genericname

Free Fiance Visa

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

On the USCIS website it lists the fee for the fiance visa as "$455. There is no fee for petitions for K-3 status based on an immigrant petition filed by the same U.S. citizen."

I don't understand the "no fee" wording. How do I get a "no fee"? Is that if you are doing a K-3 instead of a K-1?

On the USCIS website it lists the fee for the fiance visa as "$455. There is no fee for petitions for K-3 status based on an immigrant petition (Your I-130) filed by the same U.S. citizen."

I don't understand the "no fee" wording. How do I get a "no fee"? Is that if you are doing a K-3 instead of a K-1?

That's because when you take the K3 path, you're filing an I-130 (which has a fee) then (later) filing an I-129f (so you've already paid a/the fee, hence you're not charged a second time). Make sense?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yes, you are correct... $455 for the I129f and $1,010 for AOS (including AP & EAD)... not to mention all the other fees...medical, transportation, copying documents, passport photos...etc, etc....

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
OK, so the cost will be $455 for the K-1 visa, and then another $1010 for AOS which comes later? I think that's right.

Don't forget there is also a separate AOS charge for kids and it depends on age.

Other

K-1 Visa Timeline

I-129F Sent : 01/06/2009

I-129F NOA1 : 01/09/2009

I-129F NOA2 : 03/11/2009

NVC Received : 03/19/2009

Consulate Received : 03/27/2009

Packet 3 Sent : 12/23/2009

Interview Date : 03/18/2010 - APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 03/20/2010

US Entry : 04/07/2010

Marriage : 05/04/2010 - WOOHOO!!!

-----------

I-485 Sent : 07/02/2010

I-485 NOA1 : 07/09/2010

OK, so the cost will be $455 for the K-1 visa, and then another $1010 for AOS which comes later? I think that's right.

Don't forget there is also a separate AOS charge for kids and it depends on age.

Other

Is there a charge for the foreign consulate interview, or is that included in the K1 fee?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Other

Is there a charge for the foreign consulate interview, or is that included in the K1 fee?

You pay a fee of $131 at your interview.

Other

So the government fees are $455+$131+$1010 then, correct?

Not to keep adding to your list but..there's a medical too (prior to interview) for the foreign beneficiary...costs vary depending on the country. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Other

Employment authorization is an extra $340. :whistle:

K-1 Visa Timeline

I-129F Sent : 01/06/2009

I-129F NOA1 : 01/09/2009

I-129F NOA2 : 03/11/2009

NVC Received : 03/19/2009

Consulate Received : 03/27/2009

Packet 3 Sent : 12/23/2009

Interview Date : 03/18/2010 - APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 03/20/2010

US Entry : 04/07/2010

Marriage : 05/04/2010 - WOOHOO!!!

-----------

I-485 Sent : 07/02/2010

I-485 NOA1 : 07/09/2010

Other

Employment authorization is an extra $340. :whistle:

I thought that was automatic with the permanent residency...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.