lizamaki

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE FOR THE RECORD -- ugh!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I pray that someone from USCIS will be able to read this.

When we filed for my k-1 petition, I believed everything I read on the USCIS site. This includes timelines, RFE's, etc.

I remembered reading that if there is something missing in your documents or an additional evidence is needed, USCIS will notify you immediately, after they receive your papers. I took this to mean as a week or two after we receive our NOA1.

Since we received our NOA1 on Feb. 6, and got our first touch on the 7th, I never thought we will still be getting an RFE 7 months after. The most surprising part about it is that the RFE was just a very minor error on the application form. It was a space left blank instead of writing "N/A". We kept saying to ourselves, "they could have sent this back to us a long time ago".

As if that wasn't enough, we got another notice that USCIS sent us another RFE the other day. I wonder what it is this time.

I know that I am not alone in this. I know that others have suffered the same fate in the hands of people from USCIS. I know that others feel bad for those like me and they can't do anything about it as well.

I am so thankful to those who continue to encourage me. God bless you more for that.

At this point, it is really in God's hands. I have gotten sick and tired trying to figure out what is happening to my papers. All I want is to finally be with the man I love and start my new life and begin with the vision that God has given the two of us.

Keep us in your prayers.

Liza

When we filed for my k-1 petition, I believed everything I read on the USCIS site. This includes timelines, RFE's, etc.

I remembered reading that if there is something missing in your documents or an additional evidence is needed, USCIS will notify you immediately, after they receive your papers. I took this to mean as a week or two after we receive our NOA1.

Since we received our NOA1 on Feb. 6, and got our first touch on the 7th, I never thought we will still be getting an RFE 7 months after. The most surprising part about it is that the RFE was just a very minor error on the application form. It was a space left blank instead of writing "N/A". We kept saying to ourselves, "they could have sent this back to us a long time ago".

As if that wasn't enough, we got another notice that USCIS sent us another RFE the other day. I wonder what it is this time.

I know that I am not alone in this. I know that others have suffered the same fate in the hands of people from USCIS. I know that others feel bad for those like me and they can't do anything about it as well.

I am so thankful to those who continue to encourage me. God bless you more for that.

At this point, it is really in God's hands. I have gotten sick and tired trying to figure out what is happening to my papers. All I want is to finally be with the man I love and start my new life and begin with the vision that God has given the two of us.

Keep us in your prayers.

Liza

I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope you will receive the RFE soon so you can find out what you need to send to them and get the process rolling again. At times, there seems to be no logical reason why CSC operate the way they do. To most of us, we would think that they would have found the first small error way before 7 months but there you go!. We have no choice but to go with the flow of it all.

(And I understand that they have LOTS of files to wade through and are probably way under staffed. But it doesn't stop us from feeling frustrated at the whole process)

If it's any consolation, it does appear (from reading other posts here in the same situation) that once you reply to the RFE the approval is usually quite swift.

so hang in there! Best wishes! (F)

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Keep us in your prayers.

Liza

I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope you will receive the RFE soon so you can find out what you need to send to them and get the process rolling again. At times, there seems to be no logical reason why CSC operate the way they do. To most of us, we would think that they would have found the first small error way before 7 months but there you go!. We have no choice but to go with the flow of it all.

(And I understand that they have LOTS of files to wade through and are probably way under staffed. But it doesn't stop us from feeling frustrated at the whole process)

If it's any consolation, it does appear (from reading other posts here in the same situation) that once you reply to the RFE the approval is usually quite swift.

so hang in there! Best wishes! (F)

thanks for your concern. i appreciate it. God bless you.

I am sorry to hear this. i guess this can happen to any of us. I mean when we filed our petition we didn't have so much info like we do now (thanks VJ). I am sure we did some mistakes too and here we are waiting for a reply.... :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Keep us in your prayers.

Liza

wow! i didnt know you could get a rfe for something like that! well...it could happen to anyone. Its in God's hands n He has the best in store for you. everything is in His perfect timing. Keep trusting n praying! God bless u and your fiance! The Lord is with you and will see you through! xx

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

Keep us in your prayers.

Liza

wow! i didnt know you could get a rfe for something like that! well...it could happen to anyone. Its in God's hands n He has the best in store for you. everything is in His perfect timing. Keep trusting n praying! God bless u and your fiance! The Lord is with you and will see you through! xx

thank you for this. yes ... the Lord will see us through. God bless you both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sorry for your disappointment Lizamaki.

Apparently, I've always been told that your file is not even looked at during the first few months while you await (between NOA1 and NOA2). It is then that they actually start the case. That is why RFE's don't appear during the first few months. I asked the same question way back when we were waiting for NOA2, and that is what I was told.

Ironically, we did not have ANY problems until INTERVIEW time. Now, we have to get new police certificates from 2 separate countries, when we already had the exact same certificates presented at the interview.

It appears as if they sometimes find all kinds of minor things for the strangest reasons.

I pray that your case soon gets back into action, and that no further delays are put before you.

(You don't even know me, but I had to send you my best wishes, because I know how this process can make you feel very down at times. God Bless You).

Stevi

Edited by stevi1123

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Keep us in your prayers.

Liza

im sorry to hear this, but yeah USCIS got alot delays, while were still waitng for our NOA2 my frustration reach from the very high level, esp when i saw some got NOA2 just after 19 days or not less than a month from the day they got there NOA1, knowing that im waiting for 3 to 4 most already,(well sorry but we cannot take than feeling from us) isnt it so frustrating? u know what IMOE dealing with immgration is a game, u get lucky and u win by the faster time they can give u, u get unlucky by the snail time process they gave you, it just 2 way, u get lucky and get unlucky with them. after received our NOA2, everything went so fast, after 2 weeks we already had our ineterview date and my medical exam. but look, i was been interviewed last Sep 18 at the USEM, but untill from this moment i dont have my visa in my hands yet, im on my 6 weeks of waiting, what frustrate me and give me pain seeing applicanst who went to the interview late than me, got there visa after 1-2 days of interview, will im not frustrated(again sorry this is just normal for whose been waiting for long) that they got it quick, im frustrated cuz USEM people dont treat us fairly, that all of us have just the same amouth of payments. that kind of treatment is anywhere with IMMIGRATION LIFE. hard to deal of but, we cannot do nothing but go with what kind of flow they have for us, i hope we have voice to complain for this and to change how they been treating us all here. we only ask for their FAIRLY SERVICE for everybody. sis dont worry to much, i know soon as soon as u can give them what they want you will be have your NOA2, i wish u GOOD LUCK anf i wish all of us here GOOD LUCK everyday!

Edited by bevs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bevs, I did not know that you were still waiting. I am so sorry about that. You were so HAPPY when you got your NOA2, and by now, I thought you were finished with this part of the visa journey and that you were on your way to your sweetheart. I don't quite understand this government that allows so many illegal immigrants into this U.S.A, but puts the honest people who go through this process through such unfair treatment. What kind of sense does that make? On CNN last week, they said that at least 20 percent of visa's were granted to fraudulent persons.

But God sees EVERYTHING, and He knows that we are good people. He has His plan for us already laid out. All we have to do is keep doing the right thing and keep following His guidelines for our lives. He will make sure we are taken care of.

God bless us All PLEASE.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Bevs, I did not know that you were still waiting. I am so sorry about that. You were so HAPPY when you got your NOA2, and by now, I thought you were finished with this part of the visa journey and that you were on your way to your sweetheart. I don't quite understand this government that allows so many illegal immigrants into this U.S.A, but puts the honest people who go through this process through such unfair treatment. What kind of sense does that make? On CNN last week, they said that at least 20 percent of visa's were granted to fraudulent persons.

But God sees EVERYTHING, and He knows that we are good people. He has His plan for us already laid out. All we have to do is keep doing the right thing and keep following His guidelines for our lives. He will make sure we are taken care of.

God bless us All PLEASE.

Stevi1123, yeah im still on the pain of waiting, we miss alot of event already my mom inlaw BDAY, for sure my SON first HALLOWEEN party will be impossible to happen now, thanksgiving will probably, my dad inlaw and my sis in law bday's , Our son bday's, xmas or mine bday or Alex bday??? i dont anymore, this visa waiting is a worse than waiting for my NOA2 for almost 6 mos. it hurt me Stevi1123, i feel they are pushing me do down, yes alot are fake, even alot are lack of evedence yet they grant them VISA, how does it make the service fair to everybody, all USE are lacking with something, i guess they are not blind, they are not deaf, not to see us and not to hear us. look like that they are so happy by hurting us, letting us wait for so long, OMG, my son is growing everyday, everyday his thinks different, he asked me alot of question now, one time he ask me, why does his big banner was at DAD's place, and his nice bed, and his nice toy, he ask why daddy still on laptop, why daddy dont visit him anymore, its been 8 mos last james and alex see each other. he is just 2, turning 3 this dec, how can i explain to our son about visa stuff, he wouldnt probably surely understand anything about it, even how much i will try to explain, did USEM thinks its funny seeing a little boy longing for his daddy? does this immigration knew about how we feel everyday single day we are apart from our love ones? it really hard to understand, why they are giving us hard time that we are all REAL couple here. but i know stevi in the GOD's RIGHT TIME, our visa will be in our hands, i feel its sooner and i do hope for this for all of us. GOD BLESS US ALL!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.