Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i can't wait to get pregnant , well i can wait but i sometimes feel anxious thinking that i will some day be preggers with or without big nose and thighs.

jakeswife

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
westmorelandlove i admire your spirit and your ability to take comfort in god at this time. it seems that bitterness did not overcome you because your perspective about life and even jamaica is still a positive one.

jakeswife

I agree :thumbs:

Timeline

speaking of big noses, i was having a debate with my coworkers who are white that black women, most of the ones that i know, myself included when i was pregnant my nose went halfway across my face, and when i had my son, it went back to normal, this happened with both babies, but they swear a persons nose cant stretch...LOL>> i tell them its a black thang....

jakes wife, im with you, i cant wait to have another child, this time with my SO, i thought i was done, as indicated by the wired grey hair that will not lay down with all the gel in the world sticking off the side of my head but heck i still got a little time, im only 36...:lol:

Timeline

Finally was able to catch up....too many things to quote so i decided to just finish reading up and what i remembered I will post later...

First i want to say to JALOVE that I hope everything is ok and she has a speedy recovery...My nephew had a seizure when he was 2yrs old and it was the scariest thing to every witness so my heart goes out to her hubby and her fam...i know how they are feeling right now...

My hubby has a high school diploma but his books were not his priority at that time...he is not really a strong reader or writer so he is taking some adult classes to help build up his reading and writing skills...once he gets up here he wants to continue education and get his GED...and depending on how he feels after the GED he will decide if he want to continue college or just learn a trade...it will be what he decides...i will advise him along the way if he has any questions...I am here to support...he is very ambitious so i have a lot of faith in him... :D

Me and my husband already decided about the whole prep thing when it comes to interview...my hubby is very shy and gets nervous in front of people easily so i would need to help him get over that nervousness....

I lived in the Bronx all 28 years of my life in the same zip code....and i honestly can admit that i know almost no one... :bonk: ...but where i live is mostly a JA community so people here will say goodmorning to you and goodnight and things like that...when it is summertime we have some people blasting their car radio with JA tunes and we have a lot of JA clubs in my area...i don't really go to any unless its someone I know throwing it but once hubby comes down if he wants to go to a few i wouldn't mind taking him...there is violence of course but it just depends on the crowd you follow...I like my neighborhood and I don't think i will move anytime soon and I know my husband will fit right in...

I don't really have a long drawn out comment about the whole white and black thing because it doesn't bother me, it doesn't concern me and i really could care less....I have my own relationship to focus on.... ;)

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
i can't wait to get pregnant , well i can wait but i sometimes feel anxious thinking that i will some day be preggers with or without big nose and thighs.

jakeswife

wahaa! Who mention big nose?! That runs in my fam when folks get pregnant. I dont know what I'ma look like when my time comes.

speaking of big noses, i was having a debate with my coworkers who are white that black women, most of the ones that i know, myself included when i was pregnant my nose went halfway across my face, and when i had my son, it went back to normal, this happened with both babies, but they swear a persons nose cant stretch...LOL>> i tell them its a black thang....

jakes wife, im with you, i cant wait to have another child, this time with my SO, i thought i was done, as indicated by the wired grey hair that will not lay down with all the gel in the world sticking off the side of my head but heck i still got a little time, im only 36... :lol:

I really think this is true. Most Black women I know this happens to. Some Samoan and Hawaiian too.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

j gay.. i just skimmed and saw somewhere that u got ur interview date.. now I see its on your timeline.. been a long time coming luv.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I know u cried cried cried when u found out LOL

Honey cmon down here to TX.. I like living here although Jay, i don't know many neighbors either.. I don't think its my neighbors as much as its me.. I kind of stay to myself..I am thinking of moving to FL maybe, RG really wants to live there.. Honey why did u not like the idea of Fl too much?? i heard property taxes are high.. houses here are much cheaper but I think I won't find cheaper ANYWHERE else so i might as well quit looking at that..

ok..gotta go.. have a good night yaadies!!!

Filed: Timeline
WESTMORELANDLOVE.

hi i am from westmoreland so it's interesting to see that name on here. you said earlier that we know your story but i am in the dark about your journey. i am not asking you to relive the uncomfortable moments if there's any but i just want to get an understanding about your story if that's ok with you.

jakeswife

No problem jakeswife - I'm not from Westmoreland - my ex was. As far as my story just click on my name and there you will be able to read my post.

I had to get over the outcome of "my journey" because everytime I thought about my outcome I became angry. I was told that he/she who angrys you, controls you. And that's the last thing I want.

Pam

My grandmother told me that many, many years ago. And you must forgive yourself first, then forgive the one that hurts you.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Lita, im telling you, when im pregnant my nose gets pregnant too... not a good look... makes me look like im swollen from head to toe...LMAO

Hey lawny, quana, pecky, sjb, nelly , jgay and again lita ( waving)

Timeline

quana, im not hurricane equipped, i think i would die of an anxiety attack... here in michigan all i know is ice and snowstorms and then warmth and sunshine, that is the only two seasons we have here, snow, snow and snow and then about one month of summer...LOL

Filed: Timeline
Hey Lawny. Did you, Marcel and Auri have fun today?

Yes, we did. They have more plans for tomorrow. I'm going to vote and go to work. Misch, wants to do an American restaurant, that's cool as long as they have chicken or fish Marcel won't touch redmeat or pork.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I am going very early tomorrow. I dont' think it will be as bad as they are predicting. But, if it is, I get up to 3 hours of paid time off to vote, so I'm not too worried. Did you see the lines to absentee ballot? Looked like 1/2 the city anyhow. I would not recommend waiting till the last minute, no matter what. I think a lot will go after work.

I dont think my polling place will be crazy tomorrow either. I mean theres a poll on like every other block. But here in LA they had early voting all weekend...why were people in line for almost 5 hours!! I was thinking...why dont they just wait and go to their own polling place on Tuesday...guaranteed smaller lines. But some folks said they were gonna be outa town tuesday and what not so they went early.

Lita, im telling you, when im pregnant my nose gets pregnant too... not a good look... makes me look like im swollen from head to toe...LMAO

Hey lawny, quana, pecky, sjb, nelly , jgay and again lita ( waving)

Its funny to see Black women on tv too when they get pregnant. You know how they try to hide the belly all cleverly and stuff, but in they face its full blown swollen. I remember the mom on Cosby Show and the mom on My Wife and Kids...it was a hot mess!! :rofl:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.