rsn

Fiancee's address on G325A and I-129F forms

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello. I'm struggling to figure out what address to list for my fiancee on the I-129F and G325A (and other related documents). She has an apartment now, but she may or may not change apartments after we have filed the I-129F. Also, it is apparently not easy to find her current apartment (or for that matter, many addresses in Thailand). We thought about listing her sister's home as her address (since her sister owns a house & lives in the same city) to ensure she gets anything mailed to her during this process. Is that indeed what we should do?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Hello. I'm struggling to figure out what address to list for my fiancee on the I-129F and G325A (and other related documents). She has an apartment now, but she may or may not change apartments after we have filed the I-129F. Also, it is apparently not easy to find her current apartment (or for that matter, many addresses in Thailand). We thought about listing her sister's home as her address (since her sister owns a house & lives in the same city) to ensure she gets anything mailed to her during this process. Is that indeed what we should do?

My DIL was in a similar situation. We listed her family home as her address on the I-130 and I-129F. She'd been a college student for several years. On the G325A we put wherever she happened to be living. At the embassy stage we changed her address to a nearby secure one for mailing purposes only, and indicated that her permanent address was still that of her family home. Her home is about 18 hours away from where she was temporarily residing, so it was not practical for her to receive packets three and four there. The Bangkok Embassy was very responsive to our email in that instance.

If you think things will be unclear, attach an explanation. In the case of address issues, it might not hurt to put it on the top of the packet. Mailing and residence addresses don't have to be the same. You can simply say "receives mail only at_________." There is a reason they ask for the address to be printed in the local language.

My son just got an anniversary card he sent his wife returned. He forgot to write "Thailand" on it. Fortunately he sent her three.

Thai Mom

Edited by Thai family

Timeline

All Thai are registered at some address. It seems common for them to maintain their registration at their parents' address, even if they currently live elsewhere. Each household will have a paper that lists all members of the household. I recommend that she use whatever address she is registered at.

I cannot remember precisely where I read it. Either for the interview or for the police clearance, they ask that she bring this along as proof of identity/residence.

Timeline

Looking at the forms again, it's not clear what address they will use to send mail to. Does anyone know the answer to this one? Is it the most recent address listed in "Applicant's residence last 5 years" or "Applicant's last address outside the U.S. for more than one year" or the address at the top of the letter of intent or something else?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Looking at the forms again, it's not clear what address they will use to send mail to. Does anyone know the answer to this one? Is it the most recent address listed in "Applicant's residence last 5 years" or "Applicant's last address outside the U.S. for more than one year" or the address at the top of the letter of intent or something else?

There's no reason why all those addresses can't be exactly the same.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

In this case, there is. "Applicant's last address outside the U.S. for more than one year" is her ex's address - she doesn't live there any more and it would probably be a bad thing for any visa-related mail to show up there. Her current address is an apartment that, trust me, is hard to find even for postal workers and on top of that she might move to a new apartment after the forms are filed, so we want to make sure we know what address visa-related mail will be sent to so we can make sure that address is her parent's address since that is the only address where she is 100% sure she can receive mail throughout the whole process. She hasn't lived at her parent's place in well over 5 years though, so it doesn't fall into any of the address categories listed on the G-325A form.

Timeline

In this case, there is. "Applicant's last address outside the U.S. for more than one year" is her ex's address - she doesn't live there any more and it would probably be a bad thing for any visa-related mail to show up there. Her current address is an apartment that, trust me, is hard to find even for postal workers and on top of that she might move to a new apartment after the forms are filed, so we want to make sure we know what address visa-related mail will be sent to so we can make sure that address is her parent's address since that is the only address where she is 100% sure she can receive mail throughout the whole process. She hasn't lived at her parent's place in well over 5 years though, so it doesn't fall into any of the address categories listed on the G-325A form.

Her last address outside the US is her current address. The wording can be confusing but what it means is they only want an answer if outside the US more than a year, not and address she used for at least a year.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Her last address outside the US is her current address. The wording can be confusing but what it means is they only want an answer if outside the US more than a year, not and address she used for at least a year.

Ok, thanks for this clarification. This makes sense. However, I'm still wondering which address they use as her mailing address. The address she resides at cannot necessarily be used as her mailing address.

Timeline

Ok, thanks for this clarification. This makes sense. However, I'm still wondering which address they use as her mailing address. The address she resides at cannot necessarily be used as her mailing address.

We're going in circles. The address they're looking for is her mailing address. If her "permanent address" is with her parents, then that's her current address for everything "current".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
If her "permanent address" is with her parents, then that's her current address for everything "current".

That's the piece I was missing/misunderstanding. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My DIL was in a similar situation. We listed her family home as her address on the I-130 and I-129F. She'd been a college student for several years. On the G325A we put wherever she happened to be living. At the embassy stage we changed her address to a nearby secure one for mailing purposes only, and indicated that her permanent address was still that of her family home. Her home is about 18 hours away from where she was temporarily residing, so it was not practical for her to receive packets three and four there. The Bangkok Embassy was very responsive to our email in that instance.

If you think things will be unclear, attach an explanation. In the case of address issues, it might not hurt to put it on the top of the packet. Mailing and residence addresses don't have to be the same. You can simply say "receives mail only at_________." There is a reason they ask for the address to be printed in the local language.

My son just got an anniversary card he sent his wife returned. He forgot to write "Thailand" on it. Fortunately he sent her three.

Thai Mom

Thai mom,

How did you do that? I was about to email the embassy to ask how to change my husbands mailing address once they are ready to send the packets to him. But, I decided to search here first.

Were you able to just contact them and let them know about the correct mailing address?

There arent "numbered street addresses" in the area where my husband lives...so the forms said his street name but no numbered address.

Thanks so much, if anyone can answer :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.