sunzetgirl

proof of ongoing relationship

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interview is scheduled Nov 17, i have all the paperworks ready. what im concerned about is the proof of our relationship. Me and my fiance are communicating basically thru YMs but we were only able to save a couple chat logs. We email each other also, but how much proof do they need? how many email printouts do i need to provide for the interview? thanks a lot to those who will take time to reply. God Bless Everyone.

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

Interview is scheduled Nov 17, i have all the paperworks ready. what im concerned about is the proof of our relationship. Me and my fiance are communicating basically thru YMs but we were only able to save a couple chat logs. We email each other also, but how much proof do they need? how many email printouts do i need to provide for the interview? thanks a lot to those who will take time to reply. God Bless Everyone.

just present the best amout u can give to them, its better to be ready always, since we really dont know how their minds run, i carry almost 7 kilos of docs, but they never bother to asked for my emails, screen shot, chat history, but its ok, as long i know im ready and prepared. good luck on your interview.

Timeline

just present the best amout u can give to them, its better to be ready always, since we really dont know how their minds run, i carry almost 7 kilos of docs, but they never bother to asked for my emails, screen shot, chat history, but its ok, as long i know im ready and prepared. good luck on your interview.

thanks so much bevs. thats a very helpful advise. i will printout everything we have on my inbox, and phone records as well. God Bless You

K1

fortcollins5.jpg

thanks so much bevs. thats a very helpful advise. i will printout everything we have on my inbox, and phone records as well. God Bless You

your welcome. feel to ask here.

Chats and emails are only one part of the proof you might want to think about as far as ongoing relationship. You can include, and should if you have them, some greeting cards, perhaps some labels from packages you've sent each other. Pictures and further documentation of travel to see your fiance is also wonderful. Be creative. A sampling instead of every email and chat is only needed. If you provided the CO with 50 pounds of material, they won't bother reading it anyway. You'll be sending this over as well for her interview, so you want good quality evidence, not quantity.

Best of luck for a successful interview!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I sent copy of my sms logs, phone records, and emails (a couple from each month over last 6 months) also pictures of us together. Also, I sent her the original boarding passes from my trip. I think it will be enough :)

A sampling instead of every email and chat is only needed. If you provided the CO with 50 pounds of material, they won't bother reading it anyway. You'll be sending this over as well for her interview, so you want good quality evidence, not quantity.
very good point :thumbs:

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Every Consulate is very different. The higher fraud Consulates will require more bonafide evidence. You should be ok in Manilla as long as you can provide proof of your ongoing relationship.

Keep saving your chat logs.

If you chat on cam take a couple screen shots as you are chatting.

If you're anything like we were, you have thousands of emails to/from each other.... What you can do instead of printing each and every email is take a screen shot of your inbox (maximized) and perhaps just print out a few over the course of your relationship.

Do you have updated photos you could bring?

credit card bills showing charges when you were together?

cards and/or gift receipts sent to each other?

text message records?

anything that proves you are together.

good luck

timeline.jpg

I had, fortunately, had Yahoo Messenger set up to save all messages so I printed out some of the archieves. We also exchanged a lot of letters and cards and many emails. Try to find as much communication items as possible. Claudeth when to the interview with a 4" binder full of these types of things along with pictures, etc. Good luck!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

i brought a lot of snail mail and phone bills with me to the interview

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi ms.bevs.. im jussel from Manila.. i just want to ask what are the examples of evidences you provide to them? u said that u carry almost 7 kilos of docs?

we weren't able to save chat logs.. but we have lots of pictures together,text messages, few letters and cards, .. what other proof can i provide?.. and is there a certain required weight for the proof.. thanx a lot

hi ms.bevs.. im jussel from Manila.. i just want to ask what are the examples of evidences you provide to them? u said that u carry almost 7 kilos of docs?

we weren't able to save chat logs.. but we have lots of pictures together,text messages, few letters and cards, .. what other proof can i provide?.. and is there a certain required weight for the proof.. thanx a lot

Read all the responses to the original poster. You'll see LOTS of examples of what people provided as proof.

carlahmsb4.gif

I keep reading here that pictures of you together and both of you with family are helpful. Also, the USCs presence at the interview can't hurt - although some embassies make the USC wait outside the interview office. At least with your fiance' there you can prove that you have met recently :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Good news everyone. My fiance was able to save every single chat logs that we had, going as far back as Aug 27, 2007. So I'm going to do what most of you advised, printout at least a couple chatlogs each month, then back it up by few emails and snail mails, photos of us together, some gift receipts he sent me, and I should be ok. Thanks to everyone who provided insights to this.

K1

fortcollins5.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.