SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night ladies - have a good day at work tomorrow?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok..dis here one is fi JAeyes..

1st of all chica how old are you? if you don't mind me asking. What in the world would posses u to want to marry someone u know on vacation in 2 wks? does it strike u odd that u AND ur sister both found "love" in the same place? did u go looking for someone or did they find you? He is using you for a green card my girl..yes mi believe inna love at 1st sight but lets be real with ourselves...have u even been to JA before? yuh undastan wah mi a write seh? if not u have a serious problem. u need to proove ur relationship to the embassy..do u know if they have criminal histories...girl don't be fooled by the blue waters and di glass bottom boat..HE IS USING YOU !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hope this helps some of you out there :D

Dear XXX

$15 IN FREE MERCHANDISE Now through Sunday November 30, 2008, www.sams247.com is giving you $15 in FREE merchandise every time you spend more than $49. That's it: add merchandise worth more than $49 to your shopping cart, click CHECKOUT, then insert the following code in the Coupon Code: 1993-15 box on the CHECKOUT page. We will immediately slash $15 off your total.

COUPON CODE: 1993-15

SPEND $20 AND SAVE, TOO

We know these are economically challenging times, and so we have an alternate offer: Save $5 on merchandise worth more than $19. Use the following coupon code to take advantage of this offer: COUPON CODE: 1993-5.

This promotion has some really cool features:

http://sams247.com/ o Save big no matter where in the world you live!

o Start saving immediately!

o Use either coupon as often as you like, now through November 30, 2008!

o You may spread the savings by forwarding this email to your friends and relatives, or by mentioning this offer in your blogs, forums, or chat rooms.

Now, how's that for an economic stimulus package?

Thanks again for sharing the first fifteen years with us. We do hope you'll be with us for at least another fifteen years.

Sincerely,

Andrew Morris, President

www.Sams247.com

P.S. Remember, this promotion expires November 30, 2008. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.

Good night everyone :D

Timeline

Jonesie tanks...but dem would have too much rass questions..all if mi a Indian bout mi a prearrange marriage..

And i gree wid some a wah u a seh bout meeting but wi done hear too many stories fi dis here one be real..bet yuh she doan even know mi a chat har..know nuttin bout JA and bout she a go marry..dyam fool

hey Yaads..bye Yaads,,Forbes how are u ? look like a mi alone tonight

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Jonesie tanks...but dem would have too much rass questions..all if mi a Indian bout mi a prearrange marriage..

And i gree wid some a wah u a seh bout meeting but wi done hear too many stories fi dis here one be real..bet yuh she doan even know mi a chat har..know nuttin bout JA and bout she a go marry..dyam fool

Wow Kimmy.......I understand what you are saying and the thought crossed my mind too........hhnnnn, how does anyone know? Are there any stories that have resulted in successful marriages on here of ones who met and married after a "short" time? How long does it really need to be to be real??? Just curious on people's standpoint on this.

event.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Kimmy.......I understand what you are saying and the thought crossed my mind too........hhnnnn, how does anyone know? Are there any stories that have resulted in successful marriages on here of ones who met and married after a "short" time? How long does it really need to be to be real??? Just curious on people's standpoint on this.

LOL how did I know Kimmy was going to say that? :devil: To me it is not really a time factor as it is a knowledge factor. I think it is almost nearly impossible to know someone well enough to marry after just a 2 week visit. I know of some older people who have gotten married after a few weeks of knowing each other (both americans) but they were at a point in life where they knew who they were and what they wanted. I think the younger you are the harder it is to pin this down. If you are truly in love won't you still be in love this time next year? For the record I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe in LUST at first sight but not love because love requires knowledge of the person and how can you get that from one look? I think what Kimmy said about it being nearly impossible for her and her sister to both fall in love at the same time is proably mathmatically accurate. Marriage is a thing that is easy to get into and hard to get out of and this immigration business is an expensive mistake to make if you guess wrong. All love is a gamble but at least try to stack the odds in your favor when you can that is all I'm saying.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

LOL how did I know Kimmy was going to say that? :devil: To me it is not really a time factor as it is a knowledge factor. I think it is almost nearly impossible to know someone well enough to marry after just a 2 week visit. I know of some older people who have gotten married after a few weeks of knowing each other (both americans) but they were at a point in life where they knew who they were and what they wanted. I think the younger you are the harder it is to pin this down. If you are truly in love won't you still be in love this time next year? For the record I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe in LUST at first sight but not love because love requires knowledge of the person and how can you get that from one look? I think what Kimmy said about it being nearly impossible for her and her sister to both fall in love at the same time is proably mathmatically accurate. Marriage is a thing that is easy to get into and hard to get out of and this immigration business is an expensive mistake to make if you guess wrong. All love is a gamble but at least try to stack the odds in your favor when you can that is all I'm saying.

So I have come on here for a few months now and not seen this from Kimmy...maybe I just miss those times. I agree about it being a knowledge factor and stacking the odds in your favor. Totally agree! As for love at first sight....my thought is that I believe it is possible. I think we can pick up a vibe from people and get that "feeling" but I also know that the younger you are the less likely your able to distinguish lust from love. It took me a few weeks maybe 6-8 to come down out of the clouds and think straight. I am not saying that I diagree with Kimmy, just curiousity about how long people believe it takes.

event.png

Timeline
SUS, where did you go? You asked if I would be in Negril in another topic-Filling Status Questions-. The answer is yes. I will be in Negril with Steve Dec 31- Jan 13..... :jest::dancing: I see your timeline has you arriving a few days before me to JA, will you be in Negril? Maybe we could hook up????

Hey Claire, whaa gwaan?

Sorry MrsLadyD - Dead battery, and Dancing with the Stars was on, lol - I will be in Negril from Dec 26 - Jan 2nd, so we can definitely hook up - Jan 2nd we are moving to the yaad for the rest of my trip - But I want to do New Years on the beach! Where are you staying?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Ok..dis here one is fi JAeyes..

1st of all chica how old are you? if you don't mind me asking. What in the world would posses u to want to marry someone u know on vacation in 2 wks? does it strike u odd that u AND ur sister both found "love" in the same place? did u go looking for someone or did they find you? He is using you for a green card my girl..yes mi believe inna love at 1st sight but lets be real with ourselves...have u even been to JA before? yuh undastan wah mi a write seh? if not u have a serious problem. u need to proove ur relationship to the embassy..do u know if they have criminal histories...girl don't be fooled by the blue waters and di glass bottom boat..HE IS USING YOU !!

Bwaay Kimmy, mi couldn't seh it nuh betta....Yuh seh weh mi a tink, but mi cyaa badda sometimes, people nuh wah si ti trut....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Not that I personally know of.

I heard of MANY people getting married to Jamaican men within the space of a year, not one has worked out.

Some are still 'technically' together, but anyone can see things aren't working....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

I definitely believe in love at first sight - and have seen marriages after a short time of meeting that have worked out wonderfully - I have also seen some crash and burn. I think that each individual person needs to think long and hard about it and ultimately make their own choices on what is right and what is wrong for them - No one else can tell you what works for you, all they can do is give their opinion.

Kimmy was blunt, but not trying to be cruel, JAEyes - I have my doubts too that you and your sister both met your soul mate on the same trip - and are they friends?

Questions to ask for yourself -

Was this your first trip to Jamaica? Have you been around any Jamaican culture before, do you understand the differences that exist?

Did you pay for things, or did he come out of his pocket?

Was he working during the day when you were there, or was he mysteriously able to take two weeks off from work and spend time with you while you were there?

Did he take you to his real house, did he introduce you to his family?

Does he have any children, has he been married before?

If he has children, does he have custody of them - are they coming with him?

Do you have children, how will they react?

How will your family react, are they supportive?

Does he have a criminal record?

Did he graduate High School, go to college, can he read and write?

How many foreign women has he dated, has he ever filed for a visa before with any of them?

Does he have credit on his phone to call you and talk, or are you the one calling and spending the money?

Has he hinted towards needing money, have you sent him any?

We all know how easy it is to get caught up in the romance of the island - but it's a different thing when reality kicks in once you are back home. We have all seen it many times - especially those who have travelled back and forth for years - Women have built houses for men, only to land in JA and find another woman living in it - Or filed a visa, only to find out the man had 3 other pending applications,.... the stories are out there, search around. This is a difficult process in itself - You have to make your own choices and do what you feel is best - no one else can make the decision. But, since you asked for opinions, I would honestly say slow down a bit, think about it, visit at least once more - Visit over Christmas, don't get married - if you still want it, you can file the K1 and he'll probably be here faster than he would if you married over Christmas.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.