natty bumppo

It's Monday !!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's Monday night here in Philippines. Today I met some of the VJ members in person. 5 of us went together for our seminar, which is required by our government before leaving our country, so it was fun and interesting.

I can say my Monday was a great day!

Enjoy your day. :)

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's Monday night here in Philippines. Today I met some of the VJ members in person. 5 of us went together for our seminar, which is required by our government before leaving our country, so it was fun and interesting.

I can say my Monday was a great day!

Enjoy your day. :)

A seminar before leaving the country? What do they talk about?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

this was my feedback of our today's seminar, which i posted on my thread. :)

I have more story to tell about our gimik rather than the seminar. lol :)

We met up around 9 am at PRISM for the 10 am seminar. In attendance were pinglocalhostess, Jose Rizal, trinidad-lohner, natassja_keisha, and yours truly. I gave them (for K1) a photocopy of my valid id's, my NBI clearance, and Birth certificate and paid them P250. We filled out a form at S2 room and our individual pictures were taken just like in St. Luke's, where they used a webcam. Then we proceeded to S3 room for the documentary film, which I barely saw. lol...Well it's because we were seated at the back most and too busy making tsismis(tell stories/talking about other people). :) hehehe.. I suggest for those who want to see the video better to be seated in front row. The tv was too small and too low to be seen from behind. It's a documentary film by MGB, the pinay wife was exploited by her husband (from Netherlands) and was forced to pose nude for pics in freezing snow, on top of mountains! She ended up coming back to Philippines. I believe a post was made before about that film,it was better review than mine! lol :) I was busy having chit chat with ping and mrs. lohner. It was a short clip of pinay exploitation.

After that, a BDO representative gave a sales talk about their remittance services, were you only pay 50 pesos, give them a photocopy of your id and picture and they'll give you a passport and atm card. We were all encouraged to apply for the service. Actually, <_< the sales talk took a longer time as compared to the PRISM orientation and documentary film!

Then we proceeded to USA room for the group counseling, Which was the better part. A hand out was distributed containing all the information you need for travel, what to and NOT to bring, what to do upon arriving at US, when to apply for change of status, etc. So don't lose that one, keep it with your files, very informative. And a little lecture was given and finished by past 12.

After which we had a one on one interview with the counselor. It was just like our interview at the embassy, how did you meet, how do you communicate, when did he arrive, etc. but a little more detailed. Bevs was right you should know your fiance/spouse's middle name (their mother's maiden name). I showed the pictures of me and my fiance and the counselor took one for remembrance, este for their file. :) That was the last part and we waited for few minutes to receive our yellow certificate.

We went to BDO to claim our atm card and passbook, but to our surprise they have not processed our papers yet. since it was almost 2 pm, no lunch and we still have to go to CFO main, so we all decided to withdraw our application.

I am glad to attend the seminar with a company. It makes the waiting bearable and you get to meet in person our VJ friends. And all make tsismis! :)

Before going to Quirino Ave. be sure to have your yellow certificate photocopied. You'll pay 400, in my case I don't have my passport yet they only issued me a green certificate. I have to go back again for the stamp, to bring the certificate too, on my passport and to register my son as well.

For our very late lunch, we were all hungry by 4 pm (but we are still talking nonstop..hehehe), we went to MOA and met JamesRachel at A Venetto. Good thing she arrived early and made an order for us. So when we get there food was ready. We were really starving by then. It was a tiring but fun day! I don't have a pic but the others brought their cam and they promised to post the pics. :)

It is advisable to attend the seminar with VJ friends.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Monday? Can I have back Sunday? Not a good day at all. Should of hid under the bed! :wow: ... Anyway, could of been alot worse... :D

I had voter training this morning so the day has gone by quickly :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

left sunday in the US and fast forward to tuesday in Korea lol... no monday in between :blush: ... here at the airport waiting for our connecting flight. happy monday/tuesday everyone!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.