SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Kizza, I think you are kind of confused in terms of Montreal "logging you into their system".

This is how things go about:

NVC will send your file to the MTL consulate, but the NVC will give you your Montreal case # (MTL-**********). Once Montreal receives your file, they will send you the P-3 (might take 2-3 weeks after Montreal receives your case). Once you send back the P-3 forms, this is when you need to call DOS (Department of State) and they will inform you whether Montreal has received your P-3 and logged you into their system

I hope this helps!!!

KnR aka slider100

Ahhhhh! Thanks for clearing that up! lol

So they won't tell me when they enter me in the database before they send me the packet 3?

Because even though NVC said they transferred my case 2 weeks ago, when I call DOS, they say Montreal hasnt received it. So this is normal?

Basically I thought I'd get "logged" twice, once when they got my file and first entered me in their database, and again when I'd returned Packet 3.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well lets put it this way, NVC when they transfer your case to Montreal, they give you the Montreal case #. This means that you are already in the system. The consulate, upon receiving the P-3 from you, will log your packet information into the system which will enable you to qualify for an interview.

As far as tracking your file goes (that is from NVC-Montreal), NVC might say that the file has been dispatched for Montreal but it might have even left a week after. The backlog in Montreal doesn't make things either. However, the consular staff has been working extremely hard to get things through for everyone so that's a plus.

Keep on calling DOS and hopefully by next week, you should hear some good news.

Good luck Kizza!!!

KnR aka slider100

Okay, so I'm a little curious now. How do they feel about the USC calling to inquire about P3 being logged and such? Have any of you other USC's done it? Fiance is so busy lately, and I'm kind of just sitting here stewing over it all the time, so I figured I'd do the calling (yay free calls to Canada!) and the inquiring, if possible, though I did plan to wait a couple weeks, hehe.

Inquiring minds want to know!! :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

My husband (the USC) called and asked if it was logged.

They told him with no problems, so I don't think you'd have problems.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

My husband (the USC) called and asked if it was logged.

They told him with no problems, so I don't think you'd have problems.

Ah, thanks! :D

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is a way to tell if they physically received the packet from the NVC, you can use dhl tracking. based on or around the date that nvc sent out your case. from that day it took another week or so for it to be input into the system that it was logged.

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

you would type in EXP 15 FEB 2010A today . adjust the dates based on when your nvc says they sent out your packet.

You will surely notice your packet among the ones going to the different embassies around the world.... just look for the ones going to montreal. mine was 3lbs.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance' scheduled his medical exam for April 7 and I just called the DOS and they say that his packet 3 materials are not showing in the computer yet. The packet 3 materials were delivered on Feb. 19. Hopefully by next Friday Montreal will have opened our packet 3 materials. Come on Montreal, make our dreams come true!

Timeline
My fiance' scheduled his medical exam for April 7 and I just called the DOS and they say that his packet 3 materials are not showing in the computer yet. The packet 3 materials were delivered on Feb. 19. Hopefully by next Friday Montreal will have opened our packet 3 materials. Come on Montreal, make our dreams come true!

Your medical is good for a year, so I wouldn't worry. However, I remember reading that if your medical expires within so many months you have to get it redone for AOS. Or something like that. Definitely something to do with AOS and getting medical redone if you did it really early, LOL. I'm such a scatterbrain.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay, so I'm a little curious now. How do they feel about the USC calling to inquire about P3 being logged and such? Have any of you other USC's done it? Fiance is so busy lately, and I'm kind of just sitting here stewing over it all the time, so I figured I'd do the calling (yay free calls to Canada!) and the inquiring, if possible, though I did plan to wait a couple weeks, hehe.

Inquiring minds want to know!! :)

They'll ask you if you are the petitioner or the beneficiary when you call. Also the number is a US number (DC area code I believe) because you are calling the Department of State, not Montreal directly!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
Your medical is good for a year, so I wouldn't worry. However, I remember reading that if your medical expires within so many months you have to get it redone for AOS. Or something like that. Definitely something to do with AOS and getting medical redone if you did it really early, LOL. I'm such a scatterbrain.

Once we have our interview date we will start filling out the AOS documents so that once we are married we will apply for AOS right away (and hopefully that is July 11, 2010). In Michigan, I believe that our marriage certificate is the object we sign right after the wedding and it is official for name changes, etc, so we will just make a photocopy at the church, put it in the envelope with all the other AOS documents and put it in the mailbox right outside the church as we drive to the reception. That is our plan, I guess we will see how it works out...I just got my tax return with enough cash to cover the AOS and it is saved away for that purpose.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Ok.. I see Montreal is really busy these days! An average of 5 months of waiting from getting NOA2 until the interview. Does anybody know if Montreal is trying to speed up a little? I got my NOA2 on feb.26th 2010 and i'm trying to guess when will be my interview! (so i can find a temporary job until i really get the Visa, and to try to plan some other stuff too!) Thanks!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline
you hae to make sure you h ave p3 for your medical or they wont even let you in. hope you get it before then.

My fiance' has the packet 3 letter already so he has what he needs for the medical, thankfully. He just got his immunization records cleared up and written out by his doctor to take with him to the medical so now he just has to wait for the date.

Ok.. I see Montreal is really busy these days! An average of 5 months of waiting from getting NOA2 until the interview. Does anybody know if Montreal is trying to speed up a little? I got my NOA2 on feb.26th 2010 and i'm trying to guess when will be my interview! (so i can find a temporary job until i really get the Visa, and to try to plan some other stuff too!) Thanks!

After looking at recent Montreal approvals, it seems it is taking at least 4 months from NOA2 date until interview date. I would definitely plan on keeping your job for 6 months or more because until you have the visa in hand the U.S. government actually says, "Don't quit your job, break your lease, sell your belongings to move." It took 14 days for the petition to make it from California to the NVC, then from NVC to Montreal. It then took another 22 days to get packet 3 from Montreal. I had called on the day I expected my fiance would receive packet 3 and was told it was mailed about 10 days earlier (think it sat in the mailroom for awhile). Tomorrow I am going to call again to see if Montreal has opened up packet 3 (it was delivered to the Consulate's mailbox via expressPost 16 days ago). I am hoping my fiance' gets an interview in late May early June but more likely middle to late June. Good luck on the waiting.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I was taking a look at form ds-160 and Im off to a bad start.

Step 1) Select the location where you will be submitting your application:

Montreal doesnt appear in the scroll down menu.

Toronto & Vancouver are in there... but not Montreal.

Is this a new glitch? Anybody's had this problem?

Ive been searching the forum trying to see if this problem has been brought up before but I didnt find anything.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Just tried the form for you... That must be some mistake, especially considering that there is no Consulate in Toronto that handles these applications.

But I agree, I only see Toronto and Vancouver as options for Canada... Odd.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.