Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• 3 weeks later...

It's devastating! I have been waiting for the visa for over a year - and was going to bring my redundancy money over - I think I just 'lost' about $15,000 in a week. If only VSC had got their act together earlier....

I have just been paid for three months' work this week that I was hoping to send to Alex as soon as possible! :( To lsma and anyone else who was planning on sending money - you have my full sympathies!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

This is terrible, not only will I lose money on the x rate but I dare not even check how much my savings plans are now worth

I think that this is around the rate it will be staying for a while

It is killing me at work as we pay for everything in $'s and it is a total nightmare, I think that I will probably be made redundant before I leave for America, and not with as much money as I thought I would have.

What goes down has to go up doesn't it I think I will take less to the states with me and leave as much here waiting for the best

Think it is gonna be a hard year next year

I thought that I would leave more here and wait to take it over when we absolutely need it. Although I was hoping to use it for a house deposit as soon as possible.

I agree - next year is going to be a tough year.

I am no expert on this but talking to my financial director today when he told us all we are now to work on a rate of $1.50 he thinks that it was unlikely that we would see the $2 rate again or for a very long time, he said that rate was inflated that is why we never worked on higher than $1.72, he thinks it will go up again but looking long term at $1.60

Hope he is wrong but he studies it all the time so I bow to his advise, but not good for us who wanted the higher rate to stay

So sorry you lost that much, I am to scared to check my saving plans, I was going to cash them in, but I think when I go I will just not pay into them anymore and sit on them hopeing for the best, and if it does go up cash them in

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
For those UKers who still have money is the UK, this is not so funny. :(

It's devastating! I have been waiting for the visa for over a year - and was going to bring my redundancy money over - I think I just 'lost' about $15,000 in a week. If only VSC had got their act together earlier....

I have just been paid for three months' work this week that I was hoping to send to Alex as soon as possible! :( To lsma and anyone else who was planning on sending money - you have my full sympathies!

I know it really sucks for you guys, sorry.

That said, the 2-to-1 thing was ridiculous. Now the exchange rate is back to what it was in

the '80s and '90s. I can actually use my US credit cards in the UK and not feel like a

third-world refugee.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am no expert on this but talking to my financial director today when he told us all we are now to work on a rate of $1.50 he thinks that it was unlikely that we would see the $2 rate again or for a very long time, he said that rate was inflated that is why we never worked on higher than $1.72, he thinks it will go up again but looking long term at $1.60

Actually, the trend is still strongly bearish, so if anything, it'll probably go DOWN further,

possibly to $1.40 or even lower.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.