KAT&Allie

NVC - London Packet 3

7 posts in this topic

OK, I'm certain I've read something about this somewhere on this site some time ago but can I find it now? Of course not. Now I'm not sure whether I've imagined it or not. So I'm sorry to be a pain but it would be much appreciated if somebody could clarify this for me.

I’m months off from getting my NOA2 so all this a bit theoretical for me. We'd like to get married in February (seems to be an unlikely prospect but still we hope...) so I was wondering number of things related to NVC number and the packet 3 issued from London Embassy.

Am I assuming correctly that once you get the NVC number, it is the same for the rest of the process, e.g. London Embassy won't change it again? If that assumption is correct, what is stopping any of us to download required forms and pre-empt the Packet 3 therefore speeding the whole process by maybe 2-3 weeks? Has anybody tried to do that? Or am I just clutching at the straws here? B)

I don't know but to me, it just seems like a nice shortcut to me... :) It would be nice to be able to “beat the system” for a change. Right? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OK, I'm certain I've read something about this somewhere on this site some time ago but can I find it now? Of course not. Now I'm not sure whether I've imagined it or not. So I'm sorry to be a pain but it would be much appreciated if somebody could clarify this for me.

I’m months off from getting my NOA2 so all this a bit theoretical for me. We'd like to get married in February (seems to be an unlikely prospect but still we hope...) so I was wondering number of things related to NVC number and the packet 3 issued from London Embassy.

Am I assuming correctly that once you get the NVC number, it is the same for the rest of the process, e.g. London Embassy won't change it again? If that assumption is correct, what is stopping any of us to download required forms and pre-empt the Packet 3 therefore speeding the whole process by maybe 2-3 weeks? Has anybody tried to do that? Or am I just clutching at the straws here? B)

I don't know but to me, it just seems like a nice shortcut to me... :) It would be nice to be able to “beat the system” for a change. Right? :)

I believe it can be done... As far as I know and maybe wrong as I have not had mine yet (still waiting for NOA2) you should be able to download all the most recent forms from the USCIS website. I am planning on doing the same.. I have all the required documents assembled but obviously they dont get sent back, you take them with you on the big day. Can somebody please confirm if the said forms need to go in with the checklist you send back or do you take them with you to the interview?

Cheers

Dave.

1997 - Jess and I met chatting on Mirc and lost touch after a few months

12-22-07 - I tracked Jess down on Myspace and we began to talk daily on IM and telephone

02-29-08 - I flew to New York and we met in person. Amazing - the connection was real

03-11-08 - I flew home - both heart broken yet totally in love.

04-10-08 - I flew back to NY. Asked for fathers blessing.

04-14-08 - I flew home to plot propsal.

05-17-08 - Jess flew to UK - engaged 4 hrs later :-)

05-26-08 - Jess fly's home.

06-13-08 - We contract Immigration attorneys to guide us through the K1 process.

07-03-08 - Jess sends pack to attorneys for checking. (lawyers paperwork)

07-08-08 - Lawyers send out official forms for us to check and sign. Completed same day an returned.

07-09-08 - The big man at the law firm checks our packet for the last time.

07-10-08 - I-129F gets mailed to USCIS VSC

08-01-08 - NOA 1

09-12-08 - Jess has flights booked to the UK.

09-20-08 - Jess fly's home after another amazing visit.

11-26-08 - Dave flew back to NY and is here on an extended visit. Heading back end of feb 2009 unless

Interview comes first :-)

12-04-08 - NOA 2

12-19-08 - Application leaves NVC for London

01-02-09 - P3 leaves embassy...

01-14-09 - No sign of P3...

01-23-09 - Still No P3 - downloaded forms and sent in anyway

01-29-09 - P3 Confirmed receipt at London Consulate.

02-09-09 - DOS confirms interview for 10th March

02-22-09 - Dave Fly's back to UK

02-23-09 - Medical

03-10-09 - Interview

us-uk-alliance.gif

cca downloaded her packet three and got ready on her own as her proper packet three wnet missing in the post. the ldn number is what you need for the medical and for your interview (to book it) it wont change from what nvc give but i presume you must wait untill it has at least landed at the embassy. otherwise they wont know who or what you are. as far as medical they like you to have packet three so they can go through the bumph with you and for the questionaire. also they send it onto the embassy after a couple of days. hence the need for the ldn number. so i would say you can speed it up to a certain point, but wait till the embassy has your file.

if i'm wrong someone correct me please :innocent:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

cca downloaded her packet three and got ready on her own as her proper packet three wnet missing in the post. the ldn number is what you need for the medical and for your interview (to book it) it wont change from what nvc give but i presume you must wait untill it has at least landed at the embassy. otherwise they wont know who or what you are. as far as medical they like you to have packet three so they can go through the bumph with you and for the questionaire. also they send it onto the embassy after a couple of days. hence the need for the ldn number. so i would say you can speed it up to a certain point, but wait till the embassy has your file.

if i'm wrong someone correct me please :innocent:

We have our London case number now (yay!) and the lovely woman at NVC said our file should be sent out tomorrow (Friday) or early next week. I'm still worried we're going to go into some sort of AP, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

So my question... How far in advance do you schedule your medical? If London gets our file on Monday, should Spurs go ahead and call so that he can get in soon after the Packet 3 arrives????

So my question... How far in advance do you schedule your medical? If London gets our file on Monday, should Spurs go ahead and call so that he can get in soon after the Packet 3 arrives????

You don't have to have P3 to schedule the medical. If you get your LND number from NVC or DOS, then that's all you need to schedule. You call Knightsbridge and they say, "Do you have your Packet from the Embassy?" You say yes. They ask your LND number, name, and give you an appointment. They are asking because they assume you couldn't have the LND number yet if you haven't gotten P3, so just say YES whether you do or not. The medical questionnaire is in P3, so you will need that in hand before the appointment.

To the original poster: You can shave off time by having everything ready to send to London. That would be the DS forms filled out and the checklist. The day you get P3, mail back the forms. I suppose you could do it early, but you would have to know that your file was already at the embassy. Like Hannah said, before your file gets there, they aren't aware of you so your early submission could get missplaced or not associated with your physical file when it arrives.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks guys, you’ve been very helpful as usual. I think I'll follow the advice given, fill out and print all P3 forms and wait for the file to arrive in London to send the lot in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.