SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
FINALLY!!!

I just rec'd an email notification from Canada Post that my package has been rec'd by them!!!! They must have sent out my visa today!!!

Hope I get it before the weekend!!!

Woohoo!!!

Anybody strap that thing to their waist or store it in their freezer until the big move??? Lol'!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW CAN I GET AN EARLIER INTERVIEW DATE WITH MONTREAL?

Good morning Canada.

How likely is Montreal to grant an earlier interview date if we were planning on getting married early June? We sent in packet three on Tuesday, April 21, 09. Will they accept this verbal declaration and be nice and grant an earlier interview date or will they demand evidence and/or ignore the request? Has anyone ever tried to request an early interview date? If so, what did you do and did it work?

:-)

Congratulations Poprocks. I wish I were you today but I am truly happy for you. No one can ever understand what we've all gone through on this 'visa journey' unless they've been through it. You must be at your highest point now....wow, wow, and wow.

Timeline

Good morning Canada.

How likely is Montreal to grant an earlier interview date if we were planning on getting married early June? We sent in packet three on Tuesday, April 21, 09. Will they accept this verbal declaration and be nice and grant an earlier interview date or will they demand evidence and/or ignore the request? Has anyone ever tried to request an early interview date? If so, what did you do and did it work?

Congratulations Poprocks. I wish I were you today but I am truly happy for you. No one can ever understand what we've all gone through on this 'visa journey' unless they've been through it. You must be at your highest point now....wow, wow, and wow.

The only think you can do at this point is email them and ask them. Others on this forum asked and got their interviews pretty fast. Whether or not it was because they asked, who knows. But, you need to email them asap and ask.

Chadlaure just got an interview for mid-May so they may have already filled up their interviews for May.

I waited 4 months for mine, others have waited only 3 weeks... so its a crapshoot.

Good Luck.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Good morning Canada.

Hey! Thanks :)

First off, anything in this world is possible...but if you're looking at recent stats...

Look at my timeline. In mid March I started hounding them with emails requesting a date before June due to our wedding. They responded saying they would note the request. I got an interview within 6 weeks. But it just happened to be a quick turn around lately. As of recent they have been giving interviews within 2 months. But as Saphire said, they book all their interviews in a certain week, and it world appear May dates have been issued.

At best, you are likely looking at a June date. They do advise not to plan a wedding prior to the visa being issued...but most of us do LOL! Even in the interview, she said 'congrats, you can start planning a wedding'

You'll never know if you don't ask! Try, and good luck!!!! Who knows if u interview early June, u may be able to get hitched by months end...

Go get em tiger LOL! :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: My fiance's Visa arrived today!!!!!!!! I just checked Canada Post's tracking site and it was delivered not too long ago!! OMG, I am SOOO excited!!!!!! Okay... He hasn't even told me yet that it was delivered... I just cheated. :whistle: Should probably keep this "under my hat" so he can have some good news to tell me tonight when we talk!

I don't think June 22nd can come fast enough!!!! :)

EDITED NOTE:

Here's the ironic part. I originally wanted April 24th to be our wedding day, as that was my grandmother's birthdate. We were too afraid to keep that date for fear everything wouldn't happen in time AND get the Visa back. Funny how things turn out sometime, huh. :blush:

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

I'M HOLDING MY VISA IN MY HAND!!!!

So excited that my Montreal Consulate experience is now completed!

Good luck to everyone else!!!!!

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's awesome July & Pop! Now you can concentrate on the move!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
That's awesome July & Pop! Now you can concentrate on the move!

Congrats July_Bride & Pop Rocks!!!!

JulyBride -- how ironic you got it in time for your original wedding date :star:

Hope you both celebrate!!

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Timeline

Yay!! Congrats you two, that's great. I can't wait to feel up my visa :lol:

I just got my Xpresspost envelope and man, the people at the post office are pretty clue less sometimes eh? I spent 10 minutes convincing her there is a sticker she can put on the envelope requiring a signature. Then she wanted to fill in the mailing address and I was like no! Just give it to me! I would love to know why it needs to be so massive....

I just got my Xpresspost envelope and man, the people at the post office are pretty clue less sometimes eh? I spent 10 minutes convincing her there is a sticker she can put on the envelope requiring a signature. Then she wanted to fill in the mailing address and I was like no! Just give it to me! I would love to know why it needs to be so massive....

Because they send you a package that resembles the transcripts for Stephen Kings next movie...LOL! You'll see ;) I never expected so much stuff!!!

And yeah, I plan on keeping my hands on this more than my fiancés butt!!! Haha!

So scared to lose it!

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline

Congrats Pop and July!! :D

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Timeline

Because they send you a package that resembles the transcripts for Stephen Kings next movie...LOL! You'll see ;) I never expected so much stuff!!!

And yeah, I plan on keeping my hands on this more than my fiancés butt!!! Haha!

So scared to lose it!

:rofl: There's the statement of the century! Oh man, that was good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.