K1 Sponsor

Interviews - how many times she does need?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please answer me how many interviews does the Consulate Officer need before they can issue my fiancee a visa?

I petitioned my fiancee from Vietnam in March 2007, got the first interview in Oct 2007.

Got rejected with a blue slip, with the help from lawyer M.E. got another interview in Oct 2008. That is waiting about 1 year to get the second interview. All the paper works and documents were expired, my fiancee has to redo it. After the second interview, they returned the previous items showing the support of the relationships such as pictures and other stuffs that they don't need. They only keep the documents. Now that my fiancee handed all the necessary documents i.e. health, flu shot, DS156 etc, whatever listed in the blue slip in the second interview. Now, they didn't give her any more trouble, no more blue slip or anything like that. They are not rejected any more. They told my fiancee to go home and wait for another interview.

What is there to interview again? Omg, consulate officer has so much time on their hand. I wonder how many interviews does she have to go through? My cas has been almost 2 years already... Fiancee in vn doesn't do anything, such a waste of time and life...

Can someone tell me what is the wait time between the second and third interview? Will they ask for more evidence during the third interview? Why did they return the supporting evidence? I am so disappointed how the consulate works in Vietnam. I don't know what else to do other then wait, wait and more wait ... Omg, life is too short to wait. Please god, consulate officer in Vn help me out !!!! We have been suffering enough this path of life.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Please answer me how many interviews does the Consulate Officer need before they can issue my fiancee a visa?

I petitioned my fiancee from Vietnam in March 2007, got the first interview in Oct 2007.

Got rejected with a blue slip, with the help from lawyer M.E. got another interview in Oct 2008. That is waiting about 1 year to get the second interview. All the paper works and documents were expired, my fiancee has to redo it. After the second interview, they returned the previous items showing the support of the relationships such as pictures and other stuffs that they don't need. They only keep the documents. Now that my fiancee handed all the necessary documents i.e. health, flu shot, DS156 etc, whatever listed in the blue slip in the second interview. Now, they didn't give her any more trouble, no more blue slip or anything like that. They are not rejected any more. They told my fiancee to go home and wait for another interview.

What is there to interview again? Omg, consulate officer has so much time on their hand. I wonder how many interviews does she have to go through? My cas has been almost 2 years already... Fiancee in vn doesn't do anything, such a waste of time and life...

Can someone tell me what is the wait time between the second and third interview? Will they ask for more evidence during the third interview? Why did they return the supporting evidence? I am so disappointed how the consulate works in Vietnam. I don't know what else to do other then wait, wait and more wait ... Omg, life is too short to wait. Please god, consulate officer in Vn help me out !!!! We have been suffering enough this path of life.

It certainly is an odd situation. What was the reason for the first rejection? Is there a big age difference? What is your status in the U.S.?

Timeline

quote]

It certainly is an odd situation. What was the reason for the first rejection? Is there a big age difference? What is your status in the U.S.?

First rejection -- Consulate has doubt that my relationship was fake. Didn't provide enough evidence. After 1 yr, we have provided enough evidence... No more doubt. It is about 10 yrs diff. She is in her early 20's, I am in my early 30's. Is this a big diff? I am a U.S. citizen since Dec 1998. I have an IT job in the last 10 years after college.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I can't offer specific advice about your case, but in answer to your larger question: the consulates can operate in just about any manner they want, with no accountability. See my signature below for what happened to us. If there is true mistreatment, the only recourse is to file an after-visa complaint with the Dept. of State and with the Consul General of your embassy.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Unfortunately all you can do is wait. It really doesn't seem fair, I know because I am in the same situation. If you still have Marc representing you ask him what your options are. Chances are he will tell you that you just have to be patient and wait for an answer from the consulate. They may send your fiancee a letter stating that her petition had been approved and to come and pick up her visa.

Best of luck

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

Thanks guys for your replies....

I guess I am just hopelessly and helplessly wait, wait and more wait... We all know that life is too short to wait in this path of life... Oh well, what can I do here? I just hope that God will punish all those ppl that mis-treat other ppl.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Thanks guys for your replies....

I guess I am just hopelessly and helplessly wait, wait and more wait... We all know that life is too short to wait in this path of life... Oh well, what can I do here? I just hope that God will punish all those ppl that mis-treat other ppl.

Believe me, I know the feeling all to well having to wait not knowing what fait lies ahead. Every single day is a struggle not being together. Try and keep your heads up and you will both prevail.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Guys,

No more waiting for me and my fiancee. She got her visa 3 days ago. There was no 3rd interview needed. After she turned in the health and clean criminal record, 2 weeks later they called her in to do the visa. We are extremely happy about it now. I am planning my trip to pick her up soon... Thanks god, 2 years waiting and with the help of an atterney Marc Ellis.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.