Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

he told me that he wont update my status online for "security reasons"

He who? Security reasons?

the immigration officer on the phone.

i have no idea whats going on, all i know is that the status hasnt changed online. . .

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Security reasons? Pfff! That is weird ! :blink:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CONGRATS Navid+Hediyeh !!! :dancing:

May the rest of your visa journey speeds up from now on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Sara - I'm so sorry to see you are having such a bad day.

Maybe you should just start counting down the days until you move to India.

I was crying yesterday after my infopass appointment and my 16 year old son even told me I should just move to Sweden for a year and leave him and his brother here with their dad!

I feel like my heart is on 2 continents. Here with my kids and family and there with the love of my life.

I'm off to see another lawyer tomorrow. She wants to look at my case and see if she can find any errors in it or be able to help in anyway. I seriously just want to shove him in a suitcase and drive him over the border.

I'm so sick of all this #######!

Wendy

yes i know what u mean completely and i am counting the days until june because at this very minute that is all that i can look forward to i dont see anything good happening at csc anytime in the near future. my future father in law is here visiting and he is being very supportive and helpful im really happy that he came for a visit it has improved our relationship so much with perviz family.

i hope that you get ur noa2 before mine, i think it would just be too hard to make the choice between ur man that u love and ur children even if only for a year it would be heart breaking, and these are our wonderful governmental employees that are suppose to keep families together? personally i think they should be renamed home wreckers!!!!

sara

Thanks Sara -

Yeah - there is no way I can leave my kids and I can't expect them to leave everything behind and move to Sweden either. So here I sit. We'll see what the lawyer has to say today....

Wendy

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I should have joined this group a long time ago. It's been 9 months and counting. The way our case has been handled is completely ridiculous as all of you are very familiar. I'm sad to join this group, and I'm sad that this group even exists, but I come bearing what I hope is good news, and maybe will brighten some of your days. Here's a link to a report that may be exciting news for some who are stuck in background checks, if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

This made me feel a tiny bit of hope like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully it does the same for those of you who are waiting on background checks. So hello everyone, hopefully we all make it out of this group very soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Well, I should have joined this group a long time ago. It's been 9 months and counting. The way our case has been handled is completely ridiculous as all of you are very familiar. I'm sad to join this group, and I'm sad that this group even exists, but I come bearing what I hope is good news, and maybe will brighten some of your days. Here's a link to a report that may be exciting news for some who are stuck in background checks, if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

This made me feel a tiny bit of hope like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully it does the same for those of you who are waiting on background checks. So hello everyone, hopefully we all make it out of this group very soon!

Sounds like a good news, the problem is most of us dont know when we enter security check and if we're in them right now...at least i dont have an idea..is it since we filled? :wacko:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not entirely sure, but I would imagine that it would be a from a few months after you filed, but they said that by the end of June 98% of all cases pending more than 30 days will be cleared, so you know that its been AT LEAST 30 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm not entirely sure, but I would imagine that it would be a from a few months after you filed, but they said that by the end of June 98% of all cases pending more than 30 days will be cleared, so you know that its been AT LEAST 30 days.

Thanks for that link. That's helpful anyway. Someone posted on here a while ago that an officer told them the date they entered security checks. I have an infopass appointment tomorrow, so it's worth a try for me to ask them.

Sara - this article sounds like it should be good news for you. I'm hoping for your approval asap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just got back from talking to a second lawyer. Now she just told me that background check is Bullshit and that all they need to check is that you are both single and have seen each other in the past two years. She said they don't do the "Background check" until it gets to the American Embassy in the fiance'e country.

I'm starting to wonder if all these Lawyers, Congressman, Senators and USCIS employees have and idea what they are talking about?????

I feel like USCIS is like "The great and powerful OZ" "Don't look behind the curtain!" No one knows whats back there!

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Timeline
Just got back from talking to a second lawyer. Now she just told me that background check is Bullshit and that all they need to check is that you are both single and have seen each other in the past two years. She said they don't do the "Background check" until it gets to the American Embassy in the fiance'e country.

I'm starting to wonder if all these Lawyers, Congressman, Senators and USCIS employees have and idea what they are talking about?????

I feel like USCIS is like "The great and powerful OZ" "Don't look behind the curtain!" No one knows whats back there!

What???? that's #######. Who should we believe then? It does make you wonder though why does the initial background check take months and then the check with nvc take days and then the check with the consulate takes??? What does this attorney suggest you do then? Did you file the case originally with an attorney, or just went to one for advice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am glad to say that my time to exit this group has occured. NOA2 on Feb 3 - Packet 3 from the embassy arrived Feb 24 - We have interview scheduled for 18 Mar - and I depart for the Phlippines on 16 Mar. Hang in there everyone! I hope that our numbers dwindle rather than grow!

Best of Luck!!

Tony and Mary

02/29/2008 - NOA1

04/28/2008 - Touched

09/02/2008 - Letter to Ombudsman #1

10/20/2008 - reply from Ombudsman #1 "review is still in process"

10/27/2008 - Letter to Ombudsman #2 "what does that mean?"

11/14/2008 - USCIS takes service request - finally something!

11/21/2008 - USCIS service request reply - "awaiting info from another office"

11/24/2008 - reply from Ombudsman #2 "case is actively being worked"

12/13/2008 - Letter to Ombudsman #3 "what part of the process is the hold up?" Copy to Senator/chief USCIS COPS

12/15/2008 - Letter to Senator #1 "Help" w/copies of SR and Omb letters

12/19/2008 - Senator response - "USCIS says pending because of the security checks"

11/24/2008 - Touched

12/24/2008 - email RFE coming

12/29/2008 - RFE arrived more photo and another copy of my BC (why wait til now to ask?)

12/30/2008 - Touched

12/30/2008 - Sent reply to RFE

1/05/2009 - Touched

1/05/2009 - Email from USCIS verifying receipt of RFE

2/03/2009 - NOA2 Finally!!

2/24/2009 - Packet 3 from manila

3/09/2009 - Medical

3/18/2009 - Interview

4/03/2009 - VISA

4/09/2009 - Arrival in Atlanta!

Timeline
I am glad to say that my time to exit this group has occured. NOA2 on Feb 3 - Packet 3 from the embassy arrived Feb 24 - We have interview scheduled for 18 Mar - and I depart for the Phlippines on 16 Mar. Hang in there everyone! I hope that our numbers dwindle rather than grow!

Best of Luck!!

Congratulations!!!!

I!

While I know nothing of the inner workings at USCIS, I would agree.

I thought background checking on the beneficiary takes place at their consualte (where they have access the fiance's local police records).

Petitioner checking at USCIS seems like a dumb idea, because the petitioner is already an American and legally inside the US. The few issues that would prevent a petitioner from being approved should be huge red flags that are immediately visible in their FBI file.

What is it that takes lots of time and deep searching to find??

Edited by Ed+Cindy

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

You know what I'd really like to do? Get a job at USICS, kick some b*ts and sort the place out. :)

Pity that both VSC and CSC are on the opposite ends of the country to where I'm hoping to end up soon (please G-d). ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hey EVERYbody i was approved on monday. . .

no hard copy yet tho

Yayyyyyy! I'm so happy for you!!!! Guess what? I'm in England now and my sister texted me today that I got an approval letter! I ran and woke up Paul and told him! I can not BELIEVE it!! Thank you Jesus!!!! She said it says approved 2/26/09. So i guess I got approved but didn't get an email me, and my status still says pending and no touches. I havent seen the letter tho.

Navid... you were right, we got our approvals the same time!

I can't wait for everyone else to get approved! I'm sorry that this system is so unfair. I honestly think my congress inquiry worked, but i have no idea why it took so long. Well at least I got to tell him in person. I will update my status now.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.