SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to say that Im so very excited that my packet 3 was logged in today.

We are now officially waiting for an interview. kicking.gif

Exactly 6 months after sending our petition.

Yeah! I am SOOO waiting for the next wave of interview dates to come through like it did in late January. Sigh!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah! I am SOOO waiting for the next wave of interview dates to come through like it did in late January. Sigh!

: ) yeah... Im just very excited right now, so Im cool with waiting a little more ... I was getting worried there would be another mass scheduling before I got a chance to get logged in.

I get the feeling it should be coming up soon.

the last one was Jan 19-20 I believe, and the one before that, Oct. 19th...

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Just wanted to say that Im so very excited that my packet 3 was logged in today.

We are now officially waiting for an interview. kicking.gif

Exactly 6 months after sending our petition.

That means ours should be logged, too, since we sent ours in a few weeks before yours.

I feel a little weird, though. Did anyone else not spend all their time calling DOS? I haven't called once during this whole process (NVC, DOS, etc..) I guess I feel if I call it'll just drive me batty waiting for it, and there's enough going on to drive me batty right now. I do hope for an interview date, soon, though. I'm just trying to focus on school and getting ready for another summer in Canada. God, I can't wait until May...

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Woohooo I just got my packet 3!!

I told my fiancé to call DoS today.. He did like 30 minutes ago, and texted me back saying Montreal received my I-129f on march 11th, and they sent the packet 3 on march 12th.. As i got that news, i told my mom.. and at the same time she saw the packet 3 in the mail. I'm making my fiancé work so much for nothing sometimes :whistle: hehe.

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Should i call right away for a medical examination?

The panel physician will have the forms to complete right?

How long does it take to get an appointment?

I'm gonna call Medisys in Montreal i think

event.png

Timeline

My packet was logged the 3rd of February, so i am hoping they are on the every two month schedule. Got my fingers crossed they'll be doing it in the next week. I've been pretty good but the waiting lately is making me crazy/cranky. (:

Timeline

My packet was logged the 3rd of February, so i am hoping they are on the every two month schedule. Got my fingers crossed they'll be doing it in the next week. I've been pretty good but the waiting lately is making me crazy/cranky. (:

Hey Bevie!! Long time no see! :)

February 3rd, huh? Geez I would be getting impatient too!

I hope they schedule all of us soon... Im saying I dont mind waiting a little longer today... but Im sure that will wear off soon enough! hehe!

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

Personally I'll wait until I get my interview date to book the medical... I think that's what most people do in Montreal.

I dont think there is much of a wait to get an appointment.

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, congratulations on receiving the Packet-3! I know it is very exciting!

You can call and schedule it after you send your packet-3 out, because it usually might take a 2-4 months (considering the wait time periods now at Montreal) for your interview. Some people on here would also advise you to schedule your medical after you get your interview date but the results are valid for a year so I think you should schedule it once you send your packet-3 out.

What forms are you taking about? You will have to carry your immunization records and your Packet-3 letter. They will ask you to sign a few forms.

It depends, maybe a couple of weeks!

Hope this helps!

KnR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

as soon as i got my p3 in december i called for my medical appointment and had to wait a month for it. but that was in toronto. right after my medical i called dos and found out my interview date.

so for me roughly one month from sending back p3 i got my interview date. Montreal officially logged in the packet around jan 10'th and by jan 25 i had my date.

HWDWm6.png

Thanks for the reply! Very useful!!

As i was reading the papers, i saw that i need to provide an Evidence of domicile... Do i need to do that for the K-1 Visa? I read somewhere it's not useful for the K-1?

Thanks y'all :)

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for the reply! Very useful!!

As i was reading the papers, i saw that i need to provide an Evidence of domicile... Do i need to do that for the K-1 Visa? I read somewhere it's not useful for the K-1?

Evidence of domicile is mostly pertinent to the CR-1/IR-1 visas (immigrant visas). However, your fiance will have to send you the employment pay stubs and tax returns which, in a way, will cover the domicile criteria.

Thanks y'all :)

KnR

Ohhh thanks!!

And i have one more question :blush: hehe

When i want to file the DS-160, it is asking me for a picture.. do i really need to go take my passport type pictures already and upload it?

event.png

Timeline

Ohhh thanks!!

And i have one more question :blush: hehe

When i want to file the DS-160, it is asking me for a picture.. do i really need to go take my passport type pictures already and upload it?

I tried to upload it but it wouldn't upload as it said my picture didn't meet the required specifications. So I will be taking 3-4 passport pictures with me to the interview. But I think you might have to try to upload it, if it doesn't allow, then you can move on to the next page. But make sure you carry ample pictures with you at the time of your interview.

Cheers,

KnR

Yeah i don't have these pictures yet.. i thought i could wait to take them. I'll just complete the application and have them for the interview!

Thanks for answering my questions so fast!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.