SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I should probably get all my paperwork together... I'm just being lazy and putting everything off. I have 2 big essays and 3 exams to write before the interview comes up... rawr. But then again, I have a couple more weeks to prepare then you guys!

Bill ordered his tax transcripts from the IRS yesterday, so hopefully they'll come soon. I figure its better to be safe then sorry! And we'll need them for AOS later, so it won't be a waste of time.

Talk about bring a princess when it comes to hotel rooms... we booked the Hilton. But I think my fiance is worse then me when it comes to that stuff! (I'll probably get yelled at when he lurks and reads this later)

I thought the IRS transcripts were not needed for the interview??

Do we need them for both the interview and AOS?

I honestly don't know. I've heard a lot of different things! People on the K-1 forum have been saying you need the last 3 years of tax transcripts, but I also heard here in the Canada forum that Montreal only asks for your 2008 return. And then some others have said they don't ask for them at all! So i'm just being safe and bringing them all along with me... Maybe someone who had a recent interview can answer this one? I think Sapphire said she just brought her fiance's 2008 W2's?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I think we need at the interview:

- I-134 notarized (yes? no? yes? no? yes? no? let's say YES)

- letter from the employer with info as mentioned on I-134 instructions

- letter from the bank with info as mentioned on I-134 instructions

- W2 from past 3 years

- 5 last paystubs

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

- W2 from past 3 years

- 5 last paystubs

That's what I've got (still trying to find 2007 & 2006 taxes, though) and that's what we're taking.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

- W2 from past 3 years

- 5 last paystubs

That's what I've got (still trying to find 2007 & 2006 taxes, though) and that's what we're taking.

WOOO HOOOO!!!!! I've even found 2005 along with 2006 and 2007. Should I go for it all and bring all four or just stick with the three most current?? I'm so excited I've found them all, I feel like we should bring them all!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

- W2 from past 3 years

- 5 last paystubs

Right. The only difference between what you're saying and what I'm saying is W2 opposed to tax transcripts. A W2 is part of a tax transcript right? So tax transcript... W2... I don't really know if it matters? What I'm saying is that if I have the entire transcript, why not just provide the whole thing? Because if you need to order them (like we did) you just end up getting the whole shabang right? Am I just confusing myself or everyone as as well? :wacko: ha!

Timeline

- W2 from past 3 years

- 5 last paystubs

WOOO HOOOO!!!!! I've even found 2005 along with 2006 and 2007. Should I go for it all and bring all four or just stick with the three most current?? I'm so excited I've found them all, I feel like we should bring them all!

Uh, oh... for some reason I didn't save my 2006 taxes in a pdf. All I have is the .tax file for TurboTax. Maybe I can take 2005 in place of 2006??? I'm going to contact TurboTax to see what I can do. Hopefully there's something they can send me to help. :(

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Hey guys, I got some more stuff from my sweetie in the mail. He sent me the I-134 Affidavit of Support, a copy of his 2008 return, his two most recent paystubs, and a copy of his bank statement that shows savings, checking, mortgage, and vehicle loan info. Do you think I should get him to send me anything else, oh and he sent me the letter from his employer showing his position, salary,length of time etc.

I also realize he has his W2's for the last 3 years. For anyone who has already interviewed did you get asked for a letter from the bank? I have his statement from the bank showing everything, but I am wondering if you acutally need a letter from an officer of the bank?

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We didn't bring any taxes - just his W2 from 2008, a letter from his employer and pay stubs and the affidavit. However we also had a bank letter with a bank account with a very large sum of money in it, so I think that definitely helped our case.

They took these documents from us when they took all the other documents and never mentioned them once. So if you or your fiance make good money and have ample support, I don't think there is any need to worry.

I think if you make less money that might make them ask for more information etc.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

We didn't bring any taxes - just his W2 from 2008, a letter from his employer and pay stubs and the affidavit. However we also had a bank letter with a bank account with a very large sum of money in it, so I think that definitely helped our case.

They took these documents from us when they took all the other documents and never mentioned them once. So if you or your fiance make good money and have ample support, I don't think there is any need to worry.

I think if you make less money that might make them ask for more information etc.

My Petie is very financially secure and it shows that on his affidavit as well as bank statement. I guess I was just worried I didn't have an actual letter from the bank. I was just talking to him in Wisconsin about it. He's a little worried as well and tells me he will stop at the bank tomorrow and get one and get it in the mail to me ASAP. He's friends with one of the employees so he tells me he can get it by noon. It will make me feel better having it. THANKS SAPPHIRE.....you've been great!

event.png

Timeline

Ok, I'm slow, so lets explain this to me. What the heck is a W2? Is it ok if we have tax transcripts instead of W2's? My fiance says the transcript has a lot more information on it then a W2 does, so I'm guessing yes? Should we do tax transcripts AND W2's or am I just going overboard at this point?... He makes above the poverty line, so that's not a problem but its not WAY over, so they might want more info from someone like me? Gah. Now I feel bad for asking him to order all those transcripts :lol:

Timeline

My Petie is very financially secure and it shows that on his affidavit as well as bank statement. I guess I was just worried I didn't have an actual letter from the bank. I was just talking to him in Wisconsin about it. He's a little worried as well and tells me he will stop at the bank tomorrow and get one and get it in the mail to me ASAP. He's friends with one of the employees so he tells me he can get it by noon. It will make me feel better having it. THANKS SAPPHIRE.....you've been great!

Our bank had a standard letter that they just printed out for us on the spot. It just stated, the amount of money in the account, the average over 12 months and when the account was opened. They signed and notarized it on the spot (it was also free). He should be able to get one no problem.

Ok, I'm slow, so lets explain this to me. What the heck is a W2? Is it ok if we have tax transcripts instead of W2's? My fiance says the transcript has a lot more information on it then a W2 does, so I'm guessing yes? Should we do tax transcripts AND W2's or am I just going overboard at this point?... He makes above the poverty line, so that's not a problem but its not WAY over, so they might want more info from someone like me? Gah. Now I feel bad for asking him to order all those transcripts :lol:

A W2 is the same as a T4 in Canada - It's just an official statement of how much he earned at his job that is used for the taxes. The tax transcripts are even better.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

See that is not fair because my fiance used to make good money but he is back to school this year so we need a co-sponsor.

We dont need one because I do have a very large sum of money on a saving account and that doesn't even count :(

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

See that is not fair because my fiance used to make good money but he is back to school this year so we need a co-sponsor.

We dont need one because I do have a very large sum of money on a saving account and that doesn't even count :(

I think it's pretty fair. He is financially responsible for you when you move. If he has no income and you blow through your savings and can't find a job then what? I know that's the worst-case scenario - but that's what they are referring to, the worst-case scenarios and they are just covering their butts so that they don't have thousands of people looking for governemnt assistance.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I'm not saying it's bad, it was ironic!! I know they want to cover their butts and that is totally normal someone has to be financially responsible for me, I just wish we could use my savings as financial evidence as well. I know we can't, I was just saying...

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Yeah, My sweetie just called me at work. He said he didn't sleep a wink worried about getting the letter from the bank. So he called them first thing this morning, and they had it ready for him at lunch time. They charged him $16.00 for the letter, and then when he got to the post office the soonest they could get it to me is 5 business days and they charged him $26.00. Talk about an expensive letter! Oh well, I should get it by Wednesday next week.

Now its just picking up the express post envelope for Montreal and photos to get done and I will be all ready.

:D

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.