5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is probably a question which no one can accurately answer, but are there any statistics about how common administrative processing is for K1 visas? We have recently been requested to submit additional documents in our case which I suppose means that our chance is higher than average, and the fact that my fiance is Indian and is a Muslim with a common last name (although an uncommon first name) doesn't help our risk either, but should we just try to accept AP as a foregone conclusion, or is is still a minority luck of cases?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
This is probably a question which no one can accurately answer, but are there any statistics about how common administrative processing is for K1 visas? We have recently been requested to submit additional documents in our case which I suppose means that our chance is higher than average, and the fact that my fiance is Indian and is a Muslim with a common last name (although an uncommon first name) doesn't help our risk either, but should we just try to accept AP as a foregone conclusion, or is is still a minority luck of cases?

There are really no firm statistics on it. . .kind of a toss up, though being Muslim with a common name seems to make it more likely. . . The uncommon first name might help you though. . .hubby's first name wasn't so common so we didn't get security AP, we got a different type.

Prepare for the worst, pray for the best.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

Very true that there are no statistics or rhyme or reason to AP. Good advice to prepare for the worst and pray for the best. Be thankful that you will not be surprised if it does happen to you. My fiance and I NEVER saw it coming. I had no idea that there could be such a long delay after the interview. We've been waiting six months since the interview, and there are others that have been waiting a lot longer. :angry: Waiting waiting waiting...

Hopefully you'll have better luck.

India is getting longer and longer AP these days. It is best to prepare yourself for 6-8 months but keep in mind you may have a much shorter AP.

Best of luck,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Timeline
India is getting longer and longer AP these days. It is best to prepare yourself for 6-8 months but keep in mind you may have a much shorter AP.

Best of luck,

Tam

one woman i know she applied for k1 visa for her husband , they are in ap from 2005 till now , i am not here to scare you but i need to tell u the truth either u like it or not , but truth is truth and this is one case i heard i will believe that coz i my self is ap from the last 20 months now , and i am under cr1 , so anything can happen and u never what will happen to you , if u get ap u should be mentally prepared , but if u dont you are then very lucky ,

tammy any update on your visa ,

Best of luck,

Tam

one woman i know she applied for k1 visa for her husband , they are in ap from 2005 till now , i am not here to scare you but i need to tell u the truth either u like it or not , but truth is truth and this is one case i heard i will believe that coz i my self is ap from the last 20 months now , and i am under cr1 , so anything can happen and u never what will happen to you , if u get ap u should be mentally prepared , but if u dont you are then very lucky ,

tammy any update on your visa ,

forgot to mention they are from pakistan , and now they are married and applied for CR1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.