SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, Marlita as a married woman, what is the one thing that is different today, than a week ago. What is the one thing you would do different today than what you did a week ago?

Really the only thing different is sharing the bed space, haha. Its just having another person in the house to be aware or. I think for those with children it may not be that big of a difference. Really it doesnt feel like we are married, just like he's some out of town boyfirend who is visiting. Once he's here awhile it will be different. But the only thing different is just having someone to talk to in the house and to actually see his facial expressions more often.

Although one thing that i feel sometimes is like I took him away from his life before or his fam. thats kinda sad.

Lita, I started to CRY when I read this. I was in Jamaica with Marcel when he said goodbye to his family and friends. We had a week or so with them when he told them he was leaving. It got harder and harder each day and when it came to the final day I've never seen so many grown men cry tears it broke my heart. I'm happy that Evan is adjusting well. Marcel has quiet times when he don't want to talk at all. I just let him be until he finds his way back.

This is my biggest fear about Neil coming up here to Oregon. He is so close to his family and has so many friends in Jamaica, and no matter how much fun Portland, OR is, it will never compare to Jamaica. He is excited to come, and we are having a baby together, but in the long run I feel that if I want to keep this relationship happy and healthy we are going to have to find a way to spend at least a few months out of the year in Jamaica...

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jakewife, can you fill in your time line, we can't see when you started this process and where you are now. I know you have finished but it will help others to see a time line.

Marlita, Marlits how is it to finally be settling down as husband and wife? Now, you have no more secrets and he is here in your space.

JALove, how are you and the family doing?

i didn't do it because i was unaware of how to fill it in.i started my journey on march, 03 2008.our case got expedited by uscis however a request for expedite with the embassy was denied. our case was completed on july 16,2008 and as you know the interview date is schedule for dec,11,2008. we are trying to reschedule since i learn that they are calling petitioners and offering earlier dates for interviews. i will keep u all posted.

i hope this helps.

Jakewife, to complete a timeline here are the instructions:

On the top of the web page is a tab tiltled home, click there,

on the left hand side is a side bar that have titled Popular Instructions

Under this column there is a enrty that is titled Track then timelines, click timelines

Then there will be a new title called Timelines Functions, click on edit timelines

Follow the instructions from there.

I hope that will help you

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Whew! Do look like I'm missing much. Snuck on while Ray's in the shower. :unsure:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yep morant bay, im just catching up i am exhausted i worked from 630 am till 5 pm and then left and went to church for my choir concert which let out at 830 now im laying in bed about to pass out

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG, now I have everybody crying... I'm sorry ya'll...... :(

I told Ray's mom that I promise to take good care of him.

Whewww...what an emotional day yesterday was!!! I got poor Jawi crying first thing in the morning, we try to change the subject and Yards sacred the shyt out of Kimmy with duppy stories, now Sunray's Moma-in-law has us crying again....

I'm gonna keep reading...see if everyone cheers up for Halloween.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
wow you ladies already on a new part? Whats going on?

what in the world?!? part 9??

Im here in JA with the hubby. wanted to see if anyone else heard about interview dates and had to stop in and say hi

Good for you Shrewie! I'm glad that was the choice you made. :blush:

Timeline
Whew! Do look like I'm missing much. Snuck on while Ray's in the shower. :unsure:

Hey Girl!! A asked me if I called you guys today. I told him you were probably very busy :devil: this weekend, so mi naw bother yuh. :blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We do chat nuff! :yes: I can remember posting on page one of part one. Oh how far we have come since then. I can't really remember VJ before the yardie thread...all mi knoa is it was dead :dead:

wow you ladies already on a new part? Whats going on?

And she come up fi air! Hi Lita :luv:

I remember part one too. Wow. :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Okay, Marlita as a married woman, what is the one thing that is different today, than a week ago. What is the one thing you would do different today than what you did a week ago?

Really the only thing different is sharing the bed space, haha. Its just having another person in the house to be aware or. I think for those with children it may not be that big of a difference. Really it doesnt feel like we are married, just like he's some out of town boyfirend who is visiting. Once he's here awhile it will be different. But the only thing different is just having someone to talk to in the house and to actually see his facial expressions more often.

Although one thing that i feel sometimes is like I took him away from his life before or his fam. thats kinda sad.

Marlita, you have to stop feeling that way. He made the choice.

It will all work itself out with time. It's very new right now.

I'm happy for you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Lita, I started to CRY when I read this. I was in Jamaica with Marcel when he said goodbye to his family and friends. We had a week or so with them when he told them he was leaving. It got harder and harder each day and when it came to the final day I've never seen so many grown men cry tears it broke my heart. I'm happy that Evan is adjusting well. Marcel has quiet times when he don't want to talk at all. I just let him be until he finds his way back.

This is my biggest fear about Neil coming up here to Oregon. He is so close to his family and has so many friends in Jamaica, and no matter how much fun Portland, OR is, it will never compare to Jamaica. He is excited to come, and we are having a baby together, but in the long run I feel that if I want to keep this relationship happy and healthy we are going to have to find a way to spend at least a few months out of the year in Jamaica...

I sort of thought that originally. But, in the end, it didn't matter. We will be at least 3 years before we go back. Maybe longer if it's true about there's a warent out for him.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Sunny....congrats, girl. I can see the happiness in your words. I wanted to come on and tell you yesterday; but I took the day off and hubby and I spent it running some errands and preparing for Halloween.

Tre....from part 8, I agree....Andre has a friend who is right now in the process of getting a work visa and he just completed a physical as part of the visa.

I spent 3 hours scubbing every single inch of my kitchen today, Tre. You would be so proud. It gleams. If I didn't have to work tonight, I would've cleaned the bathroom too. Tomorrow............

LOVEYOUMORE.......did you find your way over here yet?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Anyone dress up for Halloween? Do anything fun?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.