Jaminzel

Visa approval

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ community,

My fiance's friend told her that everyone was too terrified to ask if whether or not they were approved in the interview, so no one was able to find out from what she was told and my fiance's friend left with out finding out, can anyone tell us if there is a way to know, other than just asking? Also, is it possible to pick up the visa after the interview? any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

K-1 VISA

Jan/10/08 - I-129f submitted

Jan/24/08 - RFE (incorrect amount sent)

Feb/01/08 - correct amount sent

Feb/06/08 - NOA1 received

Jul /03/08 - RFE (Evidence of meeting)

Jul /17/08 - visa stamped page sent

Aug/14/08 - NOA2 Approved!!!

Sep/22/08 - Medical (pending sputum)

Sep/29/08 - 3 days sputum collection

Oct/02/08 - interview (to be re-sched. by saint luke)

Dec/08/08 - medical Approved!!!

Dec/22/08 - interview APPROVED!!! YAHOOOO!!!

Jan/01/09 - visa in hand!!!

Jan/14/09 - Arrived on U.S.A ( Idaho)

Jan/21/09 - married!!!

------------------------------------

AOS

2009/02/09 - Filed AOS

2009/02/17 - NOA

2009/03/06 - Biometrics

2009/05/05 - Interview PASSED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If someone is "denied" the Consul will surely inform the applicant, but that is very unlikely to happen. Based on the VJ members' experience (who went through interview), almost everyone were approved. If the applicant did not provide sufficient evidence/requirements, USEM will request for it from the applicant. Make sure that your fiancee will bring enough evidence and the requirements (DS forms, Affidavit of Support & all legal papers required) during her interview to avoid white slip and delays. Don't stress yourself too much. Be positive. She will get approval :thumbs:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you will be given a pink form going to delbros booth for visa delivery. if pink and white, white means, an administrative review and visa will be details until you have submitted the required documents in the form.

Hi VJ community,

My fiance's friend told her that everyone was too terrified to ask if whether or not they were approved in the interview, so no one was able to find out from what she was told and my fiance's friend left with out finding out, can anyone tell us if there is a way to know, other than just asking? Also, is it possible to pick up the visa after the interview? any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe that there is no need for an applicant to ask the Consul whether he is approved or denied. Most Consuls in Manila are professional enough to advise the applicant whether he is denied or approved at the conclusion of the interview. The code for an approved interview is a pink slip...the code for a conditionally approved interview is a white slip (to signify that submission of further documents like a DV is required so that the applicant can be fully approved)...i hope this makes sense :)

Essentially, visa applicants with petitions -K1, K2, K3, CR1, F2B, IR1 - are not usually denied unless the Consul probes that there is reason to deny like fraud or the applicant is not psychologically prepared to emigrate to the US.... just my pure thoughts...i am not quoting anyone and i am not an immigration lawyer :) i hope i am a lawyer... :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are possible signs that you might be denied if:

1. The passport is returned to you.

2. You werent given a pink slip and they didnt ask you to pay the visa delivery fee.

3. They are scheduling another interview and its with FPU (Fraud Protection Unit).

Dont worry :). As long as you provided all the requirements and all of them are legit (no counterfeits), you guys should be okay. You dont even have to ask the CO if you are approved or denied, he/she'll tell you him/herself. Its their protocol to do so. You can ask the CO though if you can pick up the visa... it would be entirely up to the CO if he/she would allow it. But if you are asked to pay the visa delivery pay then it will be delivered to you.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks to all of you in the VJ community, May GOD bless each of you for your kindness

Thanks,

Ben

K-1 VISA

Jan/10/08 - I-129f submitted

Jan/24/08 - RFE (incorrect amount sent)

Feb/01/08 - correct amount sent

Feb/06/08 - NOA1 received

Jul /03/08 - RFE (Evidence of meeting)

Jul /17/08 - visa stamped page sent

Aug/14/08 - NOA2 Approved!!!

Sep/22/08 - Medical (pending sputum)

Sep/29/08 - 3 days sputum collection

Oct/02/08 - interview (to be re-sched. by saint luke)

Dec/08/08 - medical Approved!!!

Dec/22/08 - interview APPROVED!!! YAHOOOO!!!

Jan/01/09 - visa in hand!!!

Jan/14/09 - Arrived on U.S.A ( Idaho)

Jan/21/09 - married!!!

------------------------------------

AOS

2009/02/09 - Filed AOS

2009/02/17 - NOA

2009/03/06 - Biometrics

2009/05/05 - Interview PASSED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.