SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

I also thought it would be November, which would have been perfect. :( I want to quit at the end of December, but also want to work as late as possible leading up to the move.

When I say immediately, I guess it just depends on when my interview is. If it doesn't end up being until January, then yes, I mean IMMEDIATELY. Like within a couple days. I still really want to try to get married January 10th (or 23rd as a backup). My fiance is going to come with me to the interview, and also wants to be here to help me move... he won't be able to get that much time off work if we don't coordinate them both to be within a few days of each other (again which would make November even better, cause he could make 2 separate smaller trips spaced apart... sigh!).

I'd like to a) avoid as much winter as possible, and B ) can't really quit until after Christmas because that's our busy season at work, plus covering all the holidays, and don't want to quit then and burn any bridges. lol

Anyways.... what I mean is, even if I find out when my interview is a month in advance, I'm not sure I want to give my notice right away, because what if I fail the interview and get rejected? Then, not only can I not move to the U.S., but I've lost my job. lol I'm also out of a place to live at the end of January, since my roommates are going to have a baby in February and need my room.... :wacko:

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filled out pkt 3 & it's going in the mail tomorrow....then you can add me to the "waiting for an interview" list, hehe.

Booked my medical in Toronto....Oct 26th. Anyone else there that day???

Hope someone on here has some good news to share(interview date) soon.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Filled out pkt 3 & it's going in the mail tomorrow....then you can add me to the "waiting for an interview" list, hehe.

Booked my medical in Toronto....Oct 26th. Anyone else there that day???

Hope someone on here has some good news to share(interview date) soon.

YEA!!! Congrats on getting that ####### sent off! :thumbs:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

I dont know if I'm jumping too far ahead, but I'm already done all the paperwork on the P3 list and I havnt even gotten P3 yet... haha.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I dont know if I'm jumping too far ahead, but I'm already done all the paperwork on the P3 list and I havnt even gotten P3 yet... haha.

Nah, I was the same way, sent mine out the same day I got it, within an hour. :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
When I say immediately, I guess it just depends on when my interview is. If it doesn't end up being until January, then yes, I mean IMMEDIATELY. Like within a couple days. I still really want to try to get married January 10th (or 23rd as a backup). My fiance is going to come with me to the interview, and also wants to be here to help me move... he won't be able to get that much time off work if we don't coordinate them both to be within a few days of each other (again which would make November even better, cause he could make 2 separate smaller trips spaced apart... sigh!).

I'd like to a) avoid as much winter as possible, and B ) can't really quit until after Christmas because that's our busy season at work, plus covering all the holidays, and don't want to quit then and burn any bridges. lol

I was hoping for an october interview, looks like the chances of this are slim.. i've given notice for my apartment, but only because i had a backup plan (parents), except that this is complicated due to cats (parents won't let me bring cats); like you, fiance wants to come to interview and also help me move, and with limited time off, it may end up being all buggered.. plus the added wrinkle that we considered him taking my cats down before I get my visa -- but it appears that since none of my property can go before me (as i've been reading on these forums), that's buggered too.

so. yeah. making the move, deep in winter.. yeah that sounds lovely : P

I have this silly imagination that believes it's still possible to have a mid/third week interview in october and get the visa in time to boot it with few days into november, at worst.

I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. [rinse and repeat]

:whistle:

Timeline

I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will not drive myself crazy. I will drive myself crazy. I will drive myself crazy. I will drive myself crazy. I will drive myself crazy.

Crud it didnt work...lol.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I drove myself crazy from the beginning. Haha.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

While we're on the subject of when to quit because of our little visa situation, here's my story. It always seems that I learn my lessons the hard way. I initially wanted to leave my company in August because I wanted to go visit my fiance for a couple of months while waiting out this process. Then I backed out of that plan because of the possibility of being denied at the border. I tried to take my job back at least until December but my company has already found someone to replace me. I think I was trying to be a little too honest and so now I'll be out of a job in early October.

Oh well, I guess I'll consider this a 3 month vacation (if I don't find temporary employment).

Anyway, just wanted to share, and if you had a choice, don't do what I did....

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Something similar happened to me Tina, so don't feel too bad. I thought I would give work 3+ weeks notice, to be nice and help them replace me. Well my boss was soo angry with me, for no reason really... I was 21, just graduating from university and working at Tim Hortons. Long story short, I didn't get a single shift for my last 3 weeks, and I planned on quitting 2 weeks before the move so I had time to pack and say goodbyes... So I ended up unemployed for 5 weeks unnecessarily. Thats what we get for being nice honest people right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I did all of the P3 in April and gave it to him on one of his visits. He got his P3 on Thursday, and I am going nuts (very privately in my own head) because it is Wednesday and he STILL has not mailed it off yet!

I wish I was there to look over everything and mail it for him.

Men!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline
Something similar happened to me Tina, so don't feel too bad. I thought I would give work 3+ weeks notice, to be nice and help them replace me. Well my boss was soo angry with me, for no reason really... I was 21, just graduating from university and working at Tim Hortons. Long story short, I didn't get a single shift for my last 3 weeks, and I planned on quitting 2 weeks before the move so I had time to pack and say goodbyes... So I ended up unemployed for 5 weeks unnecessarily. Thats what we get for being nice honest people right?

Yeah, I know...my boss was nice about it when I told her. I think I told her my fiance and I were getting married in April and then possibly leaving the company in August. My fiance and I discussed it and he said that I should be nice, so I gave her about 4 months notice!

When I went back to her and said around December (this was around June), she asked me if I was certain and I said I wasn't sure.

I think it was the uncertainty of that response that made her feel that she had to hire someone before then.

So the new girl started on August 31, and I've been training her and filling in for a colleague of mine.

Anyway, yes, long story short, it's good to be nice to an employer but at the end of day, everyone thinks of him/herself.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

I did all of the P3 in April and gave it to him on one of his visits. He got his P3 on Thursday, and I am going nuts (very privately in my own head) because it is Wednesday and he STILL has not mailed it off yet!

Men!

:lol: Thats cute!!

I love how our relationship is so opposite. When I got my packet 3 I came down to visit him with it so he could help me with all the paperwork, I get frusterated and confused way to easy :blush:

Timeline

Men!

:lol: Thats cute!!

I love how our relationship is so opposite. When I got my packet 3 I came down to visit him with it so he could help me with all the paperwork, I get frusterated and confused way to easy :blush:

Lol. I've filled out every form for the whole thing because he gets confused and then ignores it...so i filled it all in, his support document i was like, all you have to do is put the company address in, print and sign it. At least that way it got done :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
plus the added wrinkle that we considered him taking my cats down before I get my visa -- but it appears that since none of my property can go before me (as i've been reading on these forums), that's buggered too.

Hi KnJ,

There should be no problem with your fiance taking your cats down to their new digs before you move :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.