SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I bet u guys wouldn't believe me that many ppl even my sisters call me white b/c of the way i speak..dummies..i get confused with my supervisor (white) does that mean a damn thing..how u speak doesn't make u black or white just a freakin person

Lol don't worry Kimmy I get called white all the time and I'm black as night! :lol: I get called white because of how I cook, how I speak, what kind of music I listen to, and the things I like to do. I am just me. I do the things I enjoy now if that is white then I guess I am white! :rofl: You will not believe how many times I have been asked by blacks am I black because I hate greens and cornbread! LOL . I grew up in Cali I love Mexican food. I will chose Mexican food over soul food any day. When someone says anything I say I love the food of my people. I was born in El Paso. ROFL that really confuses them. I just take it all with a grain of salt as they say. I will not let anyone define who I am or am not.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Island don't fell bad he!! I thought me and my girlfriend were going to have to fight two women in Jamaica and we are black. Girl I had taken off my shoes and earrings and was asking for some Vaseline( just in case someone don't no about the vaseline it't to keep your face from being scatched-up am I a hoodlum or what) But I understood their rudeness I would probably be rude to because some people just come to Jamaica to get there freak on. I actually came to me another man I had been talking to for 2 years and met and fell in love with my Husband. They are losing so many men to so many different people, some are just angry. And then again some could careless and are happy.

Yeah I have had the same experience and I can understand the frustration. In some countries they won't even let the young men leave so many men are leaving and not returning. If you are under a certain age no Visa for you.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SOl, same here, i get ripped on by coworkers also and one of my white coworkers told me i wasnt like "other" blacks because i like Maroon 5 AND coldplay and linkin park. I am just me, and always have been, i dress how i want, i will try new things, that may not be considered " black" and i make no apologies about it. Anyway, i am a people person and i dont dislike anyone until they give me a reason too. For example, i have a coworker who i carpooled with when her car broke down, well i am a serious christian and am the child of a preacher, my coworker is atheist and doesnt believe in anything, was i tempted to douse her in some oil and pray for her, and then pray over my car, YES :yes: i continue to talk with her, run with her in my running group and we chill together, when we are in the same area, so yeah i understand the sentiments Kimmy, MOrantBay, and Sol.

Morning lawny, sjb, and justucia

Timeline
Island don't fell bad he!! I thought me and my girlfriend were going to have to fight two women in Jamaica and we are black. Girl I had taken off my shoes and earrings and was asking for some Vaseline( just in case someone don't no about the vaseline it't to keep your face from being scatched-up am I a hoodlum or what) But I understood their rudeness I would probably be rude to because some people just come to Jamaica to get there freak on. I actually came to me another man I had been talking to for 2 years and met and fell in love with my Husband. They are losing so many men to so many different people, some are just angry. And then again some could careless and are happy.

:rofl: Lawny just taught me all about the use of vaseoline!!! Up here we use it for chapped cheeks in the winter. :rofl:

I understand that. When we are checking into the hotel I get the feeling some people are thinking that. That's when I step up the respect for him even more and show them he's not my giglio, but my partner.

Giglio ROFL well I guess I am lucky cause people kept assuming Garth was my husband. LOL I guess I must have reaffirmed some freak ideas when I said "oh he isn't my husband". LOL I just hate lying maybe I should have just smiled and said nothing. Note to self practice smiling and acting mute for Feb trip! :)

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

Not that it matters anyway, but when i went to Ja, i wasnt looking to meet anyone, i had always wanted to go to jamaica since i was in the 5th grade because my best friends parents were financially comfortable and so they traveled all the time, and my friend would always tell me of the places she had been, she made JA sounds wonderful and she brought me back a post card which i put in my 6th grade memory book. Fast forward to 2008, my friends planned a trip and asked me did i want to go, i said yes, i had not thought about JA until that time, hadnt heard the stories about gigolos, women going to get there freak on, visas, none of that, i was just happy to be going, when i got there i had the time of my life, but started to realize some of the women with which i traveled had gone to JA with an agenda and by the time it was time for us to leave like 2 days prior, i was pretty disgusted with quite a few of them. For the most part i was on JA overload and felt like i would scream if one more person said something too me, well i met dwayne and he was somewhat the opposite of all i had experienced in my short visit and the rest is history.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning lawny, sjb, and justucia

morning honey

reading your stories reminds me of hearing my mothers stories about her work,

she worked at an emergency placement house. When kids were taken away from their parents b/c of abuse and neglect they stayed at 'child haven' until they were placed with foster parents or group homes.

she would come home tired as hell and filled with crazy stories.

she would come home sad a lot of times, like her spirit had been drained.

seeing day in and day out what parents were capable of, in regards to harming their children, disturbed her core.

major kudos to you for doing what you do, im serious when i say 'thank you'

Filed: Timeline
I hate to go back, but Kimmy...when you said that people treated others differently when they found out they were white up here, did they make a comment to you on the PM or was it here on the public forum, because when I try to think back, I can't recall anyone saying anything out of the way when someone revealed they were white. This really is going to bother me... :wacko:

Mrs P;

If I shared some of the things that were PM to me you mouth would hang open for days. I was told not to write in patwah, I was told I didn't belong in the room, becuase I don't properly add to the mix, I was told I wasn't Jamaica or a fake Jamaican or I wasn't Jamaican enough...the list goes on. Alot of hateful things were said to me in PM and the names were always changed.

GOOD MORNING Ladies

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline
Morning all

who mentioned cliques :whistle::unsure:

Hey Lawns, Shem, Honey..(cliques where :whistle::blush: )

Kimmy,

Beg you some bush tea...jus a likkle mi belli a tun

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Morning Sol, so tell me this does it bother you when you get stared at in JA? i tell dwayne i might as well have two heads, though im brown like the next person on the street, i might as well be green. It bothers me and moreso this last trip, because even when we were out with dwaynes daughter, people were just staring, if me and him go out to eat it cant be just two people out together, i feel as if people are looking at me like farrin women with JA man, and 95% percent of the time i dont talk, until we are seated and away from the crowd.. hell when i went to digicel to get a phone card, the women behind the counter tried to rip me off of 1000 JA< like im too stoopid to figure out i got change coming, taxi drivers trying to charge 20 dollars to take me from fishermans point to the clock, when i know dyam well it should cost 1 or 2 JA dollars, i mean i been in JA enough trips that im getting better at not getting screwed over but dyam, i dont know if i told yall when my friends went out looking for fruit they asked someone where was the grocery store, they wanted fruit, well someone on the street from the day before remembered me saying i wanted guineps and mangoes, but mind you i wasnt with them this time, so anyway they found themselves with a tour guide who took them to the market, they told someone they wanted pineapple and mangos, in stead of telling people to back the phock up and just look for it themselves, naw they looking like some dayum tourist and guess what, when they got the mangoe and pineapples, they tried to charge them 20 american dollars for it!!!! that is the thing in JA that makes me mad!!!! why, why, why? i figured when i got to JA, for once i wouldnt have to deal with the ####### i deal with in the states but over there i do only in a different way.

Okay just my random vent...LOL

NO the staring don't bother me honey (well much) what bothers me is the trying to take advantage. I just let Garth handle it and when he went to work I just hung around at the hotel. LOL that is why he sent his friend to bring me dinner when he had to stay at work. He had the nerve to tell his friend that he don't know if I will leave the hotel so does he mind picking up what I want and bringing it to me. I think this was because I was talking about how crazy everyone was driving. Plus the night before when we went to dinner we almost got run over in the parking lot and he was with me! I was like I'm not walking around here they don't have any respect for the pedistrians and if I get run over who will take care of my orphan children. :lol:

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

justucia, girl you have no idea,,, people always say why take on a part time job that is so stressful.. one of the little girls who was giving me the blues the other day with her out of control behavior!!!! i mean everything she could do to act a fool she did, and then i had to put her in time out restraint which was like wrestling with a bull, she cried and cried and when she calmed down and we talked to her she says she cant trust people and doesnt want to grow up cause people are bad... it broke my heart..this is the little girl who has a twin sister.. there adoptive mother was charged with beating them, burning them, stabbing them, choking them, withholding food, locking them in closests, making them sleep on the floor with no blankets, hanging them with belts, the list goes on.... Knowing that is what made me go back to work on Sunday..

but im not gonna lie it is wearing on me...:yes:

Good morning everyone,

People will see what they want to see and people will feel what they want to feel. You can't change people, I have lived and worked among alot of different races. If you are brown skin of any race in the US, you will be look upon as of lesser value.

People are afraid of the unknown, so if they know nothing about your culture, they will shy away. Most people are good people and they don't care about race. They care more about respect and honesty.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all

who mentioned cliques :whistle::unsure:

Hey Lawns, Shem, Honey..(cliques where :whistle::blush: )

:lol: Morning everyone.

Kimmy, I want to comment on ur subject, but I better leave it alone. :blush:

oH 1luv please comment :devil:

I feel 'ya 1luv...my mouth is shut.

Hi Darlene :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.