Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Rwanda
Timeline

SheFell....Congratulations on your case making it to the embassy without great delay!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

Soon~tobe.....have you tried posting a question out to the general forum to see what may be the reason that NVC can't find your case? Have you actually talked to people there? or are you just plugging in the number to the automated system? because the K1 visas don't show up in the NVC automated system. I hope you get good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Yeah I have talked to a live person several times. They keeps just saying it usually takes 2-4 weeks but could take up to 90 days.

SheFell....Congratulations on your case making it to the embassy without great delay!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

Soon~tobe.....have you tried posting a question out to the general forum to see what may be the reason that NVC can't find your case? Have you actually talked to people there? or are you just plugging in the number to the automated system? because the K1 visas don't show up in the NVC automated system. I hope you get good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I finally talked with my fiance about his interveiw experience. He said it was very easy and it lasted about 1 min, all the guy asked was how we met, if I was a good teacher (we taught together), and if he had met my family. The guy interviewing him was a former Peace Corps volunteer (my fiance and I met when I was a Peace Corps volunteer assigned to his school) so maybe that helped too. Congrats on the good news coming out of Nairobi lately! :thumbs:

Edited by ARK1

October 9, 2007 Applied for I-129F

October 22, 2007 NOA 1

March 6, 2008 NOA 2

January 6, 2009 Interview

January 16, 2009 Picked up visa

February 26, 2009 US Entry

May 11, 2009 Married

Timeline

Hey Everyone!!!!!

Just checking in......we are still "stuck @ nvc" but hope to get out this week as most people that are stuck are getting released between six and seven weeks.....so, Monday makes six weeks for us.........

Anyhow, I was going to send the doctor information in an email and when I went to the embassy website, they added the original doctors back in......so here it is again.......

Immigrant Visas

MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS

Medical exams are required for certain types of United States visas. Such medical examinations must be performed by one of the following physicians:

NAIROBI

Dr. O.S. Dogra

Sarit Center - 4th Floor

P.O. Box 40384

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 4449592/3

Dr. A. J. Meyerhold

Sarit Center – 4th Floor

P. O. Box 40384

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 3745719

Dr. L. M. Asuga

Sarit Center – 4th Floor

P. O. Box 40384

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 4449291/2

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC)

P.O BOX 55040-00200

4TH Ngong Avenue (next to Williamson House)

Nairobi, Kenya

Landlines: 2720060/1, 2723605, 2735115

Mobile Numbers: 0722879680, 0734444020

Fax: 2722818

Email: mrfnbommsc@iom.int (for appointment and inquiries only)

MOMBASA

Dr. C. B. Patel

City House, Moi Ave.

Mombasa Medical Practice

P. O. Box 80681

Mombasa, Kenya

Tel 041-2222857/8

NO OTHER MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS ARE ACCEPTABLE TO THE U.S. EMBASSY IN NAIROBI

NOTE: The applicants are required to carry along with them on the day of appointment and assessment the following:

• Valid Passport

• A letter indicating date of appointment and case number from the US Embassy

• Two recent and color passport size photos

The correct medical examination forms (DS-2053) are available from the U.S. Embassy. The doctor will require two photographs and the Embassy will require three more photographs. Applicants will therefore require a total of five photographs. Completion of the medical and all related tests require at least one week. Be sure to schedule your medical appointment well in advance of your visa interview date.

A blood test for antibody to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is required as a part of your medical examination. HIV is the virus that causes the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). AIDS is the name given to a group of illnesses that may occur in persons affected with HIV. This defect leaves people vulnerable to serious illnesses that would not usually be a threat to anyone whose immune system is intact. This test does not diagnose AIDS, but detects antibodies to the virus.

The results of your test will be provided to a consular officer. Also, it may be necessary to report results to the health authorities in this country.

A positive test result will mean that you may not be eligible to receive a visa. A positive test result could also have other local consequences on your day-to-day activities in the country.

DNA Testing

Accredited Laboratories

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all, It has taken me so long to respond as i was juggling work and processing the papers.

I got my packet in my mail box and proceeded to contact the embassy and the doctors ( Dr. Dogra) for a medical appointement. My medical appointment was on the 21 of january. Had stool, urine, blood and physical checks.This costs me Kshs. 8700 and 1000 shilling , which you pay separately for the chest xray at an appointed centre. The girls at the reception are friendly and are willing to help. It took me 4 hours to complete my tests on that day.

I was given an appointment today for the vaccinations , there are 4 vaccinations for women the MMR Combinatiion ( 3) and HPV . The cervical cancer vaccination ( HPV) is expensive - It costs something like Kshs- 11,600.The total bill (for women) comes to Kshs.21,300. They informed me that i had passed the medical :dance: and can go ahead with my interview. The place gets busy during the day so its better to be there early.

I called the embassy for an appointment and was asked when i would like them to schedule the interview. I proposed Feb 10 as i would be ready by then with all that is needed.

Pls remember us in your prayers (F)

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi All

My husband (and my two step-sons) completed their interviews today. He said that he was given a blue slip with a line across it and at the end of it was Date February 6th which he was told was when he could come back for Visas. The Embassy also kept all three passports.

I thought the PINK Slip was the usual indication that the interview was passed and that Blue meant, additional information needed.

Am I freaking out for nothing? Please let me know.

Timeline

HI all

Soon to be and Luvhas

Hope allz well ,you are so quiet , hope everything is fine.

JAqi

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Hey Jaqi!!!

Still here......we are still waiting for our case to leave the NVC.....Monday will be 7 weeks there!!!! But, was told it should be leaving there soon.....we got caught up with a group of files just before the holidays that got stuck there.....My fiance is just waiting for the word that it is on the way to the embassy so he can travel to Nairobi for the medical and interview.....so....hopefully within the next week or so he will be on his way there!!!

I see your interview is coming up......I'm excited for you guys......and also thanks for the details on the medical.....any and all information is so helpful.......

Oh yeah...I do have a question....in the packet that you got from the embassy, did it specify which papers you have to turn in with the I-134 for supporting evidence?

It was good to hear from you!!!!

Timeline

Thank you for your prayers and i will surely keep you posted

Its just says evidence of support - I will go with a notorized affidavit of support, letter form his work place, letter from his bank and his paystubs

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am still here, finding it harder to check here, it is just easier to be numb right now. My packet is still missing. CSC says they sent it and NVC says they don't have it, we are now past 6 weeks of it missing. I am sending a letter to my congressman tomorrow. I don't think they can do anything before 90days, but I want to include my NOA2 which says I can start calling the NVC after four weeks, and now it is well past four weeks. I a have a twinge of hope that maybe if my congress man looks into it they will at least track it and see where they really sent it.

I am praying lots and hoping it shows up.

I am fiance is going to get his MMR shot in Uganda and take the immunization record with him, hopefully that will save us a little bit of money on the med exam. I am also going to try to call the consulate tomorrow and beg them to give us our medical paper work now, so he can go over next week to do the medical that way when the petition finally shows up we can schedule the interview as soon as a date is available.

Shefell, keep us update on if those financial papers are enough, I don't have my tax records but I do have several old pay stubs, notarized affidavit of support and employer letter, so I think it should be okay. It is about the same evidence you have.

I was planning on going to the interview with my SO and I really really wanted to, my heart missed Africa so much, but i just don't think I can afford it. Everyone's reports lately seem positive so I think I will just let him go alone.

Good luck everyone!!!

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline
I am still here, finding it harder to check here, it is just easier to be numb right now. My packet is still missing. CSC says they sent it and NVC says they don't have it, we are now past 6 weeks of it missing. I am sending a letter to my congressman tomorrow. I don't think they can do anything before 90days, but I want to include my NOA2 which says I can start calling the NVC after four weeks, and now it is well past four weeks. I a have a twinge of hope that maybe if my congress man looks into it they will at least track it and see where they really sent it.

I am fiance is going to get his MMR shot in Uganda and take the immunization record with him, hopefully that will save us a little bit of money on the med exam. I am also going to try to call the consulate tomorrow and beg them to give us our medical paper work now, so he can go over next week to do the medical that way when the petition finally shows up we can schedule the interview as soon as a date is available.

Shefell, keep us update on if those financial papers are enough, I don't have my tax records but I do have several old pay stubs, notarized affidavit of support and employer letter, so I think it should be okay. It is about the same evidence you have.

I was planning on going to the interview with my SO and I really really wanted to, my heart missed Africa so much, but i just don't think I can afford it. Everyone's reports lately seem positive so I think I will just let him go alone.

Good luck everyone!!!

Do not worry so much. the consular in Nairobi is very nice once yu get to the interview. my fiancee went by herself and the interview took about two minutes. Am told the consular even speaks luganda !! All yu need is the basic documents i.e forms 156, 156k and the affidavit of support.The doctors too are so nice in expediting the medical exam process. The only snag was that unlike madwoman and Hillary my fiancee had to wait for two days for the visa which is still not bad. Good luck.

Timeline

Thanks for info Shefell and Dodoma!!!

Soon~tobe: I really hope you get some answers this week. My heart goes out to you....I hope they find your case and get it out of NVC within two days like I've seen a lot on VJ doing......don't give up....stay strong and positive.....this process can be very disheartening at times....but remember that God is ultimately in control and His timeframe is not always our timeframe....but, it is always best.

Timeline

Good luck everyone!!!

Im hoping you get help from your congressman soon and your file goes to NVC. For the medical your fiance will need the NVC case number for them to allow him to proceed with the medicals, Im not sure how long it takes for the medicals to expire. Good luck and all the best.

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.