SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, i need someone on here who can tell me about resale shops, as JG mentioned. I am sorting thru my clothes and my kids clothes for this move and am really too lazy at this point and time to lug them to Gooodwill, since the dumptster is closer, but with a resale shop what happens, if someone buys what you brought in you get a portion of the money????

Exactly, honey.

Please don't throw them away. Worse case, do you have those funny little house looking things around where people can donate clothes and shoes?

If ther are any really nice, officey looking stuff, do you have a place that helps women on welfare or just out of prison? We have a place that trains women in various jobs and in the end, finds them a job. They usually take them to these places that have donated clothes and let them pick out work wardrobes.

Surely, you can find someone who can pass the clothes on to someone who is in need.

Good morning ALL

I really miss everyone here and all the girl talk!

last night i started crying b/c i really wanted to be in JA wit Ryon.

my Meghan works at Plato Closet, a resale store - the pay about 30 percent for your items. ie, jeans that cost $80, they will only pay like $18 to you for resale and resale for $45.

I am headed to the mall to xmas shop and keep busy so i will not think about Jamaica....Have a wonderful day, it is so cold in Chicago today

Hmmmm....interesting. The Plato's Closet by me had no items for sale over $15. I got some amazing deals on a few things.

Please help! I feel like I'm running a restaurant here. My husband won't eat what my son likes and my son won't eat what my husband likes. Most nights I'm cooking 2 different things. The only thing the both of them will eat is fried chicken and festival which I don't like to cook more than once every few weeks cuz it is so unhealthy. Anybody else have this problem? You wouldn't believe how much we spend on food. Anybody else have this problem? Wha mi fi do?

We have a bit of the same thing here. Hubby cooks what he knows we all like and everyone either eats it or starves. I'm not a fast food restaurant and I refuse to be.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Oh, what a day today.

Hubby's been watching too many home design shows cause he decided he wanted to redo the bathroom. I'm tired of the tropical look in there, so I was okay with it. Remember how I said, next time I decide to go shopping with him, someone slap me? Where was everyone???????? An hour and a half in Target and almost an hour in Home Depot later, we had everything for him to do the bathroom. Of course, it has to be done on the first coat and everything put in there before it's even dry. Yes, he is going to be doing some touch up work tomorrow. It's actually really pretty. He did a really nice job.

I now shudder to think of what he said as he was leaving for work.....the kitchen is next. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I baked cookies almost all day.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow jomo~

what color?

new accessories?

new theme?

talk to me- my mom had surgery this week so ive been chilling with her, and let me tell you i am in HGTV over-freaking-load

:wacko:

she's too looped up on meds to realize we watched the episode already, yet~ she still wants to watch it again. God bless moms!

Timeline
wow jomo~

what color?

new accessories?

new theme?

talk to me- my mom had surgery this week so ive been chilling with her, and let me tell you i am in HGTV over-freaking-load

:wacko:

she's too looped up on meds to realize we watched the episode already, yet~ she still wants to watch it again. God bless moms!

Well, we went to decide between monkeys (you know our fascination) or penguins (his fascination only). I was sort of up for the black and white bathroom. We bounced from those to palm trees to black to three kinds of brown.....walked around Target for way too long. In the end, we painted the walls a very bright white semi gloss. He put a few palm tress on the tiles around the bathroom. A medium brown rug, toilet rug, hamper, trash can, and a darker brown awesome sueded shower curtain that has these really nice cut outs on it.

I had these paintings I got in JA in there before and I just loved them....kind of comic scenes of a funny guy playing the guitar and one where a little girl is about to drop a coconut on his head. Those had to go down to the basement for a while. He bought these brown and tan square plates with what look like chinese flowering plants on them. He's got this plan to hang them on the wall. Right now the are sitting in the windowsill and, honestly, I like them there.

Tomorrw I guess we'll see how it all comes together. He fancies himself a designer for hire now.

Mom just had surgery and now y ou are up and leaving her?????? Is she okay?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

gah~ i cant wait to meet the two of you!

jomo fancies himself a designer- sounds like he got it together :thumbs:

bathroom sounds cute!

D fancies himself a salesman right now- his friend went to curacao and bought a bunch of clothes, now they drive to different districts and sell them.

kind of perfect job for D though-

*baby, i just have the right words that make them realize they want the shirt*

LOL

mom is ok- she's got my dad to help out

its been together time 24/7 for past two weeks

i feel bad for her, but the pain is getting a lot better

:)

Timeline

Tell him I said good luck. What are you taking clothes for? For him to sell?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Tell him I said good luck. What are you taking clothes for? For him to sell?

nooooooooooooo no clothes for him to sell

i got him shoes, i mostly got clothes for the lil ones

his little brother and sister, jaheem and mama

nothing major

ps im still laughing about 4 months at HI

:whistle:

Timeline

Yeah....that was way too out there. Acutally, you better show the black Amex card if you lie and tell them that. Price HI for the Thanksgiving/Christmas season. I sure wouldn't fall for that lie.

Well, I am off to take a bath in my new and improved bathroom. Take it easy, girlfriend. Give me a hollar as soon as you get hooked up and let me know how it went through customs and immigration. I'm going to send some positive vibes your way on that one. Give D a big hug for me and tell Richard hi (and happy birthday Nov. 22nd----don't forget!) if you see him. And, of course, call if you guys can some time. If you could get the 3 of you in the same room and on the phone, I would be in heaven!

Be safe.

I will definately miss you!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
enjoy your bath

thanks for the advice

stay blessed

:star:

I PM'd you a little more info.

Now, I am really out of here. Lata!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

JG - be greatful that he got inspired to make changes and that he actually did it well - He coulda made a mess, lol. My Mom is the same way with the HGTV - drives me nuts! I like some of the shows, but not 24 /7.

Morning all! I fell asleep on the couch early last night so I woke up at 5

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Here is something to brighten up our day and lead off to a wonderful and productive week. Turn on your speakers for the full effect :thumbs:

http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMess...;vs=1&ypa=1

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Here is something to brighten up our day and lead off to a wonderful and productive week. Turn on your speakers for the full effect :thumbs:

http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMess...;vs=1&ypa=1

I am about to head on down to North cackilacki. Catch you all later. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Good Sumday morning Yardies. I pray everyone has a bless day

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Ok my new fav tv show is true blood. Has anyone seen it! its about vampires that dont have to feed on humans now since the Japanese created a synthetic blood drink. Now i normally dont like stuff like this but this one is interesting.

http://truebloodwiki.hbo.com/?t=anon

Dwayne and I are hooked on this show!! we were going to go out last saturday and cancelled our plans to watch the marathon! Now we roll over in the night and ask if the other has dreamed of vampires and yeep one of has. :rofl:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.