6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys, it is sad, but this entire thread is sad too. I'm not taking away from the fact that you're all still here, waiting.. COME ON GOOD NEWS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I looked more into the process of moving there and to do that I would need to file a K1 myself and start the process all over again. I cant simply move there n marry him, I would get deported and banned (a gal on immigrate2us did this and learned the hard way). I think our best bet is to continue with our K1, if we get denied the waiver we can refile or I can file a K1 and move there. this is going to be a long process. I wont give up tho this is a nightmare come true. I love him so much and I'm not giving up!

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning vj'rs.

I was kind of hoping that I would not have to join this thread. I'm convinced I will be here for a while as well. I do spend a lot of time reading VJ, and now looking at other sites explaining laws and regulations.

Yesterday got an email from congressman, explaining that my file went to the adjudicator on the 19th. I met with the representative for the first time on the 20th, so it sounds to me as if my congressman got the same local song and dance you get when you call the national call center. And then graciously told me that if I do not hear from them within 30 days, to call her back and she will look into the case again.

Still no answers as to why I received an RFE requesting a divorce decree from two people neither myself nor my fiance know, and this RFE, had all of our information on it. EAC #, Petitioner #, and both our names........

Considered filing a complaint with Ombudsman by the end of the week. Even though I have about 20 days to go before my petition is beyond their 60 day allotment to look at my file again, I believe there is something wrong that is delaying this case. Still no touch's.

Any suggestions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
good morning vj'rs.

I was kind of hoping that I would not have to join this thread. I'm convinced I will be here for a while as well. I do spend a lot of time reading VJ, and now looking at other sites explaining laws and regulations.

Yesterday got an email from congressman, explaining that my file went to the adjudicator on the 19th. I met with the representative for the first time on the 20th, so it sounds to me as if my congressman got the same local song and dance you get when you call the national call center. And then graciously told me that if I do not hear from them within 30 days, to call her back and she will look into the case again.

Still no answers as to why I received an RFE requesting a divorce decree from two people neither myself nor my fiance know, and this RFE, had all of our information on it. EAC #, Petitioner #, and both our names........

Considered filing a complaint with Ombudsman by the end of the week. Even though I have about 20 days to go before my petition is beyond their 60 day allotment to look at my file again, I believe there is something wrong that is delaying this case. Still no touch's.

Any suggestions?

i dont know if ur case is with adjudicator it has made it further than mine has so i personally see that as a good sign, ur congressman didnt get the worn out its in security or back ground review that mine always get, so maybe u will be given a noa2 in june. :)

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i dont know if ur case is with adjudicator it has made it further than mine has so i personally see that as a good sign, ur congressman didnt get the worn out its in security or back ground review that mine always get, so maybe u will be given a noa2 in june. :)

sara

I hope so. the only thing that concerns me is that they made a very huge mistake, and somehow got our file crossed with someone else's. This is what I believe is holding up the case. I could be wrong, but if you had a file sitting on your desk for a month, and all you needed to do was look to make sure the proper document was sent in, wouldn't you either deny, or approve based on this, and get the file off your desk?

I have read your timeline. Quite a few touch's but noone wants to "wrap it up". I do not understand this. We pay enormous fee's now for these petitions, and this is the kind of treatment we get? I guess I should not expect much, it is the "government".

Timeline

well if u supplied information that neither of u knew these people and there had been a mistake unless u get thrown into extra security checks or back ground checks i think u should be ok.

wrap it up? i wish they would just ship us out and let the embassy deal with us im so sick of their inability to do ANYTHING and also the lies that come out of csc my God.

the extra fees we ended up paying i think went in someones pocket because i myself do not see a change in the way that they do business, most people are getting thru faster these days but i believe thats due to the fact that there is not a rush on petitions going in to try to get ahead of the fee change so its pretty much back to normal.......

sara

I looked more into the process of moving there and to do that I would need to file a K1 myself and start the process all over again. I cant simply move there n marry him, I would get deported and banned (a gal on immigrate2us did this and learned the hard way). I think our best bet is to continue with our K1, if we get denied the waiver we can refile or I can file a K1 and move there. this is going to be a long process. I wont give up tho this is a nightmare come true. I love him so much and I'm not giving up!

I hear that the UK fiance visa takes days-weeks to get as opposed to months. I know someone from London who had her American fiance recieve his visa in less than a WEEK. He was on British soil in 2 weeks from applying. This is because there isn't a petition stage that takes 4-6 months for approval. If you want, I can ask her for information (though they've just got married so I doubt they want anything to do with immigration rules for a while ;) )

Edited by Gemmie

Timeline

it feels like im always asking for favors from u all but could u guys say some extra prayers for us?

perviz has an interview for visitor visa on the 12th of june at 10:30 a.m.

because india hardly ever gives visitor visa and with the circumstances we are facing is prolly unlikely he will be given it but i feel that prayer is everything so plz plz pray for him

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sara - Of COURSE we will all pray for Perviz to get the Visitor Visa. I still can't believe your case is still pending, doesn't make any sense. If they have a problem why don't they just DENY it???? Must be because there is no problem!

PB&JAM - don't give up!!! If the appeal doesn't work I think you should move there. Better to be together and poor!

Or could you both move to a Mexican border town and you could commute to S. California? I was thinking if we got denied I could move to the Toronto, Canada area and work in Michigan.

It breaks my heart to hear your stories.

Wendy

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Timeline
Sara - Of COURSE we will all pray for Perviz to get the Visitor Visa. I still can't believe your case is still pending, doesn't make any sense. If they have a problem why don't they just DENY it???? Must be because there is no problem!

PB&JAM - don't give up!!! If the appeal doesn't work I think you should move there. Better to be together and poor!

Or could you both move to a Mexican border town and you could commute to S. California? I was thinking if we got denied I could move to the Toronto, Canada area and work in Michigan.

Wendy

thank you for the prayers

pb&jam u know thats an idea that might work moving to Mexico on the boarder and commuting there are few Americans i have heard of doing that.

and ur still in our prayers i sure hope it dont come to that.

sara

Count me in for the prayer session too. I will also need to figure out what time it is in Romania when in India is 10.30 am, so that I am also praying while Perviz is inside the Embassy. :thumbs:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Timeline
it feels like im always asking for favors from u all but could u guys say some extra prayers for us?

perviz has an interview for visitor visa on the 12th of june at 10:30 a.m.

because india hardly ever gives visitor visa and with the circumstances we are facing is prolly unlikely he will be given it but i feel that prayer is everything so plz plz pray for him

sara

of course will pray! you never ask for favors n I'm sure most of us would do anything we could to help u, if we knew wat to do! never hesitate to ask us anything, i'm sure i speak for everyone! you are beloved and all of VJ is rooting for you!! (L)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

Wendy

thank you for the prayers

pb&jam u know thats an idea that might work moving to Mexico on the boarder and commuting there are few Americans i have heard of doing that.

and ur still in our prayers i sure hope it dont come to that.

sara

hmm thats an idea. but we need this waiver to get worked out b/c paul is not allowed in the US now...til we get some solution.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.