on people making about $40,000/yr. They will do it again.

These two are POLITICIANS. Has that been forgotten?

Timeline
Just wanted to say WOOO HOOO and to let you all know that this is big news here in Saudi Arabia. Everyone is very happy and my inlaws were all congratulating me today. Even my mother in law slapped me a high five. I think that now more than ever, this election meant something to the whole world, not just the USA. People of all nationalities here are interested, informed, and very happy about the outcome.

Now let's just hope he doesn't turn out to be some kinda whack job lol.

now i'm totally curious just what exactly is being reported there. are people there completely oblivious to what a yes man obama is for aipac? ralph nader laid into obama something fierce over the palestinian issue a couple days ago, and rightly so. it's really disappointing that nader's message hasn't been more widely heard, especially in the arab world.

And ironic, since Nader is an Arab American.

I think what people here are most excited about is the possibility of an end, or at least a change in the way things are going in Iraq. People don't understand why the USA decided to make itself the "world police" as my sister in law put it, and invade other countries. People here think that if McCain, or any other Republican for that matter, were elected, it would be same-old same-old.

I didn't know Ralph nader as Arab American...very interesting, indeed. I don't think I've seen a single news story on him here, or heard a single person talk about him. It's been all Obama all the time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm happy a man came into office who knows what it's like to be struggle finanacially. That makes all the difference in the world, he would connect with people who are "poor" and understand their pain.

yeah i can see that......

In December 2007, Money magazine estimated the Obama family's net worth at $1.3 million.[170] Their 2007 tax return showed a household income of $4.2 million—up from about $1 million in 2006 and $1.6 million in 2005—mostly from sales of his books.[171]

link

For the slow ones.

I was talking about "growing up" and not now. I meant he worked hard for everything he had, and don't mind sharing. Oprah, a successful Billionaire now, she is very charitable. Yes, spread the wealth. Many others. No one is going to take a penny with them when they die.

What's wrong with sharing? I'm happy a lot of selfish people got to see what it's like to be selfish and greedy. Thank you God!

He said " his mother was dying of cancer, and instead of worry about other things. She was fighting with insurance companies to pay her bills, because they wanted to say it was pre condition. Her story is not uncommon. Who would want to die like that or have their love ones die in this way in America?

My God, I never thought I would hear somethings I'm hearing today. The ship is sinking(America), and the ignorant don't hear the instructions to save themselves.

For all you Jesus lovers...hahaha! He broke bread and feed multitudes( I love you Jesus) peace be upon you.

Just wanted to say WOOO HOOO and to let you all know that this is big news here in Saudi Arabia. Everyone is very happy and my inlaws were all congratulating me today. Even my mother in law slapped me a high five. I think that now more than ever, this election meant something to the whole world, not just the USA. People of all nationalities here are interested, informed, and very happy about the outcome.

Now let's just hope he doesn't turn out to be some kinda whack job lol.

now i'm totally curious just what exactly is being reported there. are people there completely oblivious to what a yes man obama is for aipac? ralph nader laid into obama something fierce over the palestinian issue a couple days ago, and rightly so. it's really disappointing that nader's message hasn't been more widely heard, especially in the arab world.

And ironic, since Nader is an Arab American.

tana3raf, right? who along with dr michael debakey, who no one knows was arab either, are perhaps the most influential, important arab americans that have ever been.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.