TROPHY HUNTERS

119 posts in this topic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not much of a hunter simply because there are not too many hunting grounds here in Southern California, except in the desert foothills where there is an occasional grouse or quail. However, I'd like to share some of my fishing anecdotes, as we all know that hunting and fishing are twins, more commonly known in the sportsman's lingo as field and stream.

The first instance that come to my mind was when I hooked a 6 lb catfish while fishing for rainbows at Lake Jennings in El Cajon, Calif. The odd thing here was that my tackle was very light, the line was just a 2 lb test line, and the bait was a kernel of corn under a mini marshmallow on a tiny single hook. It took me 30 minutes to land the ugly fat catfish after it dragged my loose line into the reeds and submerged chaparral. :thumbs:

The second one would be when I reeled in a 5 lb speckled sea trout from the Gulf of Mexico just off the state park in Galveston, Tex. This was way before Ike, of course, back in the early 90s when I lived in Euless, Tex. As you would see, a 5 lb trout is a giant among its friends as the average size would be just over a pound. :star:

Lastly, my most memorable fishing saga happened at Shadow Cliffs Reservoir, outside Pleasanton, Calif. I was living in Union City, Calif. at that time and I visited this particular fishing hole almost every Saturday during late fall and early spring just to prove that my angling prowess is still there and possibly get me a trophy. But on one November morning, after answering the call of nature at the outhouse located about 50 yards from my fishing hole, as I was going down the bank to the water's edge, my fishing pole was being dragged into the water. I tried to grab the pole but it was too late as an apparently huge catfish or a lunker trout robbed me of my pole, hook, line and sinker and everything! :lol:

Im a trophy hunter....u should see my wife!!!! yowsers!!!!

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: Timeline

Trophy Hunters = FAIL!

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

I am an avid outdoors person. Grew up in the piney woods of East Texas. When I was younger I prefered hunting over fishing. As the years have gone on hunting in my area has become more and more expensive. I still hunt, however not as much as before. I prefer venison over beef any day.

A few years ago I decided to put hunting on the shelf for awhile. Started bass fishing year round. I have had a few good tournaments. I placed twenty first in a tournament with over four thousand contestants. They paid twenty places. Nearly all my fish are catch and release. The ones over ten pounds get a photo before release.

People in my area are fortunate, we have acccess to numerous lakes within an hour of here. My favorite is Lake Fork. It produces many large fish year after year. The Texas state record 18.18 pounds was caught there. Caught by a guy that was perch fishing. I'll bet that was a suprise!!!

Good Luck

john

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

let's include something about the philippines to keep this in this forum.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I DISCOVERED A REAL TROPHY IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!

that's a given. but is there any hunting in pi? wild boar? deer?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

those menacing CARABAO!!! :lol:

Well I know they hunt for stray dogs and cook them...I forget what its called there but its very tasty from what I heard. But you know, there isnt much sport in hunting Fido or trophies either...

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Timeline

so is there any game to hunt in pi? wild pigs, birds, anything?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Iceland
Timeline

American husbands

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.