Jaynelle

co-sponsor in manila

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need your help... :crying: i've heard that the manila embassy doesnt accept co-sponsors. Is this true? I have my dad as my co-sponsor eh tsaka he meets the required poverty level naman sa sweldo nya he make 80,000 anually..Are we gonna be denied because of a co-sponsor? wala akong job kasi im currently reviewing for my nclex. kaya kinuha ko cya as a co-sponsor? Pano un? wala ngang info about not using co-sponsors in manila eh!! :crying: help pls. ung mga same situation as i am.. enlighten me :blush:

janelle

hello :crying:

i opened a similar post just a couple of minutes ago

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=160092

i have also informed our lawyer about this. when is your interview? im just waiting for my medical result and if everything goes well, then i'll have my interview any day after the 19th of November.

i have asked around here and they said USEM will accept co-sponsorship but others say this is not accepted. maybe we just need to know how we should mention this during the interview. my fiancee is currently studying but he used to work already. we also have a co-sponsor and everything is ready, i just got really worried since i did not know that this is the policy in the USEM.

we had trouble sleeping last night just thinking about it :( so it would be helpful if anyone could share their experience on this.

- LMY -

Timeline
I need your help... :crying: i've heard that the manila embassy doesnt accept co-sponsors. Is this true? I have my dad as my co-sponsor eh tsaka he meets the required poverty level naman sa sweldo nya he make 80,000 anually..Are we gonna be denied because of a co-sponsor? wala akong job kasi im currently reviewing for my nclex. kaya kinuha ko cya as a co-sponsor? Pano un? wala ngang info about not using co-sponsors in manila eh!! :crying: help pls. ung mga same situation as i am.. enlighten me :blush:

where did you get the infos?reliable ba?better call the NVC or Immigration personnel and inquire it..

goodluck

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Timeline
hello :crying:

i opened a similar post just a couple of minutes ago

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=160092

i have also informed our lawyer about this. when is your interview? im just waiting for my medical result and if everything goes well, then i'll have my interview any day after the 19th of November.

i have asked around here and they said USEM will accept co-sponsorship but others say this is not accepted. maybe we just need to know how we should mention this during the interview. my fiancee is currently studying but he used to work already. we also have a co-sponsor and everything is ready, i just got really worried since i did not know that this is the policy in the USEM.

we had trouble sleeping last night just thinking about it :( so it would be helpful if anyone could share their experience on this.

- LMY -

Wow very similar problem we got here huh?! I asked the same question too a couple of months ago, others say that its ok depends on the consul's decision and depends on the case. Its better daw na newly grad kesa sa matanda na no job pa.. un ung inexample sakin before. so yeah, im really nervous!! Plus, theres no info about not allowing co-sponsors in manila.. Nakakagulat ung mga nalalaman ko... Goodluck satin dalawa...

janelle

to yankee -

someone just posted here, i think its papabear that she was refused a visa and the consul handed her passport back since co-sponsorship is not allowed. i guess this has caused a lot of us to worry.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159962

maybe they have tightened their financial requirements now with the current economic status of the US? all these are just assumptions but of course.. better na na ready di ba?

for other's who may have some information here in Manila, please do share

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They accept co-sponsor. My fiance is above poverty line but we still asked my aunt to co-sponsor us just for back up and the prescreener accepted both.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

jamesNrei - did the consul ask for the additional documents? did you mention it or did you just hand-in the co-sponsors documents along with your fiance's financial docs?

kindly let us know of your interview process.

Thanks.

Timeline
They accept co-sponsor. My fiance is above poverty line but we still asked my aunt to co-sponsor us just for back up and the prescreener accepted both.

thanks. But yeah you have a really good chance of being approved because ur primary sponsor which is the petitioner meets the required poverty level. Back up mo lng naman ung co-sponsor mo. But in my case,i dont have any income to support my fiance so my dad is the one who will be supporting him 100%. So we are really relying on our co-sponsors. thanks for your reply though. i appreciate it.

janelle

Timeline
to yankee -

someone just posted here, i think its papabear that she was refused a visa and the consul handed her passport back since co-sponsorship is not allowed. i guess this has caused a lot of us to worry.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159962

maybe they have tightened their financial requirements now with the current economic status of the US? all these are just assumptions but of course.. better na na ready di ba?

for other's who may have some information here in Manila, please do share

As I understand, case to case basis. sometimes there's a petitioner that has a good paying job bt still got a strict Consul..but you are right better prepare for it.. and they are really want to make sure that the petitioner has the capacity to support the beneficiary and there's a bonafide relationship..why not call the embassy?is it true that there's a new set of consul now?

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Timeline
As I understand, case to case basis. sometimes there's a petitioner that has a good paying job bt still got a strict Consul..but you are right better prepare for it.. and they are really want to make sure that the petitioner has the capacity to support the beneficiary and there's a bonafide relationship..why not call the embassy?is it true that there's a new set of consul now?

Just want to reply on the highlighted part,yes,it's true that there are new sets of Consuls,i've seen them while I was having my medical last oct 29,they had a meeting there and visited the different SLEC's department :thumbs: .now :ot2:

Timeline

They do accept co-sponsorship. I also heard that many times before my interview that they don't accept but I was granted a fiance visa. My fiance then is not even above poverty lines. His mom offers to be the co sponsor. The pre screening officer told me that they don't accept co-sponsorship but he told me that it will be the CO's decision. On my interview with the CO, he just asked me 1 single question. Where did you met? that's all. He didn't even bother to look up on financial status. Again my husband was below poverty level.

Try the luck. If I where you, if you could have other person as a co sponsor instead of your dad. Oh well, reminded me of Jona's case (lostgurl). Her dad was the co sponsor. No harm in trying but be sure to have a BUNCH of supporting document.

Matter of fact, I've also known a friend same interview date as mine with a co sponsor.

Good Luck!

Vida Taylor

Edited by blukiss24

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys I am not not trying to scare you., I am also stunned what happened yesterday Even our lawyer is do not know about it, After what happen to me yesterday I did some research and Philippines is one of the consulate that not accepting co-sponsor, like what I posed on my topic I will also post this topic from the other forum that co-sponsor is cause of delay and denial of visa.,...http://www.visapro.com/message-board/showthread.php?t=9365

what I suggest is try to do some research,... But like what I've said there is an exceptiion granting visa for co-sponsor if your petitioner is a student or under medication then there is a chances that you got approved,.

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.