cutie baby

is unemployment check considered income?

17 posts in this topic

hello vjers..i have a question...is unemployment check considered income? i am so anxious with my interview coming thats why i ask a lot of question here at visa journey...we have a co sponsor filed at NVCand our case is complete and we have interview date but we did not know if she accepted as a co sponsor because in her tax return she did not make enough BUT we provide award letter from her SSI retirement and VA disability which she make over poverty line if that is accepted as an income....do you think NVC will not complete our case if they dont accept my mom in law as a co sponsor? please i need ideas about this...so nervous right now

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
its not taxable income thats why it wont show on her tax return.....

sorry i misunderstand your reply i think you say yes for the unemployment check i think...

oh we got the same situition..but we just filed last september for k3. Hope to keep in touch with you soon I will add you in my frends list. But I think YOU WILL BE FINE. :thumbs: I WILL PRAY FOR YOU.

<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" target="_blank">

1erbva.png

</a>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
its not taxable income thats why it wont show on her tax return.....

sorry i misunderstand your reply i think you say yes for the unemployment check i think...

oh we got the same situition..but we just filed last september for k3. Hope to keep in touch with you soon I will add you in my frends list. But I think YOU WILL BE FINE. :thumbs: I WILL PRAY FOR YOU.

how is it not taxable. i get a statement for my taxes every year from unemployement. they also take taxes out of my check.

i have to claim it on my taxes when i file every year. yes it is taxable.

Filed: Timeline

Unemployment is taxable income. You get a statement. You have to claim it on your taxes, or you are committing tax fraud.

So, yes... it is considered income. I had some time between IT projects for the year before Mags and I got engaged. A total of about 3 months on unemployment. I had no problems.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

thank you for all the reply..now it is clear on my end that unemployment check is considered income....hope i will be fine with my mom in law as a co sponsor because her income doesnt show on her return because SSI retirement and VA disability is not taxable....

Filed: Timeline
thanks...can i have your ym so that we can chat?

Don't have YM. Or AIM, or ICQ, or MSN. Once Mags arrived, I stopped using them completely.

You should be fine, though.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
hello vjers..i have a question...is unemployment check considered income? i am so anxious with my interview coming thats why i ask a lot of question here at visa journey...we have a co sponsor filed at NVCand our case is complete and we have interview date but we did not know if she accepted as a co sponsor because in her tax return she did not make enough BUT we provide award letter from her SSI retirement and VA disability which she make over poverty line if that is accepted as an income....do you think NVC will not complete our case if they dont accept my mom in law as a co sponsor? please i need ideas about this...so nervous right now

Since these are reliable checks (not unemployment checks, which are temporary) you are OK. But be sure to submit evidence that these checks are coming on a regular basis, even though they are not taxed. Letters of award of SSI may not be enough evidence.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

are the checks direct deposit, or at least deposited in an account every month around the same time.. If so get a bank statement which you will need anyway. also a notorized affidavit saying the income is steady might work.

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.