Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Anything new after infopass Sara?

well i called the white house yesterday, they instructed me to contact all the normal blah blah blah places then after i told them what was going on they gave me the fax number to send our case to.

so i guess if i dont hear anything i will fax it once a week until i do :devil:

sara

Fax EVERYDAY Sara!

well that prolly would be better and get attention faster cuz i know that someone has to look at what comes in and they them self decide of the pres will get it.

i also sent an email to them, and one to our congressman and senator seems i better just stay on them so that im a pain in their back side.....

i think after the holiday it would not hurt to fax csc as well,

sara

yes! this is good! fax them both everyday! best wishes my friend!! xx

i just looked at ur time line..........what happened??????

sara

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

awe nuts!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt see it before im so so sorry (F):wub:

im still praying for u.

sara

yeah, its looking kinda hopeless. i'll probly have to get a 5k lawyer. Honestly, my fiance cant afford to take care of me if i move there, its too costly to live there with low wages. I dont know wat to do, resign us to being a long distance couple the rest of our lives? he messed up years ago n its unforgivable! I cant live without him. this process is killing me... I honestly secretly think, hmm, if i get mangled in a car wreck, then i will have a good solid extreme hardship there. how sad is that? :crying:

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

awe nuts!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt see it before im so so sorry (F):wub:

im still praying for u.

sara

yeah, its looking kinda hopeless. i'll probly have to get a 5k lawyer. Honestly, my fiance cant afford to take care of me if i move there, its too costly to live there with low wages. I dont know wat to do, resign us to being a long distance couple the rest of our lives? he messed up years ago n its unforgivable! I cant live without him. this process is killing me... I honestly secretly think, hmm, if i get mangled in a car wreck, then i will have a good solid extreme hardship there. how sad is that? :crying:

have they made a decision on the waiver? i think that something that was done that long ago should have no effect on ur case unless it was something like killing someone or rape or something like that but theft?

at age 19 every kid is a little mmm strange, and trying to figure out where they belong, some do something stupid some dont.

at least talk to an attorney about this and see what they say.

never give up! u have came this far, keep going i know its hard and sometimes seems impossible to win but we are here for u, maybe all i can do is give prayers but i know u can over come this.

sara

Timeline
have they made a decision on the waiver? i think that something that was done that long ago should have no effect on ur case unless it was something like killing someone or rape or something like that but theft?

at age 19 every kid is a little mmm strange, and trying to figure out where they belong, some do something stupid some dont.

never give up! u have came this far, keep going i know its hard and sometimes seems impossible to win but we are here for u, maybe all i can do is give prayers but i know u can over come this.

sara

yeah, will try not to give up. yeah we have a chance...if it was a crime that was sexual in nature or drug related it'd be a no hope case. we have some hope tho. oh well, thats the law, its considered moral turpitude. We thought we had a chance at the interview. will talk to an attorney.

thanks by the way. any news on your case?

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

sara

yeah, will try not to give up. yeah we have a chance...if it was a crime that was sexual in nature or drug related it'd be a no hope case. we have some hope tho. oh well, thats the law, its considered moral turpitude. We thought we had a chance at the interview. will talk to an attorney.

thanks by the way. any news on your case?

you know until u read ur reply i was pretty stupid i thought that moral turpitude had to do with sexual crimes and drugs, theft is not anything to do with those two things.

no we have heard nothing at all.......

plz keep us posted whats going on (F)

sara

Timeline
you know until u read ur reply i was pretty stupid i thought that moral turpitude had to do with sexual crimes and drugs, theft is not anything to do with those two things.

no we have heard nothing at all.......

plz keep us posted whats going on (F)

sara

It sounds so terrible doesnt it! "moral turpitude". sounds like someone who went on a mad shooting spree!

As much as i hate our situation, he did something wrong and is reaping the consequences. You and periz did nothing wrong and are suffering needlessly. you guys are innocent victims of the system. will always be thinking of you and praying for you. I will keep u posted and will always be checking on you! (F)

Jenny

PB&JAM,

I've been thinking about your situation, and because I had an overstay I also studied the waivers (in case I needed one). My conclusion, based on all that it has been said on sites like immigrate2us and visajourney, is that you need a lawyer, a damn good one.

Now, the problem is which lawyer would be the best one? I strongly believe that the best lawyers for this are the ones who are, themselves, immigrants. They specialize in immigration, as they already been through that, and they have the advantage that they speak the client's language. As an example, an immigration lawyer that speaks romanian, will always be asked by romanian people to handle their immigrationg situations, first because they can talk romanian to the lawyer, and second because it is an immigration lawyer. So, this is how they know immigration rules and regulations, as they always have clients.

I'm praying for ya! :innocent:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Timeline
PB&JAM,

I've been thinking about your situation, and because I had an overstay I also studied the waivers (in case I needed one). My conclusion, based on all that it has been said on sites like immigrate2us and visajourney, is that you need a lawyer, a damn good one.

Now, the problem is which lawyer would be the best one? I strongly believe that the best lawyers for this are the ones who are, themselves, immigrants. They specialize in immigration, as they already been through that, and they have the advantage that they speak the client's language. As an example, an immigration lawyer that speaks romanian, will always be asked by romanian people to handle their immigrationg situations, first because they can talk romanian to the lawyer, and second because it is an immigration lawyer. So, this is how they know immigration rules and regulations, as they always have clients.

I'm praying for ya! :innocent:

thanks u! I have been reading up n i decided to get a lawyer. there are a few highly recommended on immigrate2us that specialize in waivers. i need a good one for sure as extreme hardship will be very hard to prove...thats where i need help. thanks!!! :star:

I don't even understand why they want to see "extreme hardship" anyway, wouldn't it make more sense for them to want to see evidence that the person with convictions is no longer at risk? Easier to prove, and has logic...

Timeline
I don't even understand why they want to see "extreme hardship" anyway, wouldn't it make more sense for them to want to see evidence that the person with convictions is no longer at risk? Easier to prove, and has logic...

yes they want to see that too. that will be easy to prove. but more important is the 'extreme hardship' b/cos they dont want him here. basically they are saying to me, 'if you really want to be with him, go there. If thats SO hard for you, well, prove it.' heartache, stress, pain, that stuff isnt even considered hardship. It doesnt make sense, but that's how it is.

here are some examples: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=66895

unfortunately, i am in good health and none of my relatives are currently dying. (I'm being facetious of course)

Hmm it looks incredibly difficult. I know that there is nothing on there that we would be able to use if we needed to prove extreme hardship, other than simply needing to be with the one you love. Is moving to the UK such a bad thing? I know you have cats to move with you, but that would be so much easier than applying for a waiver and the UK isn't considered to be in poverty or anything. Of course the decision is down to you and Paul, and it's understandable if you choose not to live in another country.

Timeline
Hmm it looks incredibly difficult. I know that there is nothing on there that we would be able to use if we needed to prove extreme hardship, other than simply needing to be with the one you love. Is moving to the UK such a bad thing? I know you have cats to move with you, but that would be so much easier than applying for a waiver and the UK isn't considered to be in poverty or anything. Of course the decision is down to you and Paul, and it's understandable if you choose not to live in another country.

It wouldnt be the worst thing. But i do have several reasons i want to stay here. family of course cause i'm very close to the ones who are still alive as many have died including my momma and all my grandparents. All i have left are my aunt, dad, and sisters. They would miss me terribly...and I them. (my dad recently battled prostate cancer, he is ok now thank God! but if it comes back?)

Also, I have a degree in business (accounting, US tax law) and thats pretty much useless in the UK. I have hopes of having a career here, i worked very hard, sat through the cpa exams (didnt pass) but i still want to get into that field. I had to put some of that on hold for various reasons but i still want to accomplish that.

I hate trains n will have to use them a lot there. i dread the idea of using trains to get around...i managed to when i visit paul but its very hard on me. i have an absolute fear and post traumatic stress disorder from them. (my best friend laid down on train tracks, suicide). It was a while ago but every time a train goes past me, i go back to that time in my life. i imagine her being shredded under the train, it kills me inside.

Those are a few reasons. I think fighting to stay here is worth a shot. If its a definite no, we'll see. I do love England.

Totally understandable..

Sounds like it would be very hard to leave your life in the U.S that you've worked so hard for, also considering the closeness to your family. It sounds like a lawyer would be the best thing for you and Paul to be together in the U.S, you're right. We'll all be here for you while you fight for that waiver and get him there.

I'm really sorry what happened to your best friend. My mum committed suicide too and for a long time I also suffered with PTSD, afraid of windows and doors in our house (as she died from hanging). It's a horrible thing to go through but I'm fully recovered now, I hope you find some peace from it too. Feel free to message me whenever you want.

Edited by Gemmie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.