doncalo

Waiting for fiancee at consulate CDJ

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We finally made it to the interview and my fiancee is waiting or currently being interviewed.

Waiting sucks but I can only imagine what she is going through. The weather in Juarez is hot but it is not that bad today because there is slight breeze. I just wanted to thank everyone who post their experience on this site. Because of all of you I feel very informed. Thank you for sharing!

Today I wanted to describe our experience at the medical exam. We showed up at the place that conducts the medical exams around 7am. There was a short line and my fiancee was called to go into another lobby a few minutes later. I ended up waiting until 10am before my fiancee came out because the person doing the x'rays for the men had an emergency and had to leave. (at least that is what my fiancee heard from a nurse). The whole experience was simple and straight forward. However the conversations I had with some of the people waiting was really scary. This is why I am so thankful to have found this site.

I met a guy that told me he and his fiancee showed up at the medical exam office at 5am so they can get their results back right away and go to the interview process afterwards. I told him that I had read that the results are not available until 2pm. He said that his lawyer had told him that they could do everything in one day...... I did not want to get into an arguement with the guy so I told him that maybe he was going through a different process. That is when he told me he was going the k1 visa process... You should have seen the look on his face when they told his fiancee to come back at 2pm for the results. He was not happy!

Well I am going to go get some breakfast but I will keep you guys updated with our whole experience.

I am not a good speller so excuse all the errors I made and the keyboard I am on sucks. Everything is shifted over to the left.... for example the if i want the letter k i hit the letter l.....

Good luck to everyone going through this process and hopefully by this afternoon I will be able to post some very good news.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I hope everything goes well for you two!

My fiance will eventually be interviewing in Juarez so I have a few questions for you...

Is it true that you don't have to schedule an appointment for the interview in Juarez? The beneficiary just shows up when he or she has all the necessary documents?

Also since they don't allow the USC to be in the interview what is it like waiting? Do you have to wait outside? What is the area like around the consulate? Would it be okay a woman with a small child? I ask this because by the time my fiance has his interview our son will still only be several months old.

Timeline

Hi Chimi

You can read the text of the letter that your fiance will receive from the consulate when everything has reached there: http://usembassy.state.gov/ciudadjuarez/wwwfcdj400.pdf

Specifically it says: "As soon as you have obtained all of the documents that apply in you case, you can come to the Consulate any working day Monday through Friday between 8 and 10 AM"

Doncalo, thanks for posting all the information. Did you try to get into the consulate with your Fiance? Just curious if there is ANY way to go in for the interview.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good luck!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I hope things go well for you! Please continue to post details because if we ever get an NOA2 we're headed to Juarez too!

Naturalization (N-400)

5/17/2010 application sent to Texas Lockbox

5/20/2010 check cashed

5/25/2010 NOA

6/07/2010 biometrics letter received

6/16/2010 biometrics appointment

Timeline
Hi Chimi

You can read the text of the letter that your fiance will receive from the consulate when everything has reached there: http://usembassy.state.gov/ciudadjuarez/wwwfcdj400.pdf

Specifically it says: "As soon as you have obtained all of the documents that apply in you case, you can come to the Consulate any working day Monday through Friday between 8 and 10 AM"

Doncalo, thanks for posting all the information. Did you try to get into the consulate with your Fiance? Just curious if there is ANY way to go in for the interview.

Keep us posted and good luck!

We went back in the end of October and they had JUST begun to not allow the U.S. counterpart of the couple in. Although I have read a case here and there of the fiance or spouse being let in, I would call it the exception to the rule. However, in the two days that I spent waiting outside for my fiance, I did see a good amount of people that came out with letters/notes from the Consulate and then reentering with what seemed to be the spouse/fiance.

Bring something to sit on or sit inside one of the restaurants that is in view of the consulate cause otherwise you are stuck in the sun either or on your rear on the ground or standing.

February 28, 2004 Pedro and I began to date :)

May 24, 2005 I-129F packet sent to NSC

May 26, 2005 I-129F packet arrives at NSC

May 27, 2005 NOA1 (online)

June 3, 2005 NOA1 received by snail mail (dated May 27)

August 22, 2005 NOA2 (online)

August 25, 2005 NOA2 (snailmail)

August 25, 2005 forwarded to NVC

September 12, 2005 forwarded to Consulate (Ciudad Juarez)

October 6, 2005 Consulate says it has received our papers (email)

October 25, 2005 receive Packet 3 (in U.S.)

October 26, 2005 I leave for Juarez (interview!)

October 31, 2005 Pedro gets his visa:)

December 9, 2005 Pedro arrives

December 22, 2005 small wedding

January 30, 2006 NOA 1 receipt date (EAD, AP, AOS)

April 18, 2006 EAD, AOS Biometrics (78 days)

June 23, 2006 large wedding

June 29, 2006 AOS interview

June 30, 2006 AOS approved online

Timeline

Everything end up going well and we are back in Tijuana, Mexico. We will make our move to the US by the end of the month.

I was not allowed to go in with her. Some one I spoke too told me they used to allow them to go inside. I think one of the replies was asking what type of questions they ask....my fiancee said they only asked her about how we met and where I worked. We had some issues with the finger prints and had to go down to the point of entry so that they could finger print all her 10 fingers instead of just her index fingers. I have never read something like this before so I thought it was odd. None the less everything went well.

Oh and for those of you that have been to Juarez before the guy with the bloody, bone exposed, arm is still asking for change.

I know these are very bad details but I will recap our whole experience when I have more time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations !!!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

Doncalo - Thanks for the feedback. As you can guess, you have several of us here that will go through the same process and at the same consulate you just went through. Are there any tips you can share that might make our interview process quicker and/or a more positive experience? e.g. What hotel do you recommend? What times do you recommend we start standing in line? How many days can we kinda expect to stay in CDJ?

Thanks.

---

04/27/2006 - I-129F mailed to CSC via UPS Overnight

04/28/2006 - I-129F received by CSC

05/02/2006 - Check Cashed

05/02/2006 - NOA1

05/04/2006 - Touched

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

congrats!!!!

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.